Inverrary Hotel

Booking.com Orbitz.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 41% less but rated 31% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• Simply Awful

As unimpressive as the online pictures are, they still look significantly better than the actual hotel. I’m guessing these pictures were from opening night however many years ago.

The rooms were absolutely filthy and outdated. There was mold, mildew & rust everywhere especially in the bathroom. The grout between the shower tiles was mostly black. The shower head’s faucet had so much buildup (greenish deposits) that the water stream was very irregular (as if it’s not bad enough there was a “water saving” soft stream to begin with).

I’ve travel extensively but there’s always a first for everything – streaks on the towels. Simply delightful. Surprisingly, the hotel staff was not rude but they were very indifferent towards complaints. I’m not sure if they have ever visited a 3 star hotel (yes, the unimaginable luxuries) but this certainly was not one and I’m not sure how they received such a high (in comparison) rating.

The furniture was old, smelly & in disrepair. Beware of HIDDEN FEES. Surely everyone has fine print that says “resort fees may apply” but even still, this was the first time I’ve stayed at a hotel that actually took advantage of that ever so tiny clause. So just be prepared, if the only reason you’re staying at Inverray is because of the price, scratch that. After bogus charges, you’ll be better off staying the night at an actual 3 star hotel.

Thugs roaming the parking lot all night… Broken down vehicles in the parking lot. Little parking period, you’ll have to park around the corner and hope you make it to the lobby safely.. Breakfast is not included with basic rooms – heads up. [Not that I’d dream of eating anything from a place like that anyway.]

Overall impression: Grimy & disgusting. Never again.

Unique Quality: Be prepared to not only show photo ID but to have them make a copy for "their file" - odd. Never had to do this at any other hotel.

More about Inverrary Hotel

Was disappointed with the Inverrary

We booked the Inverary Hotel primarily because of its relative location to the Inverary Golf Course which we wanted to play. The appearance of the hotel from the outside was kind of nice in the dark when we arrived. The lobby area was very nice too and our room was satisfactory. But that is where the niceties ended. Our ride up to the top floor on the elevator was our first clue that all was not as it appeared. The elevators were filthy with cracked or partially broken panels on every one of the three. One of them had white powder of some kind on the floor that was there for our whole stay which was Sunday till Wednesday. Housekeeping was poor and inconsistant. They did not show up the first morning so we had to request that they do so when we returned in the late afternoon. We went to dinner and they showed up but ending up doing a partial job and took our towels but left us none in their place. I ended up having to go to housekeeping twice to get things that were not left by their people. We checked out the restaurant on the first morning which was a mistake. It had a very nice appearance which attracted us, but plain bacon and eggs took an hour to get once we sat down and the place was empty when we walked in at 9:00am. This caused us to miss our tee time at the golf course. Dirty dishes were still on tables from diners before us when we arrived and were still there when we finished breakfast. Management seemed not to be concerned about anything or were oblivious to it all. Everyone we talked to seemed to think it was a joke how the place was being managed. I would not recommend the Inverrary to a stranger let alone a friend.

Inverrary Golf Trip

by TripAdvisor Member louworc

Look, know the hotel looks tired, but the price and service can't be beat.

Took a men's golf group of 10 for 3 days. Daily price of $140. included room (double occupancy), golf, cart, breakfast, lunch, dinner and unlimited booze. Yeah, I know, how do they make money?

The staff could not have been nicer - took us to/from courses each day, tended and stored our clubs over night, arranged transportation to/from airport, etc.

Have real misgiving based on the reviews on this site. After our stay we booked for next year before leaving.

Flea Bitten SLum

Fleas were dancing on the desk in the room!!!

No towels in the bathroom!!!!

No sheets on one of the beds (just balnket and bedspread)!!!

This is the single worst hotel I have ever stayed in, and that includes youth hostels...

The staff was nice, though. They seem to know that they work in a dump but try to make amends....

stay away

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel was run down but the worst part was how dirty the hotel was. We had a room with double beds one of the beds had a white crusty stain on the comforter. The whole room was dirty. I don't think it had been cleaned in a very long time. All of the elevators were in run down condition. In one elevator the front panel would swing back & you could see the outside of the elevator shaft as you rode up in it. Very scary. The whole place had a look of neglect. It looked like it was a nice place at one point but it has been terribly neglected. We only stayed one night & that was one night too long. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

I still feel the bugs biting......

I just spent 2 nights at this hotel, and believe me, not by my own choosing. The rooms my friends and I occupied looked nothing like the ones on your website. Oh, they look similar, but our rooms had rusted out tubs; stained carpets, furniture, and bedding; smoky curtains; and general dirt and filth. When our attempts to find another hotel (any hotel) failed, we just sprayed everything down with Lysol and hoped for the best.

As far as service: what service? Upon our arrival we discovered we only had 2 bath towels in a room with 4 people. When we called for additional towels we were told the front desk was out, that housekeeping was locked, and that they had no key. What????? We did eventually receive additional towels, but not until the next morning, and only after one of us had used a hand towel for drying off after a shower. When we returned later that day, same deal. Except this time, we did get our 2 other towels, after we took the "death trap" aka the elevator down to the front desk and got them ourselves.

As for paying at origin, kudos to management on that "convenience". Nobody in their right mind would stay in the dump I stayed in unless they were stranded, or had already paid, apparently, non-refundable money up front.

The website promises that their hotel "will meet your highest expectations for an unforgettable vacation". Well, it was half right; it was unforgettable - the problem is I wish I could forget.

Hotel Horror

A friend of ours booked this hotel for a womens group. When we arrived there, the hotel lobby looked outdated but sufficient. Imagine our suprise when we entered the hotel rooms. One of them smelled strong of mold, the bedding was ancient, the carpet severely stained...and get this...the room was slanted from hurricane water damage. Yes slanted! When laying on the bed your feet were at least 3 inches higher than your head. Our room was moved to a less moldy room with a faulty air condition and equally as substandard bedding.

As we went down the elevator we got stuck (we also heard many stories of others who were stranded.)When we walked down the hallway the wallpaper was peeling and the walls were bulging outward.

We ran into a maid cleaning up and asked if we could re-vacuum our room beacuse we could see bits crumbs and dirt on the floor...she said of course but it did not help, to which she later explained that the VACUUM DID NOT WORK properly.

We began to speak to others staying at this hotel and learned that an elderly couple had absoulutely no AC for their entire trip and no one would help them. Another woman had TICKS in her mattress with BLOOD STAINS from where others had tried to kill them; they both slept in their vehicles because every hotel was booked because of a convention.They also ran out of towels very early in the evening. And claimed that housekeeping had locked the door preventing them from getting more....Now why would such an important room be locked?

Every time we approached the hotel and parked others

who thought we were checking in told us to leave right away.

The manager who promised compensation did not come in the morning that everyone from the convention was checking out. It was only when we called our credit card company (to block the charge) in front of the check out counter did they offer compensation (and that was after 30 minutes of talking to the staff.)

This hotel is severely lacking in management and integrity. There was only a sole woman at the check out counter who was helpful and left helpless by the manager.

Worst dump ever!

by TripAdvisor Member PatKennesaw_GA

We will post a picture later showing wires hanging out in the open.
The ONLY reason we stayed is we could not find any kind of hotel anywhere, all were full.
FILTHY place. As stated by others, the lobby looks OK but that is the only place that is. Filthy room carpet and tiles. First day towels smelled sour. MOLD on shower tiles. Dirt on bedspreads. On first arrival we asked to have lunch out by the pool which at first glance seems quite nice. The girl in the restaurant told us the tables outside were dirty. Well, indeed, they were and nobody ever came out to clean them or inquire further with us. We left and ate elsewhere. The restaurant was for all purposes empty most of the time, I can just imagine why.
The lovely pool bar was never open and appeared abandoned. The restrooms by the pool were empty holes.
The area on our floor in front of the dilapidated elevators was truly filthy and never mopped in 3 days.
The elevators were broken, wires exposed, walls broken and hanging loose. Should never have passed any kind of inspection.
The room was never vacuumed in 3 days ( I guess they can't afford to fix that vacuum). We had 3 in the room and every day had to ask for more towels because they only replace 2 of the paper thin towels each day. I guess the key had been found, because we did at least get the towels. Thank goodness we did not have to spend much time in this room.
The parking was insufficient and in a state of disrepair and at night quite scary.
It appears that a good number of workers are living in this hotel and there were makeshift grills outside of rooms, clothes hanging out to dry and people coming and going with their bags of groceries.
Some of the rooms on the main floor where "workers" appeared to have been living had window air conditioners hanging out of the walls or propped up on bricks and some just had a hole in the wall where one had been. This was right by the pool area, how inviting!
Don't even think hurricane damage, this place was already in bad bad shape before any hurricane came by. Too bad it did not knock the place down.

I will have to say this is worse than places I have stayed in third world countries. Some "resort".

The pictures lie!!!

We spent one night at this hotel, it was a timeshare sales gimmick deal. One night was plenty for me. When we pulled up to the front of the hotel it looked nothing like the photo's I had seen. The lobby was nice, thats where it ended, when we entered the elevator to go up to our room, the whole control panel in the elevator was loose and you could see the wiring behind it. My husband made mention of this to the front desk, but they did not seem the least bit concerned. The hotel had marble floors thru out and they where in poor condition, chipped, broken pieces missing, some places a real tripping hazard. Our room was a nice size, but had a strange odor, there were stains on the carpet and bedspread. The bathroom was quite roomy but the needed some repair work, to sum it up, this hotel needed major repairs and renovations. I would never stay there again. It was very dissapointing.

Friendly and good value

by TripAdvisor Member eleme

The Hotel is inside a very nice residential area but not easy to find, so call and get directions. The building is in the middle of the golf and tennis. The rooms are nice and the maids do a very good job, We got a very good value for our money. We were told that they are working on renovations, and we saw some floors with work in progress.. They are chinging the elevators and we saw furniture being hauled upstairs. The staff is very friendly and professional, eager to help, and the food was very good. Surprisingly, it is located very conveniently, 10 min. to Sawgrass Mills and Broward malls, near major highway intersections and fairly close to downtown Fort Lauderdale and the beach so it was a good choice for us. We we will go back on our next vacation.

Comments