Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center and Spa

Orbitz.com amextravel.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• YVRDave's Profile Photo

Relaxing serenity away from the masses

As you make your way West, away from the traffic and noise of South Florida, you find yourself arriving at a relaxing Oasis in the quiet and calm of Weston.
    The Hyatt Regency Bonaventure is a beautiful Spa and Convention Resort. The attentive doormen and smiling front desk staff effortlessly handle your arrival.
    My room was was ground floor by the pool, with a large patio. There was a small kitchen with bar stools. A large walk in shower and full Elizabeth Arden Spa amenities complimented the large bathroom.

Unique Quality: A 47,000 sq.ft. Spa and Fitness Facility. 24 hour Gym.
    Top rated, well deserved, Irelands Steakhouse is fantastic. The Bone-in Filet Mignon and Lobster Mac 'n Cheese was excellent. The Wine List starts at $40.
    Continental and Full Breakfast Buffet or Ala carte menu is available. Great lunch menu with Salads to a Daily seafood Special.

Directions: West of Ft. Lauderdale on I575 to Hwy 84, take Bonaventure Rd. exit.

Very close to Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall

More about Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center and Spa

Great Stay at the Hyatt Bonaventure

by TripAdvisor Member SanniAtTheBeach

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Bonaventure for a weekend getaway on April 28th and 29th. We had an excellent stay.

Check-in was a breeze, and took less than 5 minutes. Parking was free, and we were able to find a space only steps from the elevator in our building.

The lobby and grounds are beautiful, with lush waterfalls and koi ponds visible from a wooden bridge walkway. The pristine main pool had a lovely waterful. The staff was friendly and pleasant.

Our room was newly remodeled and beautiful, with a large, flat-screen LCD television. The huge marble bathroom with the bathtub and separate glass-enclosed shower was awesome. The bed was super-comfy; we slept like babies. Everything was immaculate.

There were only two negatives: one was the fact that this hotel is spread out over several buildings, and there are no interior hallways. Even though the hotel seems to be in a quiet, "retirementesque" location, it is a security concern to me.

The only other minor negative is the toiletries. The soap smells horrible!!!! Make sure you bring your own, or you might attract stray animals!!!

All in all, this hotel is spectacular. It's not really close to the nightlife of Fort Lauderdale or Miami, but we are from New Jersey and don't mind driving to get to where we want to be. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Will go back!

by TripAdvisor Member ashmawz

I stayed at the Hyatt Bonaventure on two seperate trips in April and I was really quite pleased with it. It is in such better shape than it used to be -- the rooms are all renovated and are very nice. The rates are incredibly reasonable for this time of year, so I actually saved some money booking there rather than at other area/beach hotels.

For the quality of this hotel they could charge much more -- it's well worth it.

Some cons however:

- The pools are not heated. As a recent South Florida transplant to New Jersey, I still fully expect water in South Florida to be at least 80 degrees. The pools at Bonaventure are like ice water, which was not pleasant and certainly hinders any meaningful time spent taking a dip. That said, book your trip here in the hottest months in
the summer, then you should be fine.

- My minibars were empty on both visits. This was a pain, because there's really no place around the area to buy bottled water or little snacks.

- Location. It's good if you have plans to spend your days in Western
Broward County. However, this is nowhere near the beach so if you're not from the area, don't expect a beach view from your room here.

Nice facility but service needs some help

by TripAdvisor Member bmark7

We stayed at the Hyatt Bonaventure in Weston from March 8-11, 2007. We booked a one bedroom suite ($304 per night AAA rate for sold out hotel), and the room was great. A very big suite with separate rooms and a door separating the two. Perfect for families with young kids. The room appeared to have been recently renovated. It had 2 LCD flat screens, a very big bathroom and half bath, and a kitchen with fridge, micowave, sink and stove. No flatware or plates, but room service brought up wine glasses, plates and silverware when we asked. Again, it was great to have a kitchen with little kids in tow. The suite was beautiful.

The service was another matter. The staff was pleasant for the most part, but either not trained or they just don't care. After check in we asked that the pull out couch be made up for the kids and for some extra towels. Upon return 5 hours later, nothing had been done, and now it was late. Another call, and it took 45 minutes for sheets and towels to be brought up. Calls to different parts of the hotel more often than not were met with ringing phones never answered. A call to determine what time the pool bar/cafe opened resulted in 3 phone transfers since no one knew the answer (the pool bar is only open on Sat/Sun). A delivery left at the desk was not delivered for almost 2 days despite calls requesting it. The staff didn't seem at all focussed on making the guest feel welcome or happy. Very low level of service. At the pool, we were told a lunch order would be out in 15-20 minutes. 40 minutes later, I had to ask about it and the waiter seemed to have forgotten. When the food finally came out after an hour wait, there was no apology and nothing removed from the bill. (the food pool side is a joke, although lunch in the restaurant was above average).

In fairness, I spoke with a manager the day before we checked out, and he was very nice and accomodating. A couple of meals were comped, and he apologized for the gaps in service, and acknowledged they are working on it.

The facilities are great, and I expect they will get the service up to Hyatt levels at some point. It became comedic in how bad the service was at every time. And it wasn't just us. We were there with several other people, and we all commented on the lack of service.

Get pampered

by TripAdvisor Member Capital Culture

I attended a conference at the Bonaventure; I am not usually a guest at a luxe property like this.
Highest praise to the staff of the Bonaventure. Everyone was extraordinarily friendly -- management to custodial staff greeted guests throughout the stay. The rooms are beautiful, and the amenities in the bathroom of the highest quality. Truly a place to relax.
The front desk seemed to be nearly always understaffed. I noticed long lines most of the time. The restaurant food was fine, but the service, while friendly, was slow in the extreme. The food service for the conference was careless. There was never enough coffee -- a sure way to have frantic guests in the morning! And the hotel is not near anything. So if you don't have a car during your stay, you are stuck with the highly marked up cost for snacks. It seemed to be a real nickle-and-dime thing to charge for the morning coffee in the lobby.
Despite these negative things, I do recommend the Bonaventure as a resort for relaxing and being pampered if you have lots of time and are not on a budget.

Pretty good, BUT.....

by TripAdvisor Member msh305

My wife and I enjoyed a 3 night stay at this property March 2 - 5, and overall this is a very nice property with excellent staff. Ask for Steven at check-in, he's young but extremely polite and professional. He upgraded us to a suite without asking, and later during our stay helped to find a FedEx package that had arrived the day before (Saturday) but was never logged in or brought to our room. Also, Denise at the Banyan Room restaurant was another fine example of the excellent staff. Besides treating us well, I observed while she professionally handled some redneck in the restaurant who got upset when his waiter called him by name (e.g., Mr Smith). They do that for everyone and I find it professional, but perhaps this jerk is in the witness protection program.

THE NOT-SO-GOOD...
We booked massages in advance at the recently renovated and extremely well-done Red Door spa. Two days before our arrival we received a call confirming our massages for the day BEFORE our arrival. My wife corrected the mistake, but we found out later that my request for a female masseuse was left off the reservation when the woman moved it to Sunday. On Sunday I'm met by this "dude" (he called me "bro") and I explained I asked for a female. Long story short, they initially said I was out of luck and the front staff was very defensive and only mildly apologetic (Dana Horowitz needs more training in customer relations!) Only because of a last minute cancellation by another guest did I receive what I asked for.

Ireland's Steak house looked great, but it's closed Sunday and Monday. This is a resort for crying out loud with only one other restaurant, and they close their best restaurant two nights a week??? We were going to eat there Sunday night but no one told us about the days the place is closed so we didn't find out until we tried opening the door, only to find it locked.

Also, the pool has this great looking cabana bar that would be perfect for drinks, food, etc. Unfortunately, it's not open during the afternoon WHEN EVERYONE AT THE POOL IS HUNGRY AND THIRSTY!!! To get food or drink you have to go inside to the restaurant, wait in line with the other hungry and thirsty guests ordering take-out, and then come back later to retrieve your lunch --- there is no wait-staff at the pool whatsoever. We never saw the outdoor cabana open while we were there.

Otherwise, this is a nice property with potential to be even better with some smart mgmt decisions. The place is quiet and not close to the crowds of Ft. Lauderdale so you have to like being somewhat isolated if you stay here.

No parking

by TripAdvisor Member PowellSharon

We had a difficult flight to Ft Lauderdale and an even more horrific car rental experience so we arrived at the Hyatt at 4AM. I had made reservations directly using a AAA rate with my husband's gold passport number and a credit card to hold the reservation. I had previously requested extra towels as service to go with our reservation. Upon arriving at the desk at 4AM we had to locate an employee. Eventually the employee arrived and assigned us to a room. We drove around to the room and discovered absolutely no parking. Cars were parked illegally throughout the parking lot. My husband dropped my daughter and me off with the luggage and went to park the car. While he was looking for a parking space, a security guy in a golf cart offered to follow him around until he found parking so he could drive him back, but no suggestions of where to go to find parking. He ended up parking around 1/4 mile from the room requiring a 10 minute walk. Remember this was 4AM.

The room itself was fairly nice. No sign of extra towels. Didn't bother to call. We put out a do not disturb sign and were not bothered. Check out time is noon and we used almost all that time to get some sleep. Did room check out and then went to the front desk to get the receipt from the room. There's no separate place to pick up the printed receipt and the front desk line was long and not moving so I left figuring the receipt would be mailed. It wasn't.

Overall, okay for the sleeping but not what I would consider first class.

Conference center unprepared for a conference

by TripAdvisor Member edrAlexandria

I attended a four day conference booked by my organization years in advance, but the lines at reception on the day most of us arrived were daunting, and most rooms were not ready. My room key didn't work well; I heard others making the same complaint. The outlying building where my room was located was without water for several hours the second day we were there, and almost all day the third day. There were lukewarm apologies, but no reduction of the room rate or other compensation was offered. When the water finally came back on in the afternoon of the second day, I returned to my room and sat down to rest for a few moments when the housekeeper arrived. I asked if she could come back later; she was clearly put out and said she needed to clean right then because she was ready to go home. There was a badly mismanaged cash bar one evening out by the pool. There were over four hundred people interested in buying something to drink, and the hotel provided a grand total of four people: two to sell drink vouchers to one line, and two people to actually serve the drinks to those who had stood in line to buy vouchers and were then standing in line to buy a drink with the voucher. The day the conference ended, there were again daunting lines at checkout. A "conference center" should be prepared to host conferences. I'll never go back to this hotel and won't recommend it.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Tampapair

Room was much nicer than I expected, much nicer than it looks from the outside. Spaceous room & bathroom. Comfortable bed, quiet surroundings.

One note of caution: Weston is way out west, if you're planning on heading into Fort Lauderdale or any points east, you'll be driving WITH traffic in the morning and evening so plan ahead.

Toss up

by TripAdvisor Member RickysJewel

I had a toss up with this hotel. The Hotel was decent. The grounds and the room were wonderful. When I first saw it I thought we would have a great stay but they were lacking in service. We arrived early in the morning around 2am and we had to wait around for a worker to check us in. Then there were a few times we called the fron desk to ask for things such as new towels & toilet paper. Needless to say we had to call them more than once. It was also very noisy in the morning because of the grounds workers but I'm sure that's because we stayed during the week. If you do choose to stay here make sure you include breakfast in your stay in would be alot cheaper. In the end I liked the hotel but not their service

Should I stay or should I go?

by Orion10101

Staying in Weston, Florida at the end of January for a work event. Am travelling quite a distance to get there so am thinking of staying an extra few days to get some benefit from the 13-hr journey.

Can anyone recommend some ideas of what I can do? Have never been to Florida before but with minimal research so far, am thinking of a few ideas:

1. The Everglades (walking/cycle tour?)
2. Beach
3. Fort Lauderdale visit
4. Miami visit (?)

Some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Re: Should I stay or should I go?

by YVRDave

Are you at the Hyatt Bonaventure? nice restaurant and spa.

There is a great Everglades tour from that hotel and Sawgrass Mills Outlet is very close also.

Re: Should I stay or should I go?

by Orion10101

Thanks for that, Sawgrass Mills seems like a great option. Like the spa idea also!

Comments