W Fort Lauderdale

401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States
WHotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about W Fort Lauderdale

LOVED the W!

by TripAdvisor Member sugarbee333

We stayed at the new W Fort Lauderdale May 9-13. The staff here is fantastic! Every where we went, they were always asking how we were doing, how our stay was and if they could help us in any way. We were upgraded upon checkin, and Morial at the front desk was wonderful (as were the others we spoke with throughout our stay). Our room was on the 18th floor, and we had a spectacular view of the intercoastal waterway and the ocean. We had a king size bed and the infamous glass shower. We asked a staff member about the shower, and don't worry, glass showers are only in rooms that have king size beds. He told us that they figured if you were sleeping in the same bed, it would be ok to see each other in the shower! We thought the room was a good size, considering we weren't in there much.

We spent one day at the pool and although it is really nice, some of the waitresses leave a little something to be desired. We waited almost an hour for our waitress to come back to take our lunch order, and then when we were getting ready to leave, she was MIA. We found another waitress who went above and beyond to try to help us find our tab, and finally our waitress appeared stating that she "had been there since 8:30 and went on break". Now this was fine with us, however, when she brought our check over, we had an extra beer and sandwich on it. She ultimately had it removed, but it was a bit aggravating since this whole process took almost another hour. The beach is beautiful and this is where we spent every day. Note that although the hotel provides towels on the beach, they do not provide chairs or umbrellas. You can rent these from the city of Fort Lauderdale, at a cost of $10 per chair ($15 if you want the padded cushion) and $20 for an umbrella.

The location is great and close to many shops and restaurants. There is a little cafe next door at the Hilton where they serve Starbucks coffee and various pastries and sandwiches. We didn't eat at the hotel's restaurants and instead would walk down A1A and try the various restaurants along the road.

Overall, we loved the W and would highly recommend it! We can't wait to go back!

trendy hotel great location...a little rough around the edges

by TripAdvisor Member michinphx

Stayed at the W Ft Lauderdale for three nights before memorial day weekend. The hotel is beautiful and the service was good...everyone seemed willing to please, though at times, not equipped to do so. I had the king spectacular with a partial ocean view. The first room I had was located on the north facing side of the building, 9th floor, and the balcony was located directly above the pool equipment, etc., on a roof below. Far too noisy, so I requested a room change. The desk personnel were helpful, and were able to find the same room type on a different floor. It needed to be cleaned, so I took a walk down the beach and by the time I was back the room was ready. 16th floor, south facing...much better view. The balcony was very small. Only room for one chair and a small side table, but a nice view down the beach.

The maid service during my stay was really terrible. The bathroom definitely was not cleaned each day. The bed was made, and it seemed that an attempt was made to straighten up the room, though the quality was inconsistent each day.

I'm not sure if the air conditioning was broken or not, but the room was certainly warm. The fan on the air conditioner was very noisy. I was not a huge fan of the frosted/smoked glass door on the WC in my room either...guess I'm not trendy after all ;) I would have preferred a bit more privacy in this area.

I agree with previous posters that the hotel is confusing as there is a lack of directional signs. It was difficult to find simple things, for example, the business center (Wired). Also, there is only one computer available in Wired, which was inconvenient. The "living room" (lobby) is on the fourth floor (according to the lift buttons), although I was referred the third floor several times...not sure why. Also, the men/women combination restroom located on the living room floor seemed out of place to me, as this might be used by people checking in, etc.. It seemed that this restroom really belonged closer to "the club", not a common area where business associates, etc., might have to use the facilities.

Pool area was very nice, and not crowded on the Thursday afternoon I was there. The lounge area off the living room was also very nice. Enjoyed sitting out on the roof deck sofas with a great view of the beach. Drink service was a little slow, but overall friendly. The W is located on the corner of a stoplight/crosswalk, so beach access is very easy. Towels were provided for the W on the beach by an attendant. Simply tell the attendant where you are staying, and you are provided with towels.

There is a great take out cafe/Starbucks in the Hilton next door to the W. Nice for breakfast, as I didn't really see any cafe in the W. I looked at W restaurant menu, and opted to walk down along the beach for something else.

There is a water taxi stop two short blocks south of the W. This was really convenient to get to Las Olas for shopping/dining.

Poor us- we had to come home

by TripAdvisor Member roseandrie

Wonderful "girls 5 day" getaway! Hotel is hip, hot and trendy. We loved it from the minute we were greeted by "Mark" at the front door. We were upgraded because I am A Gold Level SPG member.
What can I say, it was perfect place to run away toand become recharged. Service is everywhere, however not everyone has the same work ethics. Most are great, will weed out some as hotel is opened longer. The hotels theme is "WISH" whatever and they try to accomodate. This might become a problem for them as some people are more "needy" or feel they are owed.
I would highly recommend the "Bliss Spa" had a facial and a body wrap our last night and it was great. Shower in womens area needs to have some plumbing work done as it was one temp about 110 degrees.
Pool area is nice and we had a blast meeting many of the guests. Everyone seemed to be there for the same reason- relax& enjoy. We were so sad we had to leave when we did. I hope anyone who is going to visit has the same experiences as we did- be open and friendly and you cant go wrong! Try Sushi Rock and Blue Martini- had fun at both. The outdoor lounge areas are great and you can take the soft blanket from the bottom of your bed to wrap up in- it gets windy and a bit cool if you have any sunburn. Enjoy and feel blessed to be able to escape. God bless!

Nice hotel but surrounded by Ft.Lauderdale

by TripAdvisor Member ncnyclover

Pay a little more and go to South Beach. Hotel was fine except pool area way overcrowded on weekends. Bliss Spa has nice services but lounge area is tiny, only 1 shower and no steam or sauna rooms

Hip and Edgy Hotel with Beautiful Beachfront Views

by TripAdvisor Member alagad

Stayed during the memorial day weekend. It was definitely a a great hotel for a quick getaway for locals. It is more suited for singles or couples. But in true W fashion, the pool had a great scene with a DJ spinning records during the day. At night, the firepit wasgreat place to lounge and relax. It was a little confusing during the check-in. There needs to be better signage. Check-in is at the 3rd floor. The front desk was quite helpful especially Morial. Since I am SPG platinum, he upgraded us to a suite with a huge outside patio. Thanks Morial!

B+ hotel with some room for improvements

by TripAdvisor Member OhioStateBuckeye

Let me start by saying that we WILL stay at this hotel again in the future. The location is perfect. The hotel is beautiful and obviously new. My main complaint is that the service as a little lacking and slow. The pool food service was very slow with only a few guests in the pool area at the time. The keys to our rental car were misplaced one day. It took 20 minutes for the attendant to locate them. We called the front desk for additional towels which were not delivered. Every issue brought to their attention was immediately corrected. But when you stay at a hotel of this caliber and price, the service should be almost flawless. Right?

Then there was the bathroom. We took my wife's niece with us on this trip. The bathroom did not have a door. The clear, glass shower area did not have a curtain. Absolutely ZERO privacy in the shower. This was obviously not an acceptable situation for us. Although there was a shower curtain rod installed, it was missing the curtain. When we called the front desk, they did not have any "extra" curtains. Instead of taking a curtain out of an empty room, they forced us to re-pack our luggage and change rooms. Again ... at a hotel like this, is this the service you would expect? And the main question is … when they designed the hotel, who forgot to order enough shower curtains?!?!? This might be acceptable at a Holiday Inn, but not a W.

I give this hotel an overall B+. Improve the service and I would give it an A!

Excellent service, beautiful hotel, but small room

by TripAdvisor Member VenezuelaColumbia

We spent Memorial Day weekend there. Had a lovely time, and were most impressed by the service and energetic staff.

They have growing pains to be sure--the elevator broke one night and they ran out of towels.

The layout of the hotel is cool and and the 3rd floor is really great.

My only critiques are: the pool is small, considering how large the hotel is and the room is small and a tiny bit cramped.

We'd stay again without hesitation. Looks like the nicest hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.

W hip , happening & $$$$

by TripAdvisor Member abigjudge

The hotel is grand,modern to the max,a ++service except the pool eye candy who dare not break a pose to wait on anyone,this is the only negative, Rudy the cocierge was super made a personal delivery to my room one of the better service personnel, parking was a dream those guys get 5 stars, drop the pices for food esp now when all venues arent open '$8 & $12 hotdog come on. GGGGREAT addition to area a must see.

Wow- we LOVED the W!! Would come back in a heart beat!

by TripAdvisor Member vevo

What can I say except "W" stands for WOW, Wonderful and yes our Wishes were well looked after :)

My husband, 16 month old daughter and I stayed at the W for 6 days from May 23 until May 28th and we had a fantastic time. The hotel is very chic, hip and beautiful and the staff wonderful. We were in the pool every single day and it was very nice. It was a bit crowded over Memorial Weekend but overall beeautiful and relaxing for us. The only thing we did not like about the poor area was the VERY loud music. It really was pounding and it freaked our daughter out a bit so we didnt louge around on the days when the music was full blast.

The staff were wonderful and all very attractive right down to the valet guys! The concierge was very helpful and accommodating.

We had a great view of the beach and agree that the room could have been a bit larger. The location was also great as it was right across the road from the beach. I'm not sure if all the rooms were like ours but the only thing separateling us from the bathroom/showever was a glass wall so we could see each other shower and this shower did not have any doors so the water splashed everywhere. Funny enough there was a glass door separating the shower and the toilet.

We were going to have dinner at their restaurant but we were early and thankfully so as we nearly died when we saw the menu prices!! I guess we should have known that since they offered steak and meals for your PETS at a lovely price of $26 etc.

We were however able to find some decent restaurants down the Olas blv..(forgot the name) and the hotel is within walking distance to the water taxi!

All in all we loved the hotel and would go back in a heart beat.

Liz in one of her formal night dressesLiz in one of her formal night dresses

Liz enjoying the comfortable bedLiz enjoying the comfortable bed

Airplanes in the terminal-non functionalAirplanes in the terminal-non functional

Strawberry PavlovaStrawberry Pavlova

Visiting for a week in January

by t_bell40

Hi All, I am visiting for a week in January and would like recommendations. I don't have a hotel lined up. I am thinking i can wing it. Fly down and just walk around looking for a Bob and Sherly's wayside Motel. I am hoping i won't have to spend more than 50 a night. Maybe i should just go to priceline.?? Anyone with any ideas?? Thanks, Tim

Re: Visiting for a week in January

by donato1899

$50.00 a night in January in Ft. Lauderdale will be a good trick. Maybe at Bob & Shirley's, but it won't be at their beach side location. Could be at their rough part of town motel.
Maybe you could make some lowball price line bid and see what comes up.

Comments