The Beach Plaza Hotel

625 North Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd. (A1A), Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States

Beach Plaza Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com CheapTickets.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Spring Fun

We wanted a place to stay for Spring Break. Of course what better place then to stay on the beach. This hotel was located right in front of the beach. The room we had was great. two beds enough for the 4 of us. With a little seating area that overlook the pool and courtyard. There was also a kicten in the room , which was ideal for our mindnight food feast. The staff was kind and helpful. I willbe back for next year Spring Break!! Anyone who wants a day in the sun should go here!!

Unique Quality: The hotel is an oceanfront property. Many of their rooms have a veiw of the ocean. The sun deck is wonderful.

Directions: Right in front of the beach!!

• Dec 13, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Absolutely HORRID experience.

It started out ok. And when I say "ok".. I mean on the low side of "ok". The room we were given was acceptable for the price we paid... at first. It was dirty, there were a couple roaches (but this is Florida.. and in Florida, the cockroach is the state bird), the bathroom was a little sketch but it was late, and I just wanted to sleep.

Woke up the next morning to experience the "free breakfast"... waste of my walk to the office, really. I wasn't expecting a feast for the price I paid, but a little more than tiny muffins and english muffins would have been nice. Still, was rectified by purchasing my own jar of coffee and making the most of it.

Noticed the sink in the bathroom took a VERY long time to drain... and it all started going down hill from here. Informed the desk clerk about the problem and was assured it would be fixed later in the day when maintenance arrived. Returned to the room after a day away and found that it wasn't. Asked for a plunger, I'll fix it myself it isn't rocket science.. plunger was brought to the room, and I swear it was a plunger that was used sometime in the Second World War.. the wood was old and splintery and the rubber was dry-rotted so bad that there was a crack that ran all the way around it in a spiral pattern.. it should go without saying that the plunger did not "plunge".

Informed desk clerk next morning and was assured, yet again that the problem would be handled.. returned for the day, still no drainage in the sink. NOW.. it wasn't draining at all. The water that had been in there from the night before was STILL there. Went to the front desk, was assured ONCE MORE that the problem would be handled as soon as maintenance came in the next day. Came back THAT day and still no resolution.

Went to the front office and politely asked to check out early. Was told that we would be charged for the two remaining days, regardless. Staff was very polite, not at all rude. Informed the clerk that we would be contacting our credit card company and disputing the charges, then went to the room to pack. Clerk came up to the room and said that she could give us another room for the remainder of our stay. After much discussion, we opted to take her up on it, since it was so late and finding another hotel at that hour would be a bit of a headache.. and if we could avoid the trouble of disputing the charges, we would go with that.

Was shown to the new room, apparently they consider it an upgrade because it has a couch AND a chair AND a coffee table.. pretty swank, eh? Also, the window in the room shows a view of the beach/ocean which is right across the street from the hotel. There is actually a decent sized counter with cabinetry under, the refrigerator is a little cleaner than in the last room, but the microwave is absolute crap and I'm a little afraid to use it, seeing as how the top looks as if it has been beaten half to death with a hammer.

(please understand as I go through this virtual descent into hell, I've not reached the worst part yet)

The bathroom is dirty, the toilet is stained, the towels, if you can call them that are ratty and full of holes, the sheets on the bed are covered in hair, cigarette burns, blood stains and... wait for it... BED BUGS.

Yes folks.. this place is a dump. We weren't expecting a five-star when we saw the price... but basic ammenities.. no bed bugs, warm water, clean and usable towels and wash cloths, clean sheets with no cigarette burns, clean floors and NO mold under the countertop, in the cabinetry WOULD have been nice.. and SHOULD be the very least one can expect.

If the least is what you expect when you realize the price is $53 in off season.. the LEAST, mind you.. you will still be disappointed. The ONLY thing this place has going for it is the location and thus far, the staff has been polite. We'll see if that changes once we mention the bed bugs. I am now going to have to stop at the laundry on the way home and boil EVERYTHING in the industrial sized washers, then bake everything in the industrial sized dryers. That's going to cost me a good chunk of change. And that doesn't address the welts, bumps, rashes, bites, itching and burning that we will have to deal with due to the bites.

Avoid this place. Avoid it like the plague. Just up the road, a little ways into Lauderdale by the sea is a nice little place, I cannot remember the name but it is $49 a night for a single and $5 more for an extra person. Since we will have to come back to this area for business in a couple months. Guess which one we will be choosing..