Windamar Beach Resort

543 Breakers Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States
AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Fort Lauderdale

riverwalk entertainment areariverwalk entertainment area

Sudoku and puzzlesSudoku and puzzles

A bar with flairA bar with flair

Our bus stopOur bus stop

Getting from Kissimmee to Fort Lauderdale airport

by Deefstes

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone with a bit of local gen can help me on this one. We're planning a trip to Florida and at one point we'd like to get from Kissimmee to Fort Lauderdale Airport.

I've had a look at Greyhound and Amtrak, both of which would get us nicely from Kissimmee to Fort Lauderdale but then we still need to get to the airport. Is there an easy local public transport (bus or something) that we can use? Better yet, wouldn't the Greyhound bus pass through the airport perhaps? I can't seem to find info on this on their webpage.

Alternatively, any other shuttles or busses or what-have-yous that travel between Kissimmee and Fort Lauderdale Airport?

Thanks,
d

by YVRDave

If there are 2 or more people, a rental car would be a lower price.
I don't know of a local shuttle to the airport other than Suppershuttle

by jethanand

you can google "miami orlando shuttle bus" or "Fort Lauderdale orlando shuttle bus"

one example I found is given below

Note - I have not tried it myself and this is not an endorsement

by Enting

The cheapest way is rent a car. This area does not have an easy public transportation. Greyhound is not good idea if your time is fixed. They can be late and you might missed the connecting bus etc..

Travel Tips for Fort Lauderdale

Familiarize Yourself with the Ship

by cjg1

As you board the ship there are maps available of the ship. Each level is shown in detail with highlights of the shops, lounges dining and bar areas. Signs and maps on each end and level of the ship are an easy way to see where you are and where you're going.

Travis McGee con't

by rmdw

So when I finally visited South Florida for the first time in May 2002, I just HAD to see if there was a Bahia Mar, if there was a Slip F-18 (where Travis' houseboat was reportedly docked), and if anyone there new about this now not so famous series of books.

Approaching the area my excitement grew to a fever pitch. I felt like a detective discovering the final clue in a long sought out puzzle. And finding the plaque was extra special.

One of the yacht owners there was an older fellow named Bob who was most impressed that I had tracked down this literary hero of mine.

A Nice English Style Pub

by cjg1 about Two Poets Pub(Navigator of the Seas)

Two Poets is the Englsih Style Pub on the Promenade deck. The hard wood tables and wooden walls give it a real pub feel. The wals are decorated with pictures of famous Eglish poets. The bar area has plenty of seating. There is also tables inside and lining the outside of the pub. We didn't realize at first that this was a smoking pub(gross!) so we just grabbed a quick drink and left. I had a beer and Liz had a dacquiri. Neither Liz or I tolerate public smoking especially when we are non-smokers.

It's a shame that such a nice place is ruined by cigarette smoke. I would have like to have hung out here but alas I prefer a smoke free environment. Casual.

historic restaurant

by doug48 about mai kai

the mai kai opened in 1956 and is a fort lauderdale dining and nightlife institution. the mai kai is famous for their polynesian dinner show. they offer very good polynesian style food and a tilki bar. the mai kai is one of the most unique restarants in the state of florida. for tourists to the fort lauderdale area the mai kai is worth a visit.

Italian food

by musbars about Louie Louie

Very nice restaurant with good selection of wines. Saturday and Sunday morning you can get the best Bloody Marry in town. Sunday after 12 though. That's the rools.
Very good food and breakfast. The service is outstanding. Very friendly waiters. The best veggy fritatta ( omlet ), Salmon fritatta, eggs benedict for breakfast.

Comments