619 Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 57% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• Anyone other than college kids beware - it's bad!

You get what you pay for, and with this place, beware. We checked in and our initial room was so filthy, I was in a state of disbelief. Not because the room had not been “cleaned” but because this room was literally not cleanable. It was as if many decades of spring-break loving college kids had used and abused this room with virtually no maintenance in between. After getting relocated to another room, I realized that the whole hotel is this way. Actually, it was kind of scary. Definitely not recommended for girls groups or single women – they’d be petrified. Broken shelves, filthy, sticky carpets (like a decades old movie theater – yuck), and virtually everything was jerry-rigged maintenance-wise (busted doors, busted floor tiles and handrails, busted furniture, skanky, moldy showers and baths and worse). A/C that barely worked and a everything had a perpetual musty, humid, unpleasant smell. Stay away if you care about cleanliness or attention to detail.

This having been said, the front desk staff were nice and the view from the outdoor bar is nice also. But keep in mind, the price is low for a reason. You’ve been warned …

Unique Quality: Uniquely frightening and filthy.

Directions: across A1A from the beach

• YUCK

Took my bf here for his birthday WHAT A DISASTER!!! Should have looked at reviews first!! the first room we went into was missing all floor boards the room was painted 6 diff shades of yellow, as if they ran out of one color... the sealing was COVERED in dust, the "maids" had left a filthy rag and two cups on the night stand, the whole hotel smells extremely old and musty, the bedding was old and STAINED along with the carpet, we went back to the front desk and complained, would not give us any money back but suggested a different room which we decided to take rather then losing out on our 100.00, went to 2nd room which actually had one color of paint and floor boards but floors and bedding was still stained and bathroom paint in bathtub was peeling, the closet had brown stuff splattered all over it, the mini fridge was nasty and all iced over, the chair was stained all 5 channels on tv were fuzzy and not worth calling cable i opened one of the soaps and it had brown mold looking stuff on it, the towels didnt smell freshly cleaned, the floor in the bathroom had dirt on it, toilet was leaking, neither my bf or i wanted to take a shower in the nasty bathroom or take our shoes/ socks off, we slept ontop of the comforter with the pillows still under it. the "continental" breakfast consisted of coffee OR orange juice OR a bagel OR toast... this place was absolutely disgusting and the only reason they are still in business is because of suckers like us! the only plus was that it was across the street from the beach other then that this place is FILTHY and DISGUSTING and should be shut down. Anyone that rated this place good either works there or owns the place, is a friend, relative etc.. Dont waste your money here!! Also... the fire alarm went off about 4 times from around 9 to 11 which was EXTREMELY loud and annoying

• HORRIBLE!!!

Sea Club resort was disgusting! The entrance was fine, and it was on the beach which is why we chose the hotel. First, our room was not ready and it was past checkin time. Then, we had to travel to the other side of the hotel (which was up one elevator, a walk outside, and then up another elevator, to get to our room). No staff to help with luggage. When we entered our room the bed, windows, floor, walls and lamps were FILTHY! And there was urine in the toilet. The A/C barely worked and the smell was unbareable! It was so bad that we took pictures and checked out that afternoon. It reminded me of the Bates Motel, and it looked like a place that should charge by the hour.

Unique Quality: NASTY!

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Excellent off-season rates

Not the most elaborate beach-side resort, but excellent off-season rates and a great location. Friendly front-desk staff, too. It's a bit of a "period piece" - my room still had some older furniture in it - but I'm glad that there are still non-chain individual hotels on the seaside in Ft. Lauderdale. Oh, and free wi-fi! Yay.

• Review by a OneTime.com User from Bournemouth England

This place is gross. Rooms have lots of mould and smells to match. air-con was worn out and did not keep the room cool. Breakfast did exist but was met by a very surly waitress who made it clear that you could have one bagel or one Danish and not both.
    This place is disgusting assuming that you find multiple cockroaches, hair all over the bathroom, wet carpets and a pool that displays most of Florida's insect world in dead form floating in the pool.

For those that are unsure,

DON'T TAKE ANY NOTICE OF THE WEBSITE. THEY LIE AND YOU WILL PAY!!!

THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE FLATTENED.
    REST IN PEACE BUT NOT AT THE SEA CLUB RESORT !!!!!!!!!!!!
    last visit on October, 2004.

More about Sea Club Resort

RAMADA SEA CLUB RESORT IS MUNT

for 49.00$ a night i think it is MUNT the room was satisfactory room service was there every day and
the front desk was quick and helpful there was a nice bar at the restaurant with munt bartenders
Deniza and isabelle

We had a great time at SeaClub Resort

We Stayed at the Sea Club Resort in Fort Lauderdale Oct 4-7th and we just loved it.
Even though this is an older hotel it was very clean and staff was very friendly. Right across the street from the Atlantic Ocean too.. The pool was kept really clean and orderly. Would Stay there again in a heart beat. I was kind of leary with the reviews I read but only thing I can think of is if you are looking for a High class place then spend the mega bucks and stay at Hilton or Hyatt. HOw much are you in the room anyways and why not take advantage of a good deal for a reasonably price hotel right on the beach. We only paid $42 per nite.

Cockroach Motel

My son and I recently went to Ft. Lauderdale and stayed at the Sea Club Resort. What a mistake! We made the reservations through Expedia. The pics of this hotel are very deceiving! We upgraded to the suite....what a joke! It was a little fridge and sink and a little coffee pot. The room was dark and dingy. So dark by the kitchen area I was afraid to go there after killing a 2 inch cockroach on my 1st day there.
The door had a gap on the bottom and was afraid to leave any valuables in the room even though there was a safe(on the floor). The view was not Oceanfront or Intracoastal..there is not 1 room that is.On our last night there, we had no towels and it took forever and 3 tries to get them! And we must have smashed at least 6 cockroaches. My son wanted to spend his last night there in the car and I thought about it too. The food in the restaurant is terrible. My scrambled eggs tasted like fish. There is no pop or snack machines. The ice machine is ancient. Don't stay here it is not worth it! I've stayed in a lot of motels and this is the worse!

Nasty

Made reservations at the Sea Club Resort on July 29, 2004 for late night check in. Arrive at 10:00 pm only to be hit with a mildew smell at the door. Upon entering the room we noticed dirty carpet, a bed spread which had a big whole, black mold on the head boards, the walls and curtains were dirty and there was yellow water in the tub. All I can say is the room was nasty. Called the front desk to tell him about the room and ask for another room, he said he knew but that was the only room left and that I could not get a refund because the manager was not in and I would have to call or come back the next day. I went back the next day only to find out the manager was not willing to refund my money because I sat on his nasty bed, unloaded and reloaded the car with our luggage and called around on my cell phone looking for another hotel which took all of 1/2 hour and because of my 1/2 hr stay in his nasty room he charged me for the whole night. By the way I stayed at a motel 6 for that night and it was a very decent room. In the future I will definitely ask to see the room before I pay.

Run!!! Don't walk away from this place.

I regret ever having booked a room at this hotel. We were in Ft. Lauderdale for the National Taekwondo Tournament and we booked here because everyone else in our group was staying here. We got in very late and were supposed to have a guaranteed suite. Apparently they often overbook rooms as our suite was taken and would not be available for 3 days. That didn't really matter though, once I got to the room. It had a horrible, rancid odor, the carpet was filthy, I didn't even want to walk on it. The bed sheets and comforter were old, holey and dirty. There were bugs in the room and the coffee pot was broken, but was so dirty I wouln't have used it even if it had been clean. We stayed there that night but the first thing the next morning we found another room and the Sea Club Resort (no longer Ramada) became a nightmare of the past.
My sister stayed in the room next to me and she had to have her air conditioner fixed two times in 12 hours and had to have them work on the door to her room because it would not close completely. Some friends stayed on the side of the building next to the small, greenish pool and they had noise until early in the morning from the bar and then noise very early in the morning from the pool. Horrible place. I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE.

Comments