Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Huge Rooms, Convenient Location

We stayed here as a stopover on our way to leave for a cruise in Miami. Its close to a lot of good shopping in the area and has pretty decent food for a hotel restaurant. One interesting thing to note was that there was a leak in the roof of the restaurant that created an unintended waterfall effect...

Unique Quality: The room was very large (they're all suites) and the work out facility was excellent.

More about Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek

Hats Off To Sheraton Cypress Creek!

by TripAdvisor Member DisneyHeart

Hats off to the Sheraton Cypress Creek. It is very well located, has several good restaurants within walking distance, and it's close to the freeway to go to Miami. We also found the general area cleaner than downtown. Some reviews mention the trains, but it's like their local subway system and not constant ending by 11PM. The lobby and atrium are even nicer than the pictures they show on-line. We had a room that over-looked the atrium and it was lovely. The room was spacious, well maintained, clean, and the bed and linen were so comfy and cozy I wanted to take them home. The best hotel bed I've ever sleep in! They also had a small fridge and microwave in the room and a washer and dyer on our floor. The staff at the hotel deserves special mention as they were all just wonderful, especially at the front desk. There were warnings that Hurricane Wilma was headed that way and we decided to leave early. No problem and no penalty for nights cancelled. They were pleased to be of help and as I understand they have a fair 24 hr. cancellation policy. If our travels take us to Fort Lauderdale again, we will without question stay there again. Don't forget to ask for a room facing the atrium and enjoy your stay.

Great Deal!

by TripAdvisor Member ellenh

I just got back from spending 6 nights at the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek. I took advantage of their Web site special offer of buy 4 nights and get 2 free. it adveraged out to 69.30 a night! A bargain. the two room suite was great. I took my elderly mother and the two queen beds were very comfortable. I liked that there were lots of pillows. Other reveiws had warned about the trains and there were lots but they werent that loud and I slept good every night. The location was fine, just a few miles from anywhere I wanted to go. All in all it was a very nice experance.

Will Return for Sure - Underrated!!

I planned to stay at the Sheraton Suites Cypress Creek for one night July 3-4, 2005. However, this changed. I liked the hotel so much when I arrived that I actually added a night. I would agree that this hotel is underrated as it is extremely luxurious. To me, it feels like a five star hotel, not a three star. The hotel is bright pink and is very luxurious. You enter under a porte-co-chere leading to an elegant lobby with posh furniture and a bubbling fountain. After passing through the main lobby, you enter into a grogeous eight story atrium. It has a glass ceiling which is great because you can see the Florida sun, but not feel it! The atrium has a waterfall spilling into a koi pond with not only fish but also turtles! The atrium has plenty of seating and can see the hotel's four glass elevators. The atrium also has tropical gardens with palm trees and lush, tropical plants. The elevators were so cool, you could ride them up and could get a great view of the beautiful atrium. Next, the rooms- we had two. Both of which were furnished beautifully and were not run down or outdated at all. The room is a two-room suite. One room has a pull out sofa, a kitchenette, and a tv. The other contains the sweet sleepers, the door to the balcony, and the plentiful drawer space. The marble bathroom was very posh and had a great showerhead. But, the best was the Sweet Sleeper Beds- they were awesome! Overall, we loved the spacious two room suites and thought they were decorated very tastefully. The pool was okay- it was sort of small, but we dealt with it. Everything was excellent except for a few things: one was that the elevator got stuck with 8 people in it- they got out safely, one room's air conditioning wasn't working well, and the last- the train tracks. Be sure to request a room far from them as the train is very noisy. However, just get a good room far from the tracks and with good air condiotioning and you'll have a great stay. The best part of this hotel was value- we paid $89 a night during the fourth of July. This hotel is by far one of the best in ft lauderdale and miami for value. I will return for sure and would reccomend this hotel not only to the buisness traveler, but as well to the leisure ones. This hotel is for sure UNDERRATED!

Luxurious!!!

by TripAdvisor Member MDS-RAC

We stayed at the Sheraton for Memorial Weekend and had a great time!! The lobby and atrium were gorgeous and my 2-year-old loved the koi pond. We opted mostly for room service, and let me tell you, it can get pricey, but the portions were so HUGE you could get 2 meals out of it! (The nachos were awesome!!) The 2-room suite was very comfortable, but let me tell you about the Sweet Sleep bed. We had the best sleep that we could remember!! It was like sleeping on a cloud!! So we slept in the whole time we were there. My only regret is that I couldn't take the bed home with me!!! We will definitely visit the Sheraton Cypress Creek again!!!

Beautiful Hotel But Isolated

Our five night stay at the Sheraton Suites was very nice and we enjoyed the
kitchenette and two tv's, the atrium and the pool and hot tub--
however, this location is a very long drive to the beach and the
"action" strip--- we felt the cost of the restaurant food was high so we
spent much time looking for reasonable food-- wish it was closer to the
ocean, is in a business park.We had 99 a nite, so was really great for
a good value.

Underrated!

by TripAdvisor Member tomcat33333

Fine, friendly service. A really nice atrium, complete with fountains and pools for koi and turtles. Clean, comfortable rooms. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub, open until 11:30.

Yes, it's near a railroad line. Yes, it's away from the beach action. But this place is really nice. If you really need to be by the ocean, of course you won;t stay here. But if you need to be west of the city or near the highways, you'll enjoy this place.

Great value for Ft. lauderdale/Boca Raton

The purpose of our visit was to visit the grandparents in boca raton. We wanted to be close enought to them and also find a hotel that would allow pets. We had originally made our reservation for our second night at another hotel that was twice the price, but when we walked into this hotel we were so pleasantly surprised we changed our reservation and stayed for 2 nights here. By the way - pets are free! We had 2 rooms with lots of space. The bedroom had the heavenly beds and pillows that were so comfortabe and a clean bathroom. We had a door separating the 2 rooms. In the living room we had a pull out sofa and chair, a table with 4 chairs, a bar, microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator and tv. The bedroom had a tv also. By the way- when we arrived there was a wedding that was about to begin. The lobby is such that every room in the building faces it. We were able to look down into the beautiful atrium with trees, waterfalls, and ponds and see the bride and groom getting married.
The negatives of this hotel were: one of the elevators was stuck on the seventh floor as we were checking in - immediately I requested a room on the 2nd floor. They are glass elevators that overlook the atrium lobby so immediately anyone can see if they are stuck which is reassuring. Another negative was that our air conditioning worked but not as it should. The hotel was fixing it the day we were leaving. The last thing I would recommend would be to stay in a room AWAY FROM THE TRAIN TRACKS. The trains are very noisy.
Even though there are negatives, I would highly recommend this hotel and I would stay again. It was much better - for the price - than anything we saw in Boca Raton. It was clean, roomy, and a place to relax. By the way - there are a couple of restaurants and a bar in the atrium. There is no breakfast, however, there is a Macdonald's close by. I did not sit by the pool - it looked a little dirty and wasn't your tropical kind of pool. Still, if you are visiting family close by I would recommend this hotel.

A breath of fresh air.

The Sheraton Suites at Cypress Creek was exactly what we needed for our vacation. My husband and I decided to go to Ft. Lauderdale to visit family as well as for some R&R. We traveled with our 15 month old son so cleanliness was very important to us. Although our vacation got off to a rocky start when we walked into this hotel it all went away. The lobby and atrium is magnificent and the rooms are just as nice. When we checked in we asked for a crib for our son and it was delivered minutes after we got into our room. We had a room facing the train tracks and we didn't find it too noisy at all. Besides our little boy loved watching the train go by. I would definitely stay in this hotel again, especially for the price.

Avoid like the plague

I've stayed at this property several times because we had a decent corporate rate. The rate isn't that good now, and it's still a lousy hotel. All through the night you will be awakened by sound of the trains crossing the intersection in front of the hotel, regardless of where your room is located. If you're on the back side of the hotel, you will also get the jet engine sound of the cooling system. On my recent and last stay, I arrived at my non-smoking room to find an ashtry and matches on the table, along with the overwhelming stench of stale smoke. That's when I learned the "Service Guarantee" is a joke. A local phone call is $1.50, calling an 800 number to use you PC is $2.00 plus more after 60 minutes. Don't even think about free high speed access like other hotels now offer. Definitely not the place for a business traveler.

Comments