Westin Fort Lauderdale

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 55% less but rated 12% lower than other 4 star hotels

• pedersdottir's Profile Photo

Sink into the comfort zone!

Located just a short way from the Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport and 20 minutes from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, the Westin offers quiet comfort for a weary traveller.

The lean and elegant lobby doubles as a cocktail lounge. All-day dining is available in the Mediterranean bistro Alfiere. For outdoor relaxation the hotel offers poolside bar service in a setting which evokes Capri.

The Westin chain now markets itself on its 'heavenly comfort' beds. This was our first stay in one of their revamped bedrooms, and deliciously comfy it was! A very spacious bathroom was outfitted with a good assortment of high quality toiletries. As would be expected, the hair dryer and in-room coffee service come standard. The plush terry bathrobes were a pleasant surprise. 24 hour room service is available, but with a handy shopping mall/office complex less than 1/2 a mile away, Bennigans and sandwich shops offer price-conscious alternatives.

Directions: Handy to the I-95 Cypress Creek Rd. exit.
    Midway between I-95 and Florida Route1.

• davidb4732's Profile Photo

We stayed at the Westin. My...

We stayed at the Westin. My friend Tracy hooked my up for a great price and it's a fantastic place. It's not near the beach about 1.5 miles but it's close to I95 which was good. It has a great pool and an actual lake that we 'borrowed' a small bicycled powered boat and kept going under the waterfall that it had. We had so much fun submerging the boat...it was crazy. Supposedly there were alligators in there but the staff seemed not to care...funny!

More about Westin Fort Lauderdale

A 'walk-in' at the Westin.

It was not the best start to our holiday in the States. Our original choice of hotel (pre-booked) turned out to be a shadow of it's web-site promise and very dirty. We demanded and received an immediate refund and asked the first cab available to 'take us to a decent Hotel please'. It had to be in Ft. Lauderdale because my other half and his brother were there for three days fishing. We were taken to the Westin. Walk-in price $250.00 dollars per night per room (we wanted two) for four nights stay was the quote. It looked, through our bleary eyes, okay. It was very late. We had been travelling 24hrs and we said yes. The next day it became apparent that this Hotel was situated on a very busy traffic Island in the commercial district and it was a bustling convention and pre cruise hotel. There is one small (expensive) restaurant, one small bar serving same food as restaurant, the obligitory pool and a tiny knick-knack store, absolutely nothing else. So, what we found ourselves in was a large, noisy, facility short, not at all grand, but very expensive Hotel. Quite ordinary really. There must be better in Ft. Lauderdale. I wish someone would tell that cab driver.

business hotel , far from restaurants and downtown

by TripAdvisor Member rconway

Wonderful beds and bedding. hotel staff varied-far from everything taxi transportation slow and expensive. Pool and exercise facilities are nice. Would not stay their again due to distance from downtown. Heavy traffic to and from hotel.

Don't stay here- not a typical Westin!!

by TripAdvisor Member Kirbear

My mom, sister, and I stayed here March 10-12, 2006 and we were very disappointed! First off, the hotel was dirty. As soon as we walked in the lobby smelled like urine. We went to our room (which was a suite) and it was disgusting and musty. The smell was a mix between mold and cigarettes and the carpet was filthy. Since we got in late on Friday night and had to be up by 6am the next morning, we stayed in that room. We all slept terrible (the toilet ran all night) and the smell made all three of us have a stuffy nose. In the morning, we discovered the shower didn't drain, so we had to stand in 6 inches of water to shower. We immediately began to look for another hotel, but all of the hotels that we called were sold out that were under $250/night. So we made due and demanded they change out room. They did, and we were downgraded to a regular room that at least didn't smell bad and the shower worked properly. They also gave us a free buffet dinner which we didn’t use b/c the restaurant did not look appealing either. In the new room, the carpet was still dirty and the bathroom was old and the shower tile was gross. The beds and bedding were above average, but still, I felt like it was a dirty place. I would definitely not recommend this hotel. As far as the location goes, it is in the middle of a corporate park and really far from the beach and downtown Ft. Lauderdale. It is right off of I-95 and there is nothing around the hotel so you have to have a car or pay $30 for a taxi everywhere you want to go. Valet parking is a joke….they block off practically the whole parking lot to force you to valet, but then you can see your car is less than 50 feet away, yet you have to pay $15 a night plus tips to get to your car. That was infuriating. The whole stay was bad and I would never stay here again.

Amazing Stay

by TripAdvisor Member cm1661

I stayed at this hotel for a week in March and absolutely loved it. I was with a group and everything that we needed was taken care of. The buffet breakfasts and dinners were excellent. The room was clean and had a beautiful sunset view. The pool was very nice and the jogging trail around the lagoon was perfect. Finally, the staff is what makes this hotel special, we needed the hotel van to drive us to and from locations every day and make 2 trips due to the size of our group and the drivers, Lowell, Brainer and Karl did it with a smile and were a joy to be around. I cant wait to do back to this hotel next March.

Disapointted To Say The Least

by TripAdvisor Member attagurl

Location at 400 Corporate Drive did not deliver the WESTIN experience. Traveled on business, upon arrival told that my reservation for a king non-smoking was unavailable, they could "up grade" me to a double suite room. Get to the door and my key card won't work, so I go back down for another key, I'd been traveling since early that morning. My "up grade" consisted of a larger room very sparsely furnished. Flat screen TV was nice but so far away I couldn't read the score of the game when lying on the bed.

Next morning, upon showering I notice there is a rusty screw holding the soap dispenser on the shower wall, chips out of the tile floor and to my shock HAIR stuck to the ceiling of the bathroom! Not one but several - room #502 go see for yourself.

Ordered $4.75 Bagel w Cream Cheese for breakfast in hotel restaurant, seemed to take 20 minutes to prepare and they add a gratuity automatically to the bill.

So all in all, it was a glorified Holiday Inn but I did feel smarter, won't spend the extra bucks for a Westin stay again.

Next morning showering noticed

This place is a Dump

by TripAdvisor Member MalcolmSuperstar

I took my fiance to this place. We are Canadians from Vancouver,BC and travel frequently across the USA and Canada.

The staff are awesome but this hotel is just aweful with carpet stains in the rooms. Elevator panels broken where you can easily stick your hands in and tear out the wires inside the elevator. The Lagoon outside is full of junk and yucky mucky Algae. The rooms feel very humid with stale air. You can hear everything in the hallways since they have large gaps around the doors. The beds are amazing, but that is it.

I paid $119us on travelocity. I wouldn't pay a cent more. Hotel is easy to find for someone new in Fort Lauderdale, just off the Hwy I-95, windows are soundproof to highway noise. Excellent lighted parking lot that is free. Very knowledgeable and mature staff at the counter. The guys that park your car for a small fee $10 are very helpful and polite.

I complained to Sheraton & Westin Hotel and Resorts. The head office, the public relation people are idiots trying to compensate you with little points and failing to show good customer service skills, they should try to hire outside the USA.

The Manager at the Fort Lauderdale Westin Hotel did a better job comforting us and giving us atleast a decent points (10,000 to our Starwood membership).

This hotel is not for Families and only has a few cable channels. This is strictly a business hotel

Hope you enjoy this review from me

In my opinion staying at 6 different hotels and resorts this year in Fort Lauderdale/

The travelodge, the Westins, The days Inn, and just about every hotel in Fort Lauderdale are not up to par to their other franchise hotels in other cities found in other States. Florida sure is last in quality, service and neatness in the Hospitality business compared to Canada and other States.

I would recomment the Hyatt Pier 66 for the price, quality and location and a better sleep.

Horrendous!

by TripAdvisor Member sandbetweenourtoes

We stayed over a long weekend in 2002 to celebrate my 29th birthday. The entire experience was repulsive. I had heard such wonderful things about the Westin chain in general and thought this would be a no-brainer when we booked our trip on Travelocity. Due to this experience, we will never stay in another Westin for fear of a repeat. The hotel is across the street from what looks to be a very seedy part of town. When we arrived (very late due to a late flight) at approximately 11pm, we checked in an traveled up to our room which smelled overwhelming of sewage. Being exhausted and having made the flight with a cranky 3-year old, my husband said the would complain first thing in the morning, but we should all crawl in bed and get a little sleep. In the morning upon stepping out of bed, we stepped into a mushy carpet. The entire room's carpet was soaked with sewage water from a leaky pipe. We promptly complained and were moved to another room, but not compensated or offered any type of apology. In addition, the pool was littered with debris and look to have not been cleaned in several days. Staff was not impolite, but was not polite either. We traveled to a shopping center several miles away with a Ron Jon surf shop and Hard Rock Cafe. Super experience. I would recommend making the trip for at least an evening. Beach was so-so. Ate at a great bar on a front patio overlooking the beach. Wish I could remember the name. In summation, find somewhere to stay besides the Westin.

Comments