The Atlantic

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

601 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States

The Atlantic Resort & Spa
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• DrDevience's Profile Photo

The Best Upscale Property on the Beach

You might balk when you pull up to their half-circle drive and see the shabby building across the street, but don't worry, that is coming down soon to be replaced by yet another hi-rise condo.

Inside the Atlantic you will get the true feel of what Lauderdale is becoming: Posh and upscale.

We were greeted by a hostess who sat us in a comfy area and we were given cool, refreshing drinks while we were checked in... and it just kept getting better.

The suite we had has a rack rate posted of $995, and is currently (Nov 2004) going for about $500 at various discount sites on the web, but if you don't need a suite you can get a very nice room for around $250.

They supply robes and the very best of ammenities, along with a turn-down service that includes chocolate-dipped strawberries. In fact, every time we left the room we came back to a new goody that was left for us. Nice touch, that.

The bed was superior in every way. The wireless Internet access was flawless. The entire staff was above and beyond.

My -only- gripe is that they do not have 24 hour room service like they advertise. They may some day, but they do not as of now. We waited to eat thinking we would call down for a late meal... we were out of luck.

Unique Quality: Full salon and spa; huge well equipped exercise room.

Roof top pool overlooking the Ocean.

Quirky fun gift shop.

Wonderful porch downstairs off the bar/restaurant with comfy couches where you can eat/drink while feeling the breeze and admiring the view in comfort.

Directions: Just south of Sunrise Causeway on A1A

More about The Atlantic

Incredible hotel

We just got back from a 5 day stay at the Atlantic Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale and I could not wait to get off the plane and write this review. First of all, I found it here on trip advisor and now I know why everyone has been so pleased.

The hotel is in the perfect spot, about 10 minutes from the airport and right on the ocean. It is only 1 yr. old and it was done beautifully. When you enter the lobby you feel it is more of a very chic, trendy spot in south beach.

We arrived at 1:00am because of a delay in Philly and the woman that was waiting for us at the desk was a pleasure. They had the type of room I requested and it was amazing. The decor is very cool, the bed was one of the most comfortable i have slept in, the bathroom large with tile and marble (double sinks). A very nice size terrace overlooking the pool and the ocean. The staff at both the pool and the restaurants were very nice as well.

honestly I had no desire to go to Ft. Lauderdale, but this hotel looked so great and also offered a nice package, we decided to try it. They are now building a W hotel, a St. Regis and few others near by. I think in the next few years it will be more of a south beach type area with trendy spots to check out. I will go back for sure!

e-mail me with any questions!!

Great Hotel...TERRIBLE SERVICE

Hotel grounds and property including the room were exceptional. Serice on all aspects was TERRIBLE. Cold room service, no chairs to lay out poolside, rude waitress at poolside restaurant, worst bar drinks poolside ever etc. Hotel had no idea how to handle itself during the Air & SEa Show. Security was tighter than Bagdhad to keep outsiders from using property. Considering only 125 rooms, even full turnout to pool etc should be able to be handled smoothly. This is a Hotel that want to think of itself in the class of Ritz-Carlton or Four Seasons but falls far short because of service. You are only as good as your staff at any hotel.

GREAT HOTEL AND SERVICE.. best in Fort Lauderdale

This is by far the most beautiful hotel in Fort Lauderdale right on the beach. I am not sure what these other people are expecting, but I have traveled around the world and this hotel is only 1 year old, everything is new and fresh. The location is perfect and close to everything. The service, food and rooms are great. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel. If you want to ask me questions about it, you can email me directly at usatrader2@earthlink.net . My name is Arcangelo Capozzolo. The pool overlooks the ocean and is peaceful and elegant. We had a our 3 year old daughter with us and it was perfect for adults or adults with kids as well.

Wonderful Hotel

I stayed at the Atlantic 3 nights. My room faced the ocean on the 9th floor.
I loved the room, quiet enough to hear the ocean all night with the sliding door open. The view from the room was enough to make you want to stay in the room 24/7.

The location was great, close enough to the action but not noisy. I rented a car and going to all the shops and dinner was less than 10 minutes away.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. They even put orchids on the towels in the bathroom.

If you want luxury stay at the Atlantic.

The Atlantic exceeded expectations

My husband and I spent a week at the Atlantic, and we will absolutely book a vacation there again as soon as possible! The room was exquisite: large, tastefully decorated, luxuriously comfortable. From the balcony we watched the full moon rise over the ocean. The service at the pool was top notch. Trina restaurant served fabulous meals. The Spa is a world of invigoration. The gym has state of the art equipment. We found all the staff to be attentive and friendly, providing us with our every wish. It was a vacation we'll always remember!

simply the best

what can I say ... excellence and elegance like have never seen before ... The Atlantic is heads above the rest .. Impeccable service and quality throughout . Ths spa was awesome. I will be staying here again

Fort lauderdale is the next south beach sans art deco

Disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member KeyWestSharkey

great physical property in an excellent location with absolutely zero personality. bland staff in both the hotel and restaurant is such a turnoff that we would never return. we were extremely disappointed with the restaurant. considering the background of the operators the menu and level of service was terrible

Fantastic Place

We had a wonderful time at the Atlantic. We were upgraded at check-in, and the staff was wonderful throughout our stay. I don't exactly know what the previous reviewer was talking about.

The pool, though a bit small, was perfect for our needs. We were with a 3 month old, and the staff did everything they could to make her comfortable. The small kitchenete is each room was great for warming bottles, prepping snacks, etc..

It is a quite convenient location and we would highly recommend the Atlantic.

Fantastic hotel, excellent service, great beach!

My husband and I just returned home after staying there for five days with our two year old. We had a great time! I loved the spa, and the baby loved the pool. The hotel upgraded us to a bigger room with an ocean front balcony. The room service food was fantastic, but expensive.

The Atlantic is really in a great location. Crossing the street to get to the beach is not at all a problem, and it is a really short walk to the water. The Trump Towers are being built next door, but there was no dust and no noise whatsoever. Granted, the beach could be cleaner, but that's no fault of the hotel. The ocean was very swimmable this time a year (mid-July), and the weather was great if you enjoy the heat.

As far as the activities, we did not find that much to do nearby, but then again, we weren't really looking. There are plenty of nice and reasonable places to eat, and there is a large mall (Galleria, I think) within a mile and a half.

We would gladly stay there again.

Comments