Ramada Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Ramada Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport

Stay Away from this place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member alinai

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. We needed a hotel for just one night by FLL airport before our trip to DR the next morning and I decided on this place because the previous reviews weren't too horrible comparing to other hotels in the area in this pricerange. The room smelled like urine, the furniture was falling apart. Continental breakfast was unedible (none of the things even looked appetizing). We couldn't wait to get out of there!

Great stopping off point

Stayed at this hotel after an 8 day vacation. Room was clean and roomy and overlooked a clean gated pool. This hotel is not within walking distance of the beach; we stayed here to be near our flight out. Room has a microwave, fridge, and a coffeemaker. Appliances and furniture are in good shape. Their restaurant serves above average restaurant food. We had prime rib and coconut chicken. Both were delicious. The best part was our waiter, Ozzie, a wonderful gentleman who took excellent care of us. He even packed us a breakfast to go as our plane departed before their included hot breakfast was ready. Airport transportation leaves on the hour, they recommend you be there 15 minutes early, as they leave promptly! We would return here again.

It was OK

by TripAdvisor Member kjd1978

It was ok, clean and safe. We had been forewarned about the area. Nothing within walking distance for minimart or store so some of our group took a taxi to the local grocery store for beer and soda. We checked in late on Friday evening, our paperwork was all ready, but at 10:00 no food was available through the restaurant and delivery was 1 hour. The breakfast buffet was ok, nothing special, but certainly edible. The staff in that area was way overstretched. The shower in our room had an awesome new shower head. The pool area was fine and was busy with children from 7:00 am on. The paper delivery on the second floor was quite a wakeup call, you could hear them thudding against doors all the way up the floor. The lobby area was very crowded during late mornings as the place was fully booked both nights and checkins/checkouts kept things full up. I wouldn't stay there again, but it served the purpose for this trip.

VERY Noisy and Crowded!

by TripAdvisor Member Texacali

My partner and I stayed at this hotel the night before we left on a cruse from Port Everglades. I chose the hotel because of the free shuttle to the ship in the morning.
The shuttle from the Airport to the hotel was fine, but the wait time at the bus stop took a little too long.
Checking in also took a little while because of the huge group of people trying to check in all at once. There's not much they can do about that though.
Catching the shuttle to the ship the next morning was a nightmare. We had signed up to take the 12 o'clock shuttle and, although they tried to organize it, it took forever to get anything done. There was also no room to wait. The small lobby was packed with people and luggage, as was the outside of the hotel. Our 12 o'clock shuttle didn't actually leave until 12:45, so we had to wait around for an hour and 15 minutes with nowhere to sit other than on our luggage. They also don't have an express checkout, so I had to again wait in line with all of the other cruise passengers (both coming and going) and that took a long time.
However, the BIGGEST problem with this hotel is that there is a nightclub owned by a third party connected to the property. We were in the middle section of the hotel, not right by the nightclub, and the music and bass coming from the club was REALLY loud. The walls are VERY thin (as we also heard the people next door doing. . . stuff). I'm a light sleeper and I couldn't go to sleep at all. I was exhausted from a full day of flying from L.A. and went to bed at around 10pm. By midnight, still being unable to sleep, I called down to the main office to report the noise. They told me about the nightclub and said that it would quiet down in an hour or so. I took them at their word and tried to sleep. An hour later the bass was still thumping as loud as ever so I called down to the office again. The employee informed me that the nightclub was owned by a third party and that there was nothing he could do about it, but that the club closes at 2, so the noise would stop by then. At 3AM, the music finally stopped. A full TWO HOURS after they initially said it would stop.

My recommendation is that you stay somewhere else in Fort Lauderdale if you want to actually sleep. I go to a hotel to get a good night's rest. If I want to dance, I'll go to a dance club. I should not be trying to sleep in one.

Close to the terminals...that's about it!

by TripAdvisor Member jtelfer

We (two adults, two chidren) stayed at the Port Everglades Ramada for one night prior to embarking on a cruise. We booked the Ramada because it offered a free shuttle to/from the airport/cruiseport, and was inexpensive as far as hotels in the area are concerned. Unfortunately, what we didn't remember was that Hurricanes Katrina, Wilma and Rita hurled their fury at Ft. Lauderdale during the past summer....there is still such evidence of the devastation. We had a room on the corner, upstairs. It smelled terrible - very musty and mildewy....it was obvious that it suffered a lot of water damage (and the sheet metal entwined in the large tree outside the window was another clue!). The door didn't shut properly so that was an issue for us, but it did shut and lock and was safe enough. The bathroom was immaculate (and that's something that is very important to us!). The towels and sheets were clean, the room was adequate. The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast buffet which simple, yet was more than ample. The pool was clean and clear. For less than $100 in the Ft. Lauderdale area, this hotel was fine for one night.

Good hotel for pre and post cruise

by TripAdvisor Member sept15girl

We used this hotel in March for a pre and post cruise stay. It served the purpose for this as our rooms were clean and the breakfast was for the most part, edible. However, the front desk staff were not too helpful, we were told that there was nothing for miles around, then when we walked for about 2 minutes, we arrived at the Rendezvous Bar and Grill, a wonderful restaurant and bar that had an outdoor patio and delicious food. Make sure you go there if you stay at this hotel. It will be worth your VERY short walk.

Good value. Perfect precruise lodging.

Stayed at this hotel tne evening before our scheduled cruise. The complimentary shuttle to the airport was very easy to obtain (merely called on the courtesy phone in the baggage claim area). It arrived within about 15 minutes of our arrival.

Check in was a little slow, because the hotel was completely booked. The staff was harried, but courteous.

The room was clean, and well maintained. The bathroom was very nice.

Had dinner in the bar area. Sandwiches were good, and not over priced. The bartender was especially nice/friendly.

The buffet breakfast the next morning was more than adequate. Again the staff seem harried, but courteous and friendly.

The ride to the cruiseport was organized and efficient.

I plan on staying at this hotel again next year.

Great Hotel!

My family and I stayed here before our cruise in March. The complimentary shuttle was very easy to use and the waits for the shuttle at the airport was no longer then the hotel said it would be when I called them from the service phone by baggage claim. The Hotel it's self wasn't in the ebst location there is ntohing around except for a couple of gated communities and a bar/resturant located just down the road. The Hotel had a great tiki bar and breakfast in the morning. The staff was a great help and would do anything for you that they could. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking a regular, inexpensive hotel to stay in. One thing that wasn't the greatest was how busy they were, don't bother trying to get near the pool when everyone is just checking in. Oh, another thing my family checked in at 10am when check-in was supposed to be 3pm i think, this was also not a problem with Max, who was happy to give us our room.

Disgusting Go elsewhere/Shuttle late

by TripAdvisor Member crazytt8

I just realize you can post photos on this, had I known that I would have posted the blood stain/dead bug on the side of our mattress. We never figured out which it was. But that along with stains on both sets of sheets and all 4 pillows disgusted me. I don't need to stay at the Ritz, but I need a clean place to stay. The shower and bathroom weren't bad, but after the filth on the bed and sheets we still stood on a towell so our feet didn't touch. No microwave or fridge in our room. My boyfriend though mabe our room was worse becuase we used a coupon? It was all the way in the back? We walked by some vacant poolside rooms that looked a bit nicer maybe? I slept in a long sleeve shirt and long pants and didn't even want to deal with the stain, as I had a feelign I'd run into something in every room.

So I managed a few hours of shut eye. Then headed out to pick up the 5 o'clock shuttle. Which I confirmed 2 times that it would LEAVE AT 5. When it had not pulled up yet and no driver was in sight I went inside and the very 'not nice' lady at the front desk called the gentlemen. If a shuttle is going to leave at 5 it should not pull up at 5:05 and plan on loading over 20 people including older folks and chldren and expect to be on time. At about 5:15 when the driver realized he needed a larger shuttle bus I called a taxi for back up. We were really cutting it close, when we finally got there. For the 5:00 shuttle to be on the safe side give yourself 45 minutes to actually get to the airport (which is 5 minutes away?)

The only good thing was the Rendezvous down the rd. It's a 1 min walk, it's on the water, affordable, nice atmosphere and 2.50 happy hour drinks from 4-7! Looking back I would gladly pay an extra 50 bucks to not feel like I have to take a shower after leaving the place. They also have free internet, I didn't feel right laying on the bed w/ my computer though, The desk chair was the cleanest and safest place.

A good deal

by TripAdvisor Member DivemistressofthDark

I really liked this little place. There's a well-landscaped pool area inside the courtyard where I would happily have wiled away the hours, were I staying longer.

It's true it's not in a part of town where there's much to do, but at least the room service was prompt. The food was nothing to write home about, but wasn't terrible.

The room was clean and had been recently remodeled, it appeared. We had a fridge and microwave.

We found the staff helpful and friendly, despite being slammed checking everyone in.

It's right off the interstate and VERY easy to get to.

It's not the Ritz, but I thought it was a great value for the price.

Open wide......Open wide......

Looking down on Port EvergladesLooking down on Port Everglades

Sign greeting you to the terminalSign greeting you to the terminal

Blueberry Crumble with Ice CreamBlueberry Crumble with Ice Cream

Miami South Beach to... Sawgrass Mills!

by Mets100

Does anyone know the best / easiest way to get to Sawgrass Mills from South Beach? I'm coming for a holiday and have no idea to get there, is it very very far??? We won't have a hire car either....

Re: Miami South Beach to... Sawgrass Mills!

by SunTanBob

That would be a good hour plus by car depending on traffic, not sure what it would be using public transportation. Go west on 395, north on I-95, west on I-595 just south of Fort Lauderdale, then Flamingo Road exit north. Cross Broward Blvd. and it's there on your left.

Comments