2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 34% less but rated 18% lower than other 2.5 star hotels

• wonderful time

My stay was definitley a 5 star . The staff was great as was the grounds . Laid back no stress or pressure . stroll over to the pool and through the Tiki hut bar that has live entertainment onto the beach. Where there are staff are waiting to help you with any rentals you could need ,as well as excursions. All at a very reasonable Price . I can't wait to return.

Unique Quality: definitley would tell all about this place after I book my winter stay so as not to shut myself out .

Directions: stroll the beach to the fishing peir on commercial blvd. The most happenning place is called Aruba's great food ,live entertainment . and lots of fun .along with shops and restaurants this
    area is a must visit

More about Lauderdale Beachside Hotel

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member drr49

I stayed here for 5 days, and as I have been here before, was satisfied with my stay.

This is not a resort in the typical sense, but more of a beach hotel with activities available. The real treasure is its location in the town of Lauderdale by the Sea (LBTS), a small town only 10 mi from the Lauderdale airport, but still quiet and quaint. No hi-rise condos on the beach here.

If you are looking for a beach get-away, this is a nice location. The mini-fridge and micro in every room, coupled with the grocery store across the street, make eating not so expensive. But there are many restaurants nearby as an option.

About 4 blocks south of the hotel is the center of LBTS, and on fri nights, the street is closed off and they have live music from 8-10pm.

The hotel does have a satisfaction guarantee. The rules of TripAdvisor preclude me from posting their website, but if you google the term LBTS, you will get the chanber of commerce site for LBTS, which has a listing of all hotels. Click on hotels and scroll down to the Clarion, and click on that.
Here you will find a good deal of info on this location, as well as the satisfaction guarantee I have mentioned.

If you are considering this location, do check out this site, as it explains the 3 different buildings, and which type of rooms are in which building. I would avoid the suites building, as it is the oldest and needs more work. I have stayed in both the main building and the beach building, and both are fine.

Bottom line: the property is old and needs some work, but you get a great location for a very reasonable rate. I find it to be a value.

Great Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Blandy1

This resort is everything it is advertised to be!!!!! Great location, nice rooms, friendly staff, wonderful beach!!!!!! We really enjoyed our stay there & would recommend this resort to anyone staying in that area. If you want to relax in the sun at a reasonable price.....this is the place!!

We had a great time!

We were there for three nights. Unfortunately we couldn't stay longer, because we wanted to see more of FL. We had a room in the 2nd of the three buildings, 5th floor, great view over the sea and the pier. Room was very clean, the free ice machine on the floor was excellent. :-) There was no breakfast included, we knew that before, so it didn't matter!

A few words concerning the beach:
There are no high buildings around the hotel, so you have sun on the beach until round about 5:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. (not everybody in Fort Lauderdale can say that! *g*).

very very dirty......

Booked online for post-cruise. OK i am not very picky but i like clean mold free rooms, and this place was anything but clean. Mold and holes in bathroom, floor was very dirty could not walk on them with out shoes.(hard with three kids) We had two rooms booked and both were gross. The pool was ok but unkept area, shopping carts in pool area, old deck there with junk all over it. Would never stay here again!! Try The Palms South Beach this was our pre-cruise hotel fabulous!!!

Excellent Value!

by TripAdvisor Member riverzma

Just returned from 6 days at the Clarion. Great value in a beautiful town. Prices are more than reasonable and the location can't be beat. Even if you are in the Main Building, the beach is right out the back door. Pool is a little small but nice, and located right next to a beachside bar (which is an offshoot of the resort's on-grounds restaurant). You can rent waverunners, snorkel gear, kayaks and more right by the pool. The beach is beautiful with a natural reef within swimming distance of the shore. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. The concierge was very helpful. We didn't rent a car and she was able to set us up on tours/trips with transportation with no problem. Bus system is efficient and costs a dollar each way, and there's a water taxi around Ft. Lauderdale Beach that is fun just as an alternative way to see the city.
The town itself is very nice - not as much of a 'spring break' crowd as Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Great restaurants all within walking distance, a pier for fishing, and weekend night outdoor entertainment at some of the local bars and cafes. I highly recommend this hotel and this town - I am already looking forward to going back.

There for Pats weekend

Had an oceanview room,first floor.sliding door to a well kept patio area,which went to a grassy area,which lead to the beach.
Room was OK.This place is all about location.Great little town,right on the beach.
Shopping cart is for the guests to use for their luggage and beer.Shopping right across the street,beer,wine,food.
Rentals on site.
Volleyball court right on beach.Some townies set up the court and invited all of us to play.There were 16 of us.Good people,good time.
After the Pats beat the Dolphins is was back to the ocean front bar.Like I said,location.
For $110.00 a night what a score.
I enjoyed the place,it was everything I thought it would be.

Great Value, Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member Snic

Excellent value for money!!! This hotel is perfectly located, right on the beach and within driving distance to all miami attractions e.g Football Stadium, Sawgrass Mills, etc. Although the hotel itself needs attention (tiles missing, lift noisy etc) the rooms are very clean, large and comfortable. Service was good at both the receoption and restaurant and ammenities were great too. The room had a coffee maker, toiletries, large TV, two large beds, and air con. The pool is fairly small but right next to the beach so guests have a choice. Would definitely stay there again if on a budget.

The worst value hotel

In December we booked the Clarion hotel Lauderdale by the sea Florida Because the local infomation guide stated that the hotel had referbished all its rooms, What year was this advert printed ? We had to look at three rooms before we found one that did not have either black mold on the cieling, Running toilets, ripped curtains,wardrobe door hanging off generally very run down rooms, and over priced, over christmas they double the room rate.
The pool was cold, and the fianle straw was the mouse trap behind the sofa in room, We were booked in for a second time after the New Year but cancelled, We then went to four other Hotels in the area much smaller but all in very poor condition, It seems thay have a capative public in Lauderdale by the sea, and the responce from the staff was take it or leave it,
We stayed in Fort Lauderdale Sheraton very good

Trip from Hell

My wife recently had the "pleasure" of staying at this "place". She had went down to Ft. Lauderdale for a 2 night business stay. A travel agency booked the hotel. The first night she got to her hotel, which was at about 11 pm, she walked into a lobby with 2 gals and a maintance man standing around laughing and swearing about the "Crackers" that stay there. So she approached them at the desk to check in. The girls checked her in and told her to go out the front door, cross the street, and down the block about half way. So, my wife stood there with a confused look on her face. She assumed she was staying in that building that looked to be half way ok. I wouldn't even give it half decent. Standing befudled, the maintance man said he would show her her room. She thought great. The maintance man lead her to the window pointed down the street and said there that way.

So my wife barely makes it across traffic with her suitcase and breifcase. Walks down to her front door being right on Ocean dr. When she went in side it was probably 90 degrees in her room. The blinds would not close all the way and there was an ajoining room behind hers where there were multiple men "partying" pretty hard. There was only a small lock between her room and theirs. It looked like a bathroom stall lock. The place was old and unattended to. Dark, dingy, and smelled.

The next morning after getting NO sleep she refused to take a shower, brush her teeth, or even wash her hands in the rotten, yellow water that came from the sinks.

My wife was so disturbed with her expeirence with this place she slept with her socks on and her suitcase packed. In case someone decide to break down that great lock in the back of her room.

I'm first very displeased with the travel agency that was used. Yet, that is neither here nor there. The place was horrid and my wife is pretty tough. A fellow co worker dropped her off when she arrived and called 10 other hotels to try and move her.

I guess the jist of this is...

Don't trust a travel agent and don't stay at this place.

Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

by GUYON

Last year, we found a good hotel in Hillsboro near Ft Lauderdale.

This year (November) I am looking a hotel which matches the following requests (I ignore if it is possible) :

- a direct access on the beach
- near (or not too far from Sawgrass Mills, the big mall)
- near downtown Ft Lauderdale : is there a downtown ? We did not find it last year.
- a kitchen in the room
- a low price as it is the low season : 70/80$ (last year we had a mini-suite with kitchen for 68$ tax include).

Thanks
RAY

by grandmaR

I'm not sure that all that is possible.

I've found two places that are near Sawgrass Mills, near or on the beach and have a refrigerator and microwave in the room (some of them also have a full kitchen).

One is http://groovytravel.net/discounttravel/hotelmotel/us/Florida/Lauderdale_By_The_Sea/a/137712/ Clarion Lauderdale Beach Resort

and the other is http://www.geocities.com/hotel411_99/ Beach Ball Hotel

I didn't check on the prices. But I don't think either of those places are particularly near the downtown. Yes there IS a downtown.

by hayward68

You can't have both direct access to Sawgrass Mills and direct access to the beach as they are not near each other. I stayed at a motel that was a mini-apartment a couple of blocks from the beach and within a half hour walking distance to the main downtown area. Plus it was owned by French Canadians so maybe that will help you. Fairly inexpensive, it was $59 in 2001. The info for the motel is in my Fort Lauderdale page. I think it was called the Flying Cloud motel.

by pulgaron

Guy, if you want to find Down Town FT Lauderdale, ask for directions to River Walk, or the Broward Theather house.

Re: Re: Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

by ladyfisher

Ray you want to go a little piece down from Ft. Lauerdale to a section of town calles LAUDERDALE BY THE SEA ( yes that is the name of the town . You can be right on the beach and be able to walk to downtown. It is about 5 blocks fromthe main section of Fort LAuderdale or you can visit it's own town square LAuderdale by the sea which is much quiter. They have buses that will run to Sawgrarass mills if you don't rent a car. several places with kicthens on this site http://www.lbts.com/hotels.html WE stayed at Hoilday Inn By the sea in Feb . No Kitchen but meet our needs for a weekend. It is a great place the town. In Fort Lauerdale itself the places with Kitchens are either very high end or not right on beach . Trust me go down a few blocks to Lauerdale by the sea.
Inn by the sea