2460 State Rd. 84, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33312, United States

Costs 43% less but rated 17% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about Red Carpet Inn

A Nightmare!

by TripAdvisor Member greenrosedave

Being handicapped and using a cane I had requested a close by room with little walking. Given the furthest room away from rfeception! Had requested that my phone ($10.00 deposit) be hooked up. After a long a trip I only wanted to get my my room, call my wife to let her know that I arrived and get some rest. After a long and arduous walk up three flights of stairs. I found less than clean room and the phone was not connected. Five long trips to the dest resulted in being told to go back to my room and the phone would be working. Eventually they realized that there "was a problem" and I should see the manager in the morning. The manager had an attitude toward the long line of unhappy "guests" of we are a transient hotel and don't expect to see you again. As a seasoned traveller I have never seen this musch rudeness towards guests

Nightmare!

A friend and I stayed in this place. My friend who has C P and in a wheelchair did ask for something so we could get our bags to our room. We were told nothing was available so I made 3 trips to the room to get my friend and the bags to the room. I did ask that when a luggage dolly was available could someone call me so I didnt have to repeat this at checkout. I was told by the next 3 shifts that they couldnt help me. I also noticed in the lobby that there were 2 large signs that offered assistance to those with disabilities. When I spoke with the manager he said he had 2 dollies for 300 rooms and that the only assistance they offer is checkin help. Yes I lost my temper. I was forced to leave my bags in the lobby while I made the several trips back to the room. This place is terrible for even one night stay. Food is horrible, diningroon dirty, noisy drunks all night, and the free shuttle service they offer is okay if you want to wait about 1 1/2 hours at the airport for them. We took a cab away from that place. This place is run by a manager that just doesnt care.

horrible and disgusting -- bugs, drugs, and pubic hair

The first night there, we were awakened by biting bugs in the bed at 6am. There were tons of them, and the mattress was infested -- they were between the sheets. They moved us to another room that was infested with cockroaches. They were everywhere, but mostly in the dresser drawers, crawling all over our clothes, scampering across the TV, etc. There was another type of bug in the bathroom, and the bathroom was covered with pubic hair. There were some creepy men lurking in front of my door smoking pot, and the door had no dead bolt -- the curtains didn't even shut the whole way. For the same price, go to the Ramada across the street. Only one of the four lamps worked, and only one electrical outlet worked. We begged for a lightbulb since our maintence requests were ignored, but they wouldn't even do that. There was a mini-fridge, but it didn't work and nobody cared. You're better off camping, there would be less bugs. We have horrible, oozing bug bites and rashes from the stay there. There are so many things wrong with this hotel -- to complain about the sharp, jagged broken tiles in the bathroom wouldn't even be worth it. Everything is broken, and nobody cares. It's disgusting; bugs and drugs and pubes everywhere. Under the bed was what appeared to be a hooker's ear-ring. Do NOT stay here!

What a nightmare

"What a nightmare!"

I booked this hotel through Orbitz. It was rated as 2 star hotel. When I checked in, I could not believe my eyes. The room smelt very bad. The paint from the ceiling was falling off. The towels looked yellow and might have been used 10 thousand times. The sheet had many different size of stains. The staff were basically a group of teens who knew nothing about the city. I was waken up at 2 am by loud arguing voices. I will never, never stay in this hotel again. I should have reviewed this site before I booked the hotel.

House of Horrors!!!

by TripAdvisor Member preciosa919

We stayed at this motel for one night in April '06 before enbarking on a cruise. We thought it would be ok because it was cheap, and was close the the airport and Port Everglades. However, one night was way too much. First off, the room was beyond flithy and decrepit: the carpet was so dirty I didn't dare touch my bare feet to it, the sink was filled with someone's shaving scum and hair, our bed sheets were covered in weird stains and had random hairs all over it, the bathrub was stained and moldy, the bathroom door was warped and split open (!!!) and therefore could not be closed, there was a dead bug smushed on the wall, the curtains wouldn't close completely, and the tv didn't work (a minor complaint compared to the rest). After much searching, I finally found they gave us one stiff old towel, and it was draped on a pipe under the sink. We had to go to the front desk to get another towel. We ended up draping the towels over the bed and pillows, because the bed itself was too dirty to sleep on. We might as well have camped outside. And to top it off, the staff were made up of teenagers who were rude and were completely unknowledgable about their own area! Avoid this place at all costs. I'd rather pay triple the cost or more if it means staying at another place that is safe and clean.

1920's era building1920's era building

Liz enjoying her MargaritaLiz enjoying her Margarita

Grandson at dinnerGrandson at dinner

Comfy BedComfy Bed

hospitalty room

by barb246

Is there a hospitality room for travelers who are arriving for a cruise early in the am and cannot board til 1 pm? Likewise leaving late in the day on the return.

Re: hospitalty room

by xymmot

Usually not, but do ask the cruise desk that you book it with. I arrived early and just took my leisure time to leave the airport knowing we can check in at 1. Go to a coffee shop or large mall and have a late breakfast or early lunch and take your time. Read the paper and do your e-mail, go to a beauty salon and have your nails done or a hair cut and before you know it, it is one o'clock

Re: hospitalty room

by DSwede

Several of the hotels in the area cater to the cruise passengers. Many of them offer deals like $20 for access to their facilities, pool, showers, etc. as a day pass.

Comments