Towneplace Suites Fort Lauderdale West

3100 Prospect Road, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33309, United States
TownePlace Suites Fort Lauderdale West
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Fort Lauderdale

new river innnew river inn

Apple Cinamon Muffin and Hazenut Cinnamon SwirlApple Cinamon Muffin and Hazenut Cinnamon Swirl

People congregating at staging for boatsPeople congregating at staging for boats

Nice Chair & OttomanNice Chair & Ottoman

Family Vacation week around Ft Lauderdale

by Youngs

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale for 1-week April 6-13th. It was the cheapest flights and we are coming from Michigan to simply enjoy the warm weather, beach, and family activities. Just booked tickets last Friday so it's a spontaneous trip. We are traveling with an 8 & 10 year old. What area do you suggest we stay or activities (Ft Lauderdale, West Palm, Miami, small towns in between, drive back to Orlando, etc)? We were thinking of half of our time at a beach resort and half 'doing' other things. I had almost booked at the Ocean Manor Resort with an 'efficiency/ocean-front suite' at a reasonable price of $160/day for a week stay. I read the 100's of negative reviews and now I am worried that Ft Lauderdale may not be the best place for us to stay? I would like to spend some time on the beach and ocean-front is a must for at least part of the trip. For 7 nights, I would like to stay to roughly $1500 for the week. We have typically stayed in Orlando at Disney or Tampa/Clearwater/St Pete area. We wanted to try something new this year, but I am lost on what or where is best?? Any help is appreciated, time is ticking away....

Re: Family Vacation week around Ft Lauderdale

by GenXVoice

No worries...you have selected a BEAUTIFUL time of year to hit Florida! The weather is still a bit chilly for we natives - but I am sure it will resemble a dream of balmy breezes and low humidity sunlight for someone from the north.

I wouldn't fret too much about the beach reviews in Fort Lauderdale. Although you have, unfortunately, hit our coasts during Spring Break season - there are options.

April 10th the Marine Center hosts a children's day where there are activities and fun on the sand all centered around our loggerhead turtles. The ages of your children might be a good fit for this activity and it is free of charge since it is a community event. http://www.marinelife.org/turtlefest Can't hurt to hit it on your way to the water.

The Miami-Dade County Fair is usually in town around this time each year. So, for a few bucks a head you get to see South Florida at its tackiest. http://www.fairexpo.com/thefair

You are no stranger to the family entertainment available in Orlando and I live seasonally between Coral Springs and Lakeland so the drive up the turnpike isn't as bad as it sounds on paper. Have many a night had dinner with friends in West Palm then shot up the turnpike for cocktails/late dessert with friends in Orlando. An hour's drive max with the right traffic.

Do not forget our many other beaches all within driving distance of Ft. Lauderdale. Jupiter, Cocoa, and West Palm have their mini beach fronts that are less popular with the tourists so worth the drive. I love to kayak in Cocoa's Thousand Islands through the mangroves and can spend an entire Saturday morning immersed in nature. But I would recommend using a guide since it is easy to get turned around in there. Dolphins and manatees swim along side of you. Love it every time.

And if your little ones are into astronauts - the Space Center is always an option. Pack a picnic lunch and you can spend many a day away from Fort Lauderdale, but home in time for dinner. That is the beauty of our state. We're only about 2 hours wide and you can shoot across Alligator Alley to beautiful Naples and get a taste of our Gulf Coasts as well. (Believe it or not - a completely different kind of Florida).

I know I sort of grazed around topics, but not knowing specific interests I didn't want to extend too much detail. If I can assist with any further information, please do not hesitate to ask! I am a Florida native and prefer the West/Gulf coast over our East...but that is merely because it is more European in flavor.

Either way - you will have glorious weather - so enjoy!!!

Kiki

Travel Tips for Fort Lauderdale

The main beach of Fort...

by RamSter

The main beach of Fort Lauderdale has its own little 'Center' of some sort, yet there were people everywhere, even though the weather was kinda mild.
This beach reminds me alot of Manly Beach down in Sydney.

Baseball in Florida

by pamstravels

Florida Marlins playing field - before it rained! This picture was taken from a suite at the Dolphin's Stadium in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. What a great place to party while watching the game. The best part is we didn't get rained on like those in the seats below.

Existen más de un centenar de...

by fga

Existen más de un centenar de nightclubs y otro tanto de bares, cines, teatros y salas de conciertos.
En pleno centro de la ciudad, la elegante Avenida Las Olas Boulevard alberga a las boutiques más renombradas, negocios de antiguedades y otros comercios con artículos de lujo procedentes de todas partes del mundo.
Las opciones son: The Galleria, un centro comercial exclusivo que cuenta con grandes tiendas; y The Beach con locales exclusivos también. En Swap Shop, es un mercado al aire libre, donde se reunen vendedores de electrodomésticos, joyas, ropas, artículos deportivos, de granja y artesanales.
Los grandes shoppings centers son el Sawgrass Mills y elOutlet Mall, ambos con descuentos , que oscilan entre el 20 y 70%.
La Hallande’s Fashion Avenue, tiene locales de zapatos, joyas y ropa de marcas famosas.
Luego existen complejos comerciales como el Coral Square Mall, Festival Flea Market, Fashion Mall, Disnes y Warner Bros.

Best restaurant in town

by cblanc9 about Cafe Martornos

On the corner of Oakland & A1A. This small italian restaurant has the best electric atmosphere. No reservations. Be prepared to wait if you go during peak hours during season. Outstanding food from a South Philly DJ spinning chef/owner. Any night you will see famous sports personalities & celebrities eating and dancing. Shrimp Scampi appetizer.
Veal anything. Gnocchi, SEa Bass & Lobster.

Great Ice Cream

by garridogal about Kilwin's Chocolates

It smells so good of rich buttery chocolates and confections when you walk in that I dare you not to ask "Diet? What diet?" Are you chocoholic or just craving something sweet and decadent? Then this is the place for ya! I had a scoop of Chocolate Cashew and a scoop of New Orleans Praline. Yum.....

Comments