2301 Southeast 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33316, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 43% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• SONG's Profile Photo

Excellent Atlantic Ocean and city views.

From the time you book your reservation until you check out, you are treated very well by any
    Hyatt hotel. They will even call you prior to your stay to confirm your arrival and departure time.
    The Hyatts which I've stayed at have all been top-of-the-line, starting with the beautiful lobbies.
    Ample parking next to the hotel in a fairly secure and lit lot was a bonus. And our roomfor was most spacious, with almost a "suite" like atmosphere without the suite price. Hyatts pride themselves
    on their fine linens which you sleep on as well as the fine toiletries in the baths. The days of
    old, uncomfortable mattresses are gone. Very comfortable and enjoyable beds outfitted with fine linens and fluffy pillows can be expected as the norm in Hyatts. Add a couple Turkish towel
    bathrobes for after you shower / bath, as you feel like royalty. Daily newspapers are to be expected also.

Unique Quality: The Ft. Lauderdale Hyatt Regency at Pier 66 has a fabulous location, with the water taxi of Ft. Lauderdale stopping close by. This water taxi has a reasonable price for all ages and you can hop on and off it as many times as you wish all day long to enjoy various spots around the city. (Adults $20, children ages 5-11 $13, children under 5 free, and seniors $17)
    The hotel itself has a commanding view of the Atlantic Oceanwith gorgeous views of the sunrise over the Atlantic and is situated in the "high rent" district of the entire town. Gazing from our top floor room, we could see numerous yachts on the various canals.
    In fact, it has easy access to the marina on the Intercoastal Waterway.
    The hotel has a lower level dedicated to conventions with a pre-convention open area for mixing and mingling. Spacious, light and airy, and overlooking the lush tropical pool and garden area, it certainly is a nice beginning to a business meeting. The lobby itself has recently been redecorated and adjoins a nice lounge / bar area. Various shops offer clothing, accessories, toiletries, etc as well as snacks. A Sunday brunch high atop the Hyatt is a must with its luscious entries and the view of the entire city and the Atlantic.
    The Hyatt's website has so many nice professional photos and I will give you one web link.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Priceline near the cruise docks

I saw some complaints about this hotel on Trip Advisor from Priceline customers but really for $85 per night do you expect that they will be giving you the nicest room in the hotel? I was extremely pleased, mainly because I knew that $85 booking regularly would have gotten me a roach motel somewhere way north of where we stayed.

I'm guessing the nicer rooms are in the 17 story tower, certainly they would have a nicer view of the ocean. We were put in a room near the pool on the ground floor, we had a little patio outside our sliding glass door but no ocean view since the hotel is not on the beach.

Unique Quality: We didn't spend much time at the hotel having arrived at around midnight, getting up early for the hubby's swim race and then having to check out by noon. For our purposes it was great, the bed was comfortable, the shower had hot water and that was all I needed for such a brief stay.

The location for a pre cruise stay is good, it's just over the causeway from Port Everglades. When we asked about walking to the cruiseport the staff laughed at us, apparently no one does it although technically it is walkable. We did walk from the cruise port back to near the Hyatt when our cruise was finished but we didn't have luggage, the causeway is a bridge over one of the waterways so there is a big incline.

There was shampoo, lotion, bath gel, soap and toothpaste in the bathroom, there was a hair dryer and in room safe.

There is a free beach shuttle, no shuttle to the airport and a $7 per person shuttle to the cruise port. Estimated taxi cost to the cruise pier is $10-15. There is a Sun Trolley stop across the street that will take you the the beaches and other tourist areas, there is also a water taxi stop.

Directions: near Port Everglades

• very poor - avoid this place

First room I was placed in was infested with ants. Second room had an 8ft puddle of soaked carpet coming from the broken air conditioner and smelt like raw sewage. Rooms are in very poor condition for a "resort" like this and the common areas are in desperate need of renovation. There is a large renovation project underway that makes the entire front desk area a complete pain to get in and out of (Oct 07 time frame). Parking lot flooded during a mid-day thunderstorm. That night there was a charity event - the valets tripled parked cars behind parked cars completely blocking in 80 to 100 vehicles. To top it off the fire alarm went off around 10:20 PM - they shut off the sirens but EVERY speaker in the entire complex beeped loudly every 5 seconds for over 2 hours. They were were unable to turn off the beeping which could be heard throughout the entire property. When I called to ask why the alarms were still beeping every 5 seconds after 2 hours the front desk staff simply said "sorry we're working on it" and hung up. A very poorly run and managed hotel - stay somewhere else when visiting Ft. Lauderdale.

Unique Quality: The marina next to the hotel is a great place to see some amazing yachts

• musbars's Profile Photo

The nicest view of the sunset

There is a bar at the top of the hotel. It spins around and makes one revolution per hour. You can enjoy the nicest view of the Fort Lauderdale with its beautiful streets, intracoastal water, downtown, and of course the Ocean. Watch the sunset and sip a cocktail.

Unique Quality: I saw the Queen Mary II departing. it is very huge!

• allenkite's Profile Photo

Hyatt at Pier 66

Kind of pricey . . . But keep your eyes open . . . If you are not on a strict schedule, you can get some good deals

Unique Quality: Will be staying here in January of 2001 . . . Will update after this . . . Last time I was in Lauderdale, we did go to the Pier Top Lounge at The Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six . . . great revolving lounge with live jazz and dancing seasonally Tuesday through Thursday and Saturdays . . . Great boat watching . . . More like yachts . . . My husband is going to love it

More about Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six

Pier 66 - one of the best

by TripAdvisor Member donnchris16

My husband and I have stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 for the past 7 years during our annual trip to South Florida each March. For the first time last year, we stayed in a Tower Room and fell in love with it. We would definitely recommend this room. Our view overlooked the Atlantic Ocean, we could watch the cruise ships sail by from our balcony. The pool has a very casual and relaxing atmosphere with two waterfalls and poolside bar.

very nice

by TripAdvisor Member DM

We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 over new years eve for 3 nights. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
-Very nice hotel...solid 4 diamond/4 star.
-Big rooms, big bathrooms
-clean rooms and baths
-staff is efficient, helpful and friendly
-beautiful views from Tower rooms (the higher the better)
-close to "water transportation"
-we felt very safe all the time

Cons:
-location (not in easy walking distance of anything so...
-they nickel and dime you (work out facility is $10 a day, parking is $11 a day, etc...) in typical resort fashion
-not right on the beach

We really enjoyed our stay here. No complaints whatsoever.

HOWEVER....there are 2 sections of this hotel; the tower (17 floors I think) and a two story "wrap around the pool" section. I have read and heard mediocre things about the 2 story part.

Awful room, and no help to help us!

by TripAdvisor Member EyeMD

My wife, child & I came for a wedding in the hotel. We made the reservation on the Hyatt website for a marina room. We were expecting a king bed with a patio/balcony as described - nothing fancy. Our room was misty/muggy and hot. The air conditioner was not working. The "patio" was actually a sliding door that opened to the bushes near the parking lot. Our designated patio was around the corner from our room (nice & private, right?) alongside a walkway to the parking lot, filled with wet leaves, and missing chairs (people took the chairs because, hey, it's on the pathway - it can't possibly belong to a room). We called the front desk & engineering about the a/c problem, they sent over a spray bottle to make it smell nicer.

We went to the desk, and they gave us one option - a smoking room with 2 queen beds - not really a good option for a couple with a baby & crib. The housekeeper came in and said, "there are rooms in the tower. they should give you a room there." the desk denied it. We asked for a discount - denied. Everyone not "customer friendly" at all - "sorry, there is nothing we can do" was the most common phrase heard in the hotel.

We wrote to Hyatt after our stay, and the manager sent us a letter saying that they found out the problem with the air, they're sorry, and they'll make it up to us by assuring the best stay next time we come. Thanks, but no thanks. I was part of the wedding party held at their hotel - I was treated like a guy who gives people air freshener when they complain of broken A/C (hey, I met that guy).

PS - Our story wasn't the worst one we heard that weekend.

Pool was nice.

Not worth it.

by TripAdvisor Member dteix

I was down in Miami for the weekend and stayed one night in Fort Lauderdale. Checked into the Hyatt around 4:00 and left around 6:00. We were given one of the Lanai rooms which made it like a motel. We were on the first floor with a sliding glass door opening to bushes. The door didn't lock and was help shut only by a metal bar. The room was so musty and damp, I was afraid to go under the covers. We called the front desk to see if we could move into the hotel tower but they said they had no rooms available. Then while watching the news, a ticker came across saying police were investigating a body found at the Hyatt Pier Sixty Six. I never heard anything else about it, so it may not have been foul play but that was enough to make me not feel safe in a room on the first floor with a glass door that didn't properly lock. Needless to say we checked out of the hotel 2 hours later and move to the Marrriott up the street. Definitely not worth $180 a night.

we were treated like visiting royalty at the Pier 66

My friend and I went to see the Princess Diana exhibit and chose Pier 66 for our overnight stay. It was absolutely perfect from the moment we arrived. Everyone was so helpful and friendly, from the bellman's warm welcome to the front desk's gracious handling of our check-out the next day. Our room was lovely and dinner at the Grille 66 delicious, as was the buffet breakfast the next morning. We are planning another "girls' " getaway soon and wouldn't stay anywhere else. Thank you everyone!

We wont be back

November 9th/12th 2004.

We were on a 3 day pre-cruise stay and were given one of the rooms on the Lanai block. The bathroom smelt like a public urinal, so we moved. After unpacking in our second room we noticed the closet (or wardrobe carpet as the English call it) was soaking wet, we cannot believe the cleaner hadn't noticed this. We were again offered a 3rd room, but packing and unpacking 3 times on only a 3 day stay is not my idea of fun, so we stayed put. I wrote to the Manager whileI was there telling him all this. He had 2 days to reply - but nothing. We were under the impression we were staying with one of the top Hotel chains of the world - apparently not! An apology from the Management would have been nice, and I probably wouldn't be sat her now letting everyone know our experience if they had cared enough to do so. Pier 66 let's the Hyatt chain down.

pier 66-excellent

by TripAdvisor Member interestedintravel

We have stayed 3 times now at the Pier 66. I must say that the Tower rooms, have a lovely feeling to them. Also gorgeous views.
We dined at the Grille 66 several times , also fantastic.
We too felt like royalty and will definately be returning. We had one complaint and it was dealt with immediately, with apologies and action. Can highly recomend

england, United Kingdom

Getting married in Fort Lauderdale?

by J4mesg

Any nice locations where we can get married in F.L?

Is the DoubleTree Oceanfront Hotel nice?

HELP!!

Re: Getting married in Fort Lauderdale?

by SunTanBob

Been to a nice wedding at Hyatt Pier 66 and another at Bahia Mar.

Comments