620 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33301, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 57% more than other 3 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

historic hotel

the riverside hotel is located on las olas blvd. in the heart of the las olas shopping and entertainment area. the old hotel is located on las olas blvd. with a high rise addition one block south of las olas. this hotel is one of the nicest hotels in downtown fort lauderdale. the riverside hotel offers all the amenities that you would expect from a better resort hotel. as with most south florida hotels prices are much higher in the winter tourist season. on my recent visit to fort lauderdale a single room was $ 158.00 per night.

Directions: las olas blvd, downtown.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

The Riverside Hotel

The Riverside (photo courtesy of the hotel's website) is one of the most charming hotels you will find in an area that tries so hard to be trendy. It has been remodeled, but its exterior resembles that of the 1930's when it was built. It is a popular place for business travelers and for tourists as it is located on the west side of Las Olas, within walking distance to the office buildings of downtown and the restaurants and shops of Las Olas.

I've never stayed here, but many friends have. The rooms are modern, fairly luxurious and on the pricey side, especially during the season. The golden lyon bar is a great place to have a drink and great for people watching since it is right on Las Olas. Indigo restaurant, the more casual of the two, is a good place to have lunch as well.

Parking at this hotel is complicated. The valet stand is located behind the hotel, which is the actual entrance to the hotel, on S.E. 4th Street, although pedestrian traffic enters from Las Olas . There is also self parking available.

Directions: East on Broward Blvd to S.E. 8th Avenue. Make a right and go one block past Las Olas to S.E. 4th. Make a left and you will see the valet on your left under the canopy.

• shohman's Profile Photo

Riverside

ok, I've never stayed here, but several friends have and they rave about it. Located on trendy Los Olas Blvd, the hotel is just a mile to the beach and just steps to the shops and restaurants of Downtown Orlando. It has a very nice patio restaurant. Also, it is on the bus line so if you don't have a car getting to the beach will be easy.

Unique Quality: heated pool, patio dining parking

Directions: Los Olas

• kikita's Profile Photo

Looking for charm?

The Riverside is a wonderful place to stay. It is a charming property with beautiful interior gardens, an excellent restaurant that serves Thai-inspired food, and elegant and posh atmosphere. It is a superb place to host an event, if you come to Ft. Lauderdale on business. As an extra boon, the restaurant used to offer high tea for guests that wished to schedule it...I'm not sure if they still do this, but if so, don't miss the opportunity to experience this Old World treat!

Unique Quality: The location is perfect! Minutes away from A1A and Fort Lauderdale Beach, very near to Ft. Lauderdale Airport, and close to Broward Blvd (a major thoroughfare). The Riverside Hotel is located right on Las Olas Blvd.

More about Riverside Hotel

Mystified by bad reviews

I have stayed at the Riverside off and on for 10 years and have never had a bad experience. I am mystified by those who claim the hotel is anything but stellar. The old part of the hotel is the only place I will stay because I enjoy the old Florida charm of the rooms. They are big, comfortable and quiet. The staff is always helpful and the location is tremendous. The pool is delightful. The place is a little pricey for my taste, but nowadays everything is.

Great Spot on Las Olas

by TripAdvisor Member suzyjacuzzi

My husband and I were just stranded in Fort Lauderdale due to the recent snow storm in Boston. Since we were able to secure a flight out of Lauderdale instead of Palm beach we drove down to the area around 9:00pm on Feb 28th without a reservation. Luckily for us, we stumbled across the beautiful Riverside and inquired about a room. The front desk was extremely helpful and accommodating. We were able to get a room for 2 nights for $145/night. The queen room was in the older section (which they described) and we found it to be perfect for what we needed. The front desk clerk made it very clear that there is a "new" section and an "old" section to the hotel. The newer rooms were pricier and larger. The hotel bar (Golden Lion) is perfect for sipping a martini either inside or out on the sidewalk. The restaurant was crowded both nights and the food looked really good! The pool area is perfect - right on the intercoastal with food and drink service via a house phone. The pool was very warm and clean - beach towels are available along with a men's and women's bath/shower area. The location of the hotel is perfect for checking out the Las Olas and Riverwalk area - there are tons of bars and restaurants in the area. Check out O'Haras pub for nightly jazz. The cheesecake factory is right next door to the hotel in case you don't want to be adventerous.

You can park your car at the parking garage right across the street from the hotel for $10 or valet for $12. The hotel seems to cater to an older crowd, however, we are in our late 30's and found the atmosphere to be perfect. The last place we wanted to stay was a hotel welcoming spring breakers! This is a great hotel for 2/3 nights.

Beautiful hotel, had a wonderful time!

by TripAdvisor Member ab1881

My husband and I just spent a week at the Riverside in Las Olas. I'm so glad that we stayed here, a couple of the reviews had me worried but there was no reason to. The staff was wonderful, especially Maria at the front desk, she always had a smile and was very helpful. Our room was in the new tower and it had everything you could need. The bathroom was all marble and tile and huge. The room had a small fridge and a servie bar, we also had a balcony. The bed was comfortable which is unusuall for us since we are used to an air bed. The location is great with lots going on in downtown Las Olas. The pool is very nice although it is a short walk across the street (about a block). It was very warm and well kept up. My only complaint and it's a small one is that there is a large yacht tied up to the dock that blocks the view of the river almost completely. I had read this from a previous reviewer and thought big deal, but it did get annoying after a day or so. My husband and I are big boaters and we really enjoy watching the boat traffic on the river so we would have to carry some chairs down to the dock so we could see around the yacht. The hotel restaraunt is very good although expensive. There are many restaraunts within walking distance to choose from though. Our personal favorite was the Cheesecake Factory since we don't have one here at home in Michigan. We really enjoyed our stay as did others I spoke with at the pool and I would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

Great place to get away from the college crowd

by TripAdvisor Member profjohn

College professors go on spring break too, and we don't want to be surrounded by students. The Riverside is probably too pricey for them, because my wife and I didn't see many. The hotel caters to businesspeople as well as vacationers. We had a nice room in the old section. I was worried about the bed after reading some of the reviews, but it was fine. The hotel is right in the middle of Las Olas shops and restaurants. Their pier was closed for repairs, so we had to walk a few blocks to board the Water Bus. The pool was heated much too high a temperature, but we lived with that. It's a sophisticated hotel with good service. You can self-park for $10 a day in their own garage just across the street. We'll be back there again.

Had a great experience

I stayed in the new tower of the hotel. I was impressed. I didn't expect it to be as nice as it was. The people were friendly and room was clean. The price was reasonable too. The Hotel also has a pool. We visited the pool which was nice, the pool was just the way I liked it, it was like bathwater, though some people complained that it was refreshing after baking in the hot sun. All the Lounge chairs where taken by the afternoon so get there before then. I had a very good experience and would definately go back again.

Down by The Riverside

by TripAdvisor Member SATraveller

Ideal position for Las Olas Boulevard and intracoastal water bus. Indigo restaurant does a good breakfast - by the sidewalk if you want. Bellhop service was overstretched when we were there. You must book the new Tower block.
alan