The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale

1 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, (formerly St. Regis Resort, Fort Lauderdale), Fort Lauderda

The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
Expedia.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

perfect place to stay!

The brand new St. Regis Hotel opened in May of 2007 and is the perfect place to stay for a great stay in Fort Lauderdale. Awesome staff, beautiful decor, the beach steps away, and breathtaking views from every angle.

Part of the Starwood Hotel chain, build points and free stays while yoou enjoy the muted colored, spacious suites.

Unique Quality: ~Beautiful rooftop pool

~italian marble bathrooms

~pratesi bed linens

~full service mini bar

~24 houor butler service

~guest digital assistant, which features all the basics, plus voicemail, ipod docking station, etc

~in room wireless

~24 hour butler service

More about The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale

In A Word - WOW

by TripAdvisor Member Derby1Florida

We stayed for three nights on the eleventh floor overlooking the inter-coastal.
The room was large and clean.
The staff was top notch and very resourceful.
When I was getting dressed, I realized that my formal shirt did not have the collar stays. I called the butler and within 5 minutes he was at the door with a silver tray containing a dozen St. Regis collar stays. Amazing!!!
Our marble bathroom had everything you could wish for.
The only issues we had were with the parking valets.
At $30 a night to park, the service left a lot to be desired.
On one occasion, they took 30 minutes to retrieve the car. Another time they brought the car to the front and the attendant left with the key.
The fitness room is one of the best that I have seen and it is very well stocked with bottled water, fresh fruit, and newspapers.
Since we live in Florida, we didn't care about having an ocean front room. Our choice of an inter coastal room was perfect. We sat on the balcony having breakfast and watching the boats go by. At night the lights are a relaxing sight.
We will be back!!!

Great Stay At The St. Regis

by TripAdvisor Member FrequentTraveler319

We stayed at the St. Regis for 4 nights and it was one of the best experiences we've ever had. The rooms were very clean and the staff attended to your every need. We'd definitely stay there again.

Wow!

by TripAdvisor Member JBmore

Can I say WOW!!!! I am what you might call a total hotel snob. I am extremely picky and will make it very known to my husband if I am uncomfortable. This was an amazing hotel. Every last detail was attended to. The room was sooooo clean, the butler I didn't know what to have her do but she was nice to have, the food was amazing. Okay, so it wasn't cheap but it was worth it. The area is somewhat seedy, but it is obvious it is going more upscale in the next few years. This was my first time to Ft Lauderdale. The only thing I didn't like was our room that was over the huge ac coompressors for the hotel. I could hear them all the time. I survived.

The Wine Steward is the worst in this country

by TripAdvisor Member georgetown200

a great place for thanksgiving dinner, the food was good, the waiter was outstanding (Jon Carlos) but the wine sommilier was brutal and offensive

i traveled 2500 miles from west coast, staying at the Atlantic a Starwood property and went down for the dinner

i brought a special bottle of wine and made sure it wasnt on their fair wine list and the wine guy said "we dont do corkage" and had an attitude all night

this guy was so bad, ruined an evening. Will never grace the place again and his name is Chris Covolo...Stay away

watched him work other tables and ignored our party and i bought two good wines off their list--this guy is offensive and a discredit to his profession

Very Fancy Property

by TripAdvisor Member mommy77

Stayed at St. Regis Resort for 2 nights after Thanksgiving Day.
I had a wonderful time and a very good experience. It's location was good and just steps away to the beach. They only have valet service which is $30/day rate and the attendants are really nice and courteous. Check in was fast and easy. Front Desk agent explained the amenities and told me that the resort is a nonsmoking property. The room is large, decoration is pleasing to the eyes, very clean, really nice. Bathroom is gorgeous! Spend most of my time there. You have your own small flat screen TV.All rooms have there own balcony. You can have an Intercoastal or Oceanview or half intercoastal and partial Oceanview which I got.
The one thing I really dont like about the room or to be specific with the balcony is that it is just has this cloth/tent like fabric separation from other guest rooms/balcony that you can see through it during the day or the other room can hear you chat. The hotel manager went to our room at around 1030pm just to inform us that there is a noise complaint from guests. Other than that is almost close to perfection. Plus you get the butler service, who will help you with anything. The pool is another topic. Its just a good size pool on the 7th floor with 2 jacuzzies and bar but the feeling is like you are in a cruise ship type design and you can see the ocean from the railing which is again designed like a ship. It was really something. They also have a fitness center and one restaurant on the property. Over all is it one of the best properties I have stayed in. Very good staff and service. Will definitely go back.

Nice but not up to St. Regis quality - NOT ready for high season at all

by TripAdvisor Member amiratee

I am in the middle of my stay and trying to not get distracted by the annoyances. This is a physically lovely hotel on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale. The rooms, bathrooms and furnishings are beautiful, and the location and view are very nice.

What's bothersome is that they just are not worth the money we are being charged - this is supposed to be a very high-end hotel. For 2 days in a row there are no pool chairs available, no towels for the pool (really? are you really out of towels? How is a hotel out of towels?). The so-called 'butler' service took 25 minutes to bring up ice - not a big deal but stay in a 4 Seasons and its done in 5 minutes. They promise to have MP3 jacks in the room for music (there is no stereo and the radio gets no reception) but again, Oh, sorry we are out of those. Most upsetting was when I went down at 10:55 to catch my "included" continental breakfast they stared at me and simply said "No, sorry, we are getting ready for brunch now." "But I just want some tea?" "No, I'm sorry." Really? You couldn't let me sit down and drink a cup of tea? Granted breakfast was over at 11 and I was cutting it close but their lack of interest in helping me out was disappointing. A wonderful bartender named Amy sprinted over from the bar and took care of me, but the rest of the staff was utterly clueless.

As for the clientele, you will get families packed into the small pool space throwing footballs, etc and it might make you feel like you are in a Holiday Inn. I got the sense there was no one really managing things professionally - lots of young inexperienced staff. At Shutters in CA the pool area is managed and you are asked if they may clear your pool lounge for another guest -- here the guests mark their chairs and then leave for 2 hours while the rest of us don't get a seat. So all I'm saying is the St. Regis needs to manage their crowd properly or provide adequate chairs, towels, and treat people with a little more common sense and respect befitting the very high rates for this place.

So if you want to come to Ft. Lauderdale and enjoy the beach and your room, you might love it. But if you are counting on exceptional service and a quality pool experience, don't come here.

Beautiful place...and you'll pay for it

by TripAdvisor Member jeffandkim

We recently stayed at the St Regis, and agree with all the reviews telling what a beautiful property this is. Gorgeous from top to bottom, great service (except at the pool bar/restaurant), and a top-notch hotel.

However, you'll pay for it. I have no problem with the nightly charges for the rooms, but the way this hotel nicke-and-dimes you (or should I say, $10's and $20's you) to death is a little ridiculous. Parking is $30/day off the top.

Our first meal after checking in, was a lunch at the pool bar/restaurant. The food was just okay, service was slow and inattentive, and the bill was outrageous. They tack on a 25% "service charge" (i.e. tip) to your check. Since our service was poor, I hardly think a 25% tip was in order.

Everything little thing at the hotel costs extra, and a lot extra, at that.

We completely understand that the St. Regis is a very upscale hotel, and were totally prepared for that. But when you charge $500 and up for a room, you shouldn't have to fleece your guests for every last penny.

I'd actually recommend this hotel highly. We really like the "new" Ft. Lauderdale, especially the Las Olas area. The rooms and service in this hotel are fantastic. However, it's not really a family place, and don't ever look at your bill. Be prepared to drop a wad of cash while you're there and you'll really enjoy yourself.

More Minuses Than Pluses

by TripAdvisor Member Capcityman

This is a hotel where the pluses are lovely, but where the minuses do detract from what is billed as the only true luxury hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

The pluses: The lobby at the new Fort Lauderdale St. Regis is beautiful, done in calm shades of cream, white and beige and featuring vast expanses of cascading marble levels accented by Matisse-inspired beach murals and stainless steel sculptural room dividers. Likewise, the rooms are what you expect in a luxury beach hotel – hardwood floors in the entry and seating areas, plush berber carpeting in the bed area, and enormous marble baths. The views from most of the rooms are classic sunny South Florida, either beach or intra-coastal. The fitness facility is spacious and state-of-the art. The front desk and concierge staff could not be more attentive and friendly.

The minuses: Some of the rooms are directly over the exhaust fans for the restaurant, sending smells of hamburgers onto the balconies and even into the rooms. Also, some of the rooms are too near the HVAC machinery, so that noisy fans intrude into the rooms even with the doors shut. (On the balcony, it sounds like a wind tunnel.) The walls between the rooms are thin; we heard crying babies and conversations on one side and the clock radio left on by housekeeping in the vacant room on the other side woke us up in the middle of the night. The HVAC is not what one expects at a St. Regis; it frequently was too hot and stuffy – there must be a mechanism that turns off the system if no movement is detected in the room (as during sleeping hours). Housekeeping was ridiculously slow. A “make-up room” light illuminated at 10:30 AM still was ignored by 4PM, when the room remained un-made. Likewise, turn down service was skipped or tardy throughout the stay.
Valet parking was erratic (and at $30/day, that is inexcusable). Calls to have our car brought from the garage were acknowledged but then ignored, so that the request had to be repeated at the front door, with the resulting wait the phone call was intended to avoid. In the restaurant, on an unbusy morning, a prompt order for juice and coffee, and visits by two other servers asking if we needed anything still did not produce the requested beverages until finally they appeared long after adjacent tables were seated and presented with their morning drinks. In the spa, the absence of sauna, steam bath or Jacuzzi is inexcusable giving the billing of the spa as state of the art. The automated in-room television check-out did not work.

Smart hotel in unsmart area

by TripAdvisor Member Hawtrey

We had booked an intracoastal one-bedroom suite to sleep three people but when we checked in we found that the living area was not big enough to accommodate a bed and anyway a rollaway was not available. A number of the intracoastal rooms are blighted by the sound (when the balcony door is open) and sight of the next door air conditioning units. The north facing rooms have a view of a couple of busy roads. I imagine the oceanfront rooms would have good views. The hotel is brand new and appeared to be very luxurious. The front desk staff were excellent and tried their absolute utmost (at the height of the busy season when they were almost fully booked) to find us some acceptable alternative rooms but it just didn’t work out. Fortunately the Trump Sonesta in Sunny Isles Beach (which we had just checked out of) was able to provide accommodation so all was fine in the end.

There is little else we can add about the hotel, as we never actually stayed there. The surrounding area is somewhat shabby and a busy road needs to be crossed to reach the beach. Apparently a walkway is to be constructed. We visited Las Olas Boulevard, a stretch of which, about a ten minute drive from the hotel, has some smart shops and restaurants.

Comments