Marriott Fort Lauderdale North

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 12% higher than other 3 star hotels

• DrDevience's Profile Photo

Nice Place, not the best location

This Marriott property is one of the nicer ones in the chain. Even the lobby boasts the best of everything down to the huge plasma TV on the wall.

The desk clerks are very nice and extremely helpful. The rooms, while not spacious, are well appointed with bed, sofa, TV, and even a Bose clock/radio/CD player.

The rooms are clean and have balconies, although one side of the place will give you a gorgeous view of the ummmm parking lot. heh.

The pool is in the center of the buildings and is a nice big one and not overly clorinated.

The restaurant is nice and has better food than most hotels.

Unique Quality: While a nice place, it is not the best location in Lauderdale. It is an easy drive though to Lauderdale-by-the-sea which is a great lazy tourist area with some good restaurants and plenty of shopping.

DO haggle with the desk clerks. they stated $150 when I walked in, I walked out with room keys at $95.

Directions: Near Lauderdale-by-the-sea (which is not the main Lauderdale Beach area).

More about Marriott Fort Lauderdale North

not great this time

by TripAdvisor Member fpk1005

This is our third time at Marriott North. We chose it for the Marriott name and convenient location to visiting family. Every time we stayed there it has gone down further. It appears lovely but needs a facelift. The staff is friendly enough. They seem to cater to big groups who get a bit rowdy also. We will be looking for another hotel the next time we visit our family. All in all, it does not meet the high quality that we are used to in a Marriott hotel.

Worst ever Marriott stay

by TripAdvisor Member tamfoxy

My wife and I were on a cruise holiday with Celebrity cruises (which was excellent).Prior to embarking we were to stay one night at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott North which we were quite looking forward to as we have stayed in a number of Marriott hotels both in the UK and worldwide.
When we arrived at Miami airport we anticipated a short trip to Fort Lauderdale which is only about 18 miles away how wrong we were! In total the time from boarding the coach to being dropped off at the hotel was almost 4 hours! The coach driver getting lost numerous times and providing us wth a tour of many of Fort Lauderdale's car parks,I realise that I cannot bame the hotel for that but after such a tiring journey from the UK we were looking forward to a nice relaxing evening.
We eventually checked in after a serious delay caused by the very limited reception desk staff (2 only at a very busy time)
On reaching our room we discovered that it had not been made up and when I tried to phone I discovered that the telephone was not connected.I went down to reception and after a wait was provided with another room.
After a shower we were looking forward to a nice relaxing dinner.
We arrived at the restaurant at approximately 8pm and we were advised that other than a bar meal there was only a buffet which was extremely limited and no way worth the price they were charging.
That night we hung our room service breakfast request on the door and went to sleep.The next morning when we did not receive breakfast at the requested time I checked and found the order still hanging on the door! I rang room service to find out if we could order then and was told someone would ring back to take my order after a wait of about 20 minutes I rang again and was told that the request had been passed to the supervisor who 'must have forgotten and would I like someone to ring back to take my order?' I declined and we went to the nearby mall for something to eat.
When it was time to leave we went to the lifts (we were on the 10th floor) and found total chaos.The lifts were continually full and we and others from our floor waited over 20 minutes before we finally managed to squeeze into a lift.
On reaching the ground floor again chaos reigned with suitcases everywhere and a total lack of any organization to put them onto the waiting coaches.
If we ever go to Fort Lauderdale again for any reason we will definately not stay at this totally disorganized and chaotic hotel

Here for conference

I was at this place for a conference. When I booked the room, the place was all filled up, so they put me up in another motel a few miles away. I had to drive back and forth to the conference. Finding a parking place was no problem.

The food for the luncheons was very good; but we were not told before hand what it was going to be. For those of us with food allergies, that could be a problem. For the afternoon cookie breaks, they had several different types of cookies, but they were not labeled as to which was which. I had to ask which ones had peanuts or peanut butter in them; and there were some, so I had to avoid those. They should have labels as to which types they were. The ones that I did have were delicious. Continental Breakfast for the conference was just bagels, coffee, juice, water, etc. They would frequently run out of stuff here.

Regular Breakfast at the on-site restaurant was good. They had an all you can eat breakfast bar for $14.79 (13.95 plus tax). Not as many different selections as some other places, but good enough. Price was a bit high, though.

I did not have dinner at the on-site restaurant. There were several near by restaurants within a 2 minute drive, or a 10 minute walk.

Decent conference facilities. The conference rooms were very good. The staff was efficient at arranging them the way that they were needed. Always had enough water. I would recommend this place for a conference of this size (300).

The service did not match the price

I stayed at the Marriott for a conference. First, when I booked on-line, I was not allowed to book specifics such as non-smoking room, bed size etc... On the way to the hotel, my friend and I got lost because we were re-routed from the interstate, I called the hotel 3 times to ask for directions and all 3 times, I was told they could not help. We rode around for 3 1/2 hours before we found our way. On the morning of the conference, I asked one of the girls at the reception desk for directions to my meeting room, I was again told "I don't know". I ordered room service for myself and my friend...it got all screwed up and I did not get salad dressing for my ceasar salad...went to the hotel restaurant, it took for ever to get my check...the room did not have a bath robe. I was not very impressed with this Marriott. Management should pay attention to the little details. That's what makes a difference between a so so hotel and a great hotel.

Good for Conventioneers

by TripAdvisor Member Donnel

We had no trouble finding the hotel after leaving car rental. We could not get a no-smoking room, which was the first negative, The dining room was unattractive and one of the employees of the hotel told us not use it for breakfast or snacks but to go over to the railroad car diner, 3 minutes away in the mall. It was excellent and inexpensive .The bar, in a long corridor on the way to the restaurant, was not very appeealing, either. The two ladies in the gift shop were very nice, as others have written, but what was called a newstand had no newspapers for sale, and although we were told we would have a newspaper at our door in the morning, it never happened. I think this would be a good place for a convention where the CEO or presiding officer wanted all of his employees on call at all times, because there is nothing to do within miles of the hotel. In addition, the price was not that reasonable for that time of the year in Ft. Lauderdale and for a hotel in the middle of nowhere. We were there from April 28-30th.

good business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hdblue

I stayed at this hotel for a meeting in June. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The beds were very nice and the hotel facilities were very nice as well. This is a good basic marriott business hotel, nothing special, nothing bad. If you are used to Marriott, this hotel will meet your expectations. The staff and management are quite attentive and nice at this location.

Great hotel in the North Ft.Lauderdale area

by TripAdvisor Member Mikeaspen

My beautiful wife and I stayed at this Hotel before a cruise from Miami on August 24 thru 28. The location is right off 95 and with a car rental was very convenient. Check-in went very smooth and we were in our room in a short time. The front desk was fantastic and very professional. They were always very helpful in answering our questions on where to dine. I must point out the staff went beyond our expectations in service and knowlege of Ft. Lauderdale. We were most impressed one day to find free cokes with cups and microwaved popcorn already popped including a free movie rental in our room. The breakfast buffet included omlets made to order, various yogurts, fruit, scrambled eggs and bacon inlcuding various cereals. The pool was very clean and felt great on a hot August day. Although not on the beach, it is a beautiful Marriott in a great location if you have a car.
We would definitely come back to this hotel again. Thank you front desk and Marriott!!!!! Again, the front desk went out of their way to make us feel right at home!!

Clean, quiet, comfortable and convenient.

by TripAdvisor Member hatlad

Great hotel! Room & ammenities were above average. Room was quiet and very comfortable. Restaurant and bar were very satisfactory in terms of selection, but like all such were a bit on the overpriced side. However, hotel offers great access to highways, etc. Nearby shopping and restaurants.

Just OK

by TripAdvisor Member ILnative

I stayed here for a business trip in early February 2007. The hotel is worn and parts of it were not very clean. There was a piece of used dental floss in the middle of the hallway going towards my room for my entire 2 night stay. The pool area was usually dirty in the morning, apparently they don't have a night cleaning crew. We had lunch in the restaurant and the food was mediocre at best and the service slow and inattentice. We had a meeting in one of the rooms and it took quite a while for the staff to respond to requests (fairly simple ones). Also, the tablecloths in our meeting room were exceedingly wrinkled - everything I encountered was just OK - there are certainly better options in the area and for a better price.

Comments