Sea Gate Resort Motel

2909 Vista Mar Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States
Tranquilo
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Fort Lauderdale

the parrot loingethe parrot loinge

Liz enjoying her MargaritaLiz enjoying her Margarita

Stopped at portStopped at port

Awesome Sunset....Awesome Sunset....

Dress Code

by KristaB

While browsing through Ft. Lauderdale nightlife websites I stumbled upon a warning which says that people dressed like gang members, sport club fans and similar will be refused entrance.
Would that apply to a person wearing something like Iron Maiden T-shirt?

Is there an age limit - I want to do some clubbing with my 15 and 17 yrs old daughters - any places you'd recommend? They love 80's disco, house, rock.

Thank you!

by shohman

There are certainly some clubs that have dress codes, but many in Fort Lauderdale are super casual, especially The Elbo Room on the beach. Pretty much anything goes there and it's not unusual for people to wear their swimsuits.
You will have an issue with your daughters though. Drinking age is 21 and There are very few, if any clubs that will allow someone that age at night

Hi Shohman, thank you!
Might there be a problem even if they are accompanied by parents and we go there early in the evening, maybe from 8 PM till midnight?
Where do young people go for some fun and dancing?

by shohman

I can't be 100% sure, but it would be unlikely that they would allow this. It's too difficult for bartenders to keep track of who is drinking and who is not and they are scared to death of losing their liquor lic.
There may be some clubs exclusively for the under 21 crowd, but none that I know of.
Let me e mail a friend there and I'll get back to you.

by KristaB

Under 21 clubs would make me feel odd, don't bother - we'll do other things in Ft. Lauderdale, thank you anyway!

by heywinks

Not sure if this will apply, but I live in MA and they will not let anyone under 21 in, even if you are with a parent/guardian. We do have some 18+ clubs but that's as low as they go. For those club nights, you get a wristband if you are over 21.

I would say go to some place like Lucky Strikes, if they have that in Ft. Lauderdale. It's a hip bowling alley for the older crowd. I think your daughters might be able to get in...though I can't guarantee. Good luck!

Travel Tips for Fort Lauderdale

Guest Relations(Navigator of the Seas)

by cjg1

The Guest Relation area is located on Deck 5 of the Navigator of the Seas across from the Champagne Bar. Guest Relations is where you can chek on your seapass account, get help with any issues, pick up the daily Cruise Compass, Maps of the ship and information about shore excusions and ports. For the most part the staff are fiendly and helpful. we only had one bad experience so far with a less than helpful staff member but swe have already written Royal Caribbean about that issue.

If you have every wanted to...

by allenkite

If you have every wanted to see South Beach in Miami, here is your chance . . . Miami is only 30 minutes or so from Lauderdale . . . South Beach is not for everyone, so this would be a great chance to try it out

A Guide to Getting Around

by BruceDunning

The travel through here can be relatively easy. If taking I-95, go with the flow. That can get backed up at times, especially to airport and the Port Everglades into the cruise ship area. A taxi driver said that direction can take 1+ hours form the airport in the wrong time of day.

Great Casual al Fresco

by SpaceCoastMomma about Quarterdeck

Traveling with an infant, we are always in search of baby-friendly, casual restaurants...and this little place was a great find! We dined outside, on the "deck" while the weather was perfect...and, being outside was a great diversion for our little one as he loves to look around. The food was great ~ we had some of the very freshest peel & eat shrimp ~ it was incredible. I had the Pork Chops special and it was good & tasty, if not just a tad overcooked for my preference. My husband had a steak that was good and filling. The waitstaff is very friendly. Atmosphere, casual. Very family-friendly. 1/2 block from the beach. Peel & eat shrimp...so fresh & tasty!!!

Fishing in Fort Lauderdale

by Outdoorsman

We took a fishing trip and had a great time. My daughter did most of the fishing and my wife caught some sun. I took pictures and totally relaxed. If you want to give it a try take a look at www.actionsportfishing.com. Great service and very knowledgable!

Comments