The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

321 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States
The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
Westin.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about The Westin Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale

Simply fabulous resort away from the downtown crowd.

by TripAdvisor Member mustangsally58

The Westin Beach Resort was very accommodating. Clean rooms, courteous staff, large and spacious pool deck with plenty of lounges. Every afternoon, bar servers would offer non-alcoholic taste-tester drinks along with a cool cloth to refresh yourself. One of the best features was the overhead walkway to the beach without having to cross the street.

Just average, def. not a luxury resort

by TripAdvisor Member Lateran

We stayed at the Wstin Beach Resort for 4 days. The hotel is undergoing a complete makeover, which isnĀ“t completed at this time. Rooms are small and average. Beds are good.
Pool area is very decent.
They have a big parking garage, but do only offer valet-parking (25 USD/day). Car service is good (very quick).
Location : directly on the beach, not far away from galleria mall and las olas boulevard.
Do not expect a lurury " beach resort", it is just a good/average 3-4 * property.

It was a dream...please don't wake me!

by TripAdvisor Member docmitchell

Upon opening the door to room and gazing at the ocean before me, I knew this stay would be memorable. The airy decor made me feel like I was staying in my own private beach house. The bathroom was gorgeous and the room was almost like an extension of the beach; it was comfortable and very relaxing. Otto Rizvani, who serves as a concierge at the resort, was absolutely amazing. His warm and welcoming demeanor made him the target of all of my question which he answered with grace and poise. He went beyond the call of duty to ensure that our stay at the Westin was a n excellent one. I would be more than happy to visit Ft. Lauderale again ...just to stay at the Westin. It was amazing

Westin Hotel - best location, best bang for your buck!

by TripAdvisor Member singleladycentralwa

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Westin Hotel in Fort lauderdale. I thought the location was perfect, finding shopping and dining, both fancy and on the lighter side of the budget. I found some wonderful places with the help of Otto Rizvani, the hotel concierge. I liked the fact that if you wanted to find nightlife, it was only blocks away. However if you wanted some quiet alone time the hotel was far enough away from the hustle and bustle that you could get a quiet relaxing nights sleep. The hotel is located directly on bus lines that can take you where you need to go, should you not have a car. it is close to the water taxi as well. The skywalk to the beach was wonderful, and I much enjoyed the beach in front of the hotel because it was not so overcrowded so you could enjoy yourself and have a good time. I found out today that the lawnchairs at the beach are compliments of the hotel, and if you needed added shade there are umbrellas that can be rented by guests. The pool was refreshing and relaxing. I also feel this hotel was a wonderful place for families, as there is a daycare room available, and the children I saw interacting with their families on the beach and in the pool all had large smiles on their faces indicating their enjoyment!! I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Fort Lauderdale!

a great view - a great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member lit50

We stayed six nights, and did not want to leave. The view of the ocean from our 9th floor room was outstanding. You are directly across from the beach and can avoid the one road crossing (A1A) by taking the pedestrian overpass. The pool is great - it is on the 3rd floor with a good view and a large number of comfortable loungers. Beach towels are provided. Shula's on the beach is attached to the hotel should you want upscale dining. You can also walk down the road to a large number of restaurants & bars, Our room had a flat screen tv and fine hd picture! The sole negative was the parking fee of $25 a day - but we negotiated with a smaller hotel down the street and got their protected parking for $10 a night! Overall, a fine choice.

Wow!! You will NOT be disappointed!

by TripAdvisor Member NicMarv10

My husband and I were lucky enough to randomly get this hotel via "name your own price" on priceline.com. We stayed on 06/06/09 for 1 night. This place far exceeded our expectations & we wished we would have booked extra nights!! Usually when you book thru a 3rd party vendor, you chance how the hotel staff will treat you & where your room is. I took a chance & called a couple days in advance to the 800 reservations number to see if they would upgrade us to an ocean front room since it would be our 10-year anniversary. I was told this request would need to be made upon check-in, but when we arrived (receiving immediate over-the-top fantastic service right when we pulled up to the hotel) we were told we had been upgraded to an ocean front room! I didn't even have to ask!! We were placed on the 6th floor which made for a PERFECT view!
**note: there is a $26/day valet fee. no other place to park, so you have to pay it.

The lobby is modern & stunning in the evening...there is a very nice restaurant on site, although we did not eat there. The pool is basic, but there are a lot of nice lounge chairs and a few lounge beds over looking the ocean. Also a nice bar at the pool area and a skywalk to get across the street to the beach.

The room was AWESOME! The bed was over-the-top comfortable and the rest of the room/bathroom were very nice with modern amenities.

The staff were amazing as well...from the moment we arrived, doors were opened for us, luggage was taken & we were escorted to the check-in desk...then escourted to our room with recommendations/info given in route. Cannot say enough about how above & beyond amazing their service was...coming & going. Definitely a good team work environment & all employees seemed happy & friendly with each other.

There are many places to eat, bars, live music all within a very short walking distance and are along the ocean. Very relaxing area with normal people...not the "high society" or "freak show" crowd that South Beach has. Before arriving I read a review on Casablanca Cafe (reportedly voted "most romantic" restaurant in Ft Lauderdale)...it ended up being the closest restaurant to the hotel. It was indeed the perfect place for our 10-year anniversary dinner! I would say it's casual romance...we enjoyed the view of the ocean & palm trees while eating a FABULOUS dinner. The "Blue Sky" mixed drink was expensive at $12, but was very good. Our food/dessert were all very, very good as well & worth what was paid.

Bottom line, we can't wait to stay there again & enjoy another dinner at Casablanca Cafe!

Great Decor and outstanding service

by TripAdvisor Member SpacecoastFlorida

We were pleasantly surprised by this recently renovated facility located right across from the beach. The restaurant, Shula's, is very good for breakfast and dinner. The Concierge, Otto Rivzani, was particularly helpful in suggesting outstanding restaurants in the area and a most enjoyable tour by boat of the amazing canals of Ft. Lauderdale.

Very poor service at a nice hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member CincinnatiExplorer

This is a very nice hotel that has been recently renovated. The lobby is chic and comfortable. The pool area is large with ample lounge chairs but there is little shade. One must compete for the few umbrellas and shaded areas. There is easy access to the beach across a walk-way and down an elevator however there are no beach lounge chairs nor beach services as at other near-by hotels. The rooms are beautiful and modern with contemporary furnishings and bathroom fixtures. Our problem with this hotel was the extremely poor service. Managers and employees do not seem up to running a first class resort nor do they seem to care. On our recent stay we were woken up in the middle of the night with a fire alarm and ordered to evacuate the building. This was not a problem and we were pleased with this safety feature. However, nobody from the hotel staff was available to talk to guests nor direct them when to re-enter. When we asked at the front dest, conflicting advice was given. Maid service was perfunctory at best. Often, rooms were not made up until very late in the day and once we even had to call at 7 pm when service had not been completed. When we notified the front desk manager of our problems with service at the hotel, he became defensive and no apologies were offered. Valet service, necessary for anyone with a car, was not only expensive but the service was also terrible. Long waits for cars were normal (and this was off season) and we frequently were unable to contact the valet desk to ask that our car be brought up. For location, renovation of the rooms and relative value, we still thought this was a decent stay. Hotel service, however, needs MAJOR improvement.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member maros63

We went recently to this hotel and from day one every employee were very attentive to
us.helping us in every way. The rooms impecable, elegant and what is very important to us NEW.
The beach with pristine waters made the staying complete and the area Las Olas Blvd
in Fort lauderdale, Fl one of its kind made this vacation close to perfection.

Modern rooms--you could tell this place is new

by TripAdvisor Member enilk3

Stayed here for one night for business. You could definitely tell this place was new as everything was extremely clean and looked great. The rooms are modern with contemporary furnishings and bathroom fixtures and have a nice "beachy" theme.
Very large hotel though--two towers and took me about 10 minutes to get from the front desk to my room. Was about a 15-minute drive from the airport.

Comments