DiamondHead Beach Resort

Orbitz.com Official Hotel Expedia.com

Costs 54% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• AnnS's Profile Photo

Good Apartment Accommodation in a Hotel

The Diamondhead Beach Resort is a large hotel near the centre of town. It offers 1-bedroom beachfront or gulfview apartments with small kitchens and nice balconies. So you can prepare your own meals if you want to but the hotel does have a restaurant and is close to others in the town.

There is a nice bar, right on the beach, with a swimming pool beside it and cabanas and umbrellas can be rented directly in front of the hotel. Watersports are also available.

I stayed here a few years ago and had a great time. The accommodation was comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful and the location is very good if you don't want to be too far out of town.

Unique Quality: Comfortable accommodation right on the beach.

Directions: On the main Estero Boulevard, just through the centre of town, on the right.

More about DiamondHead Beach Resort

Great hotel and location!

by TripAdvisor Member i_m_a_travelbug_9

We just returned from a 3 day stay in Fort Myers. We stayed at the Diamond Head Beach Resort, and we were very pleased with the hotel and the location! It seemed like the nicest hotel/resort to stay on the beach. We absolutely loved our screened in porch and the beautiful view of the pool area and Gulf. It was nice to have breakfast on the porch and watch the sunsets. We spent time walking up and down the beach and it was very close to all of the shops and restaurants. We even saw dolphins in the Gulf! We would definitely stay at Diamond Head again. Sanibel and Captiva Island are worth the trip! Check out Bowman's Beach on Sanibel Island, if you want a less-crowded beach.

a piece of heaven

by TripAdvisor Member karleena

just got back for 3 day stay from jan 14 to 16. I cant tell you why anyone would have anything negative to say about the place. Our view would have cost at least 300. a night anywhere else. the rooms were all suites. Kitchen, living room bedroom and wrap around deck from bedroom to living room. Not too many places give a view like that. The only negative I had was most of these places in florida allow pets and let me tell you every night no matter where you stay you can pretty much fall asleep to the smell of dog urine. Now dont get me wrong this suite was all tile floors and absolutely immaculate but the carpet in my bedroom which looked brand new smelled of dog urine. no where else just the bedroom. I will however return next year. you will never get a view or a huge space for this price anywhere. karleen from Omaha Ne

They put us in the Dungeon and we had a Long-Standing Reservation

The people who work at Diamond Head "All Suites" Resort Hotel in Fort Myers Beach, FL do not know what customer satisfaction means. They just don't care. We knew we wouldn't be able to check in until 1 a.m. and called twice days before our arrival to make sure that we would get a room on the 6th floor or above, because we were "repeat" customers and knew what we wanted. They told us that rooms were designated the day before check-in and that they were putting a note on our computer reservation about our late check-in and they would reserve a room we wanted. We got there and -- oh, my -- there was only one room left, which the front desk clerk took 20 minutes to find. It was in the dungeon. It was also a handicapped room, next to the kitchen fryolater vents, which gave off such horrible smells we couldn't keep our doors open to the screened-in porch, plus it vibrated the room all night. This room was dirty, smelly, and probably hurricane-damaged. I called the desk clerk twice to try to get a different room and was told the day clerk would call me in the morning and help change our room to something we asked for. One reason we thought the exorbitant charge for the room was okay was the screened-in porch, which was large. We weren't able to get a view of anything but this kitchen roof. I had to call the front desk in the morning and it took a while but we finally changed rooms to the 9th floor. Unfortunately for us, it was still above the fryolator vents, which spewed its sickening smells right into our room. This room did have a good view of the ocean but our vacation had left a bad taste in our mouths, especially with the attitude of the manager, Sherry Esselton, who instead of listening to her loyal customers told us that the "hotel's only obligation was to provide us a room, NOTHING MORE" and refused to lower our first night's rate of $275. We took a long walk and found a nice looking hotel with affordable rates called the "Sandpiper Hotel", which is on a nice stretch of the beach. We intend to try it out next.

Going back to Tampa and staying at the hotel right in the airport was like a breath of fresh air. We were given superb service and because the room we got had smoke coming into the bathroom through the vent, they changed our room and gave us concierge privileges along with taking $40 off our rate for that night. The Marriott knows how to train its employees and satisfy its customers. Too bad that Sunstream, which owns many properties in Fort Myers, doesn't have customer satisfaction in mind. We will not return to any of their properties again and wanted to let the general public know just how rotten they are to people.

Stay Here

We have been fortunate enough to be able to travel frequently..Probably have visited over a hundred hotels during the past twenty years or so..This venue easily ranks in the top ten..The room was very clean with comfortable furniture..Huge private balcony overlooking what they seem to believe is the cheap view..Don't pay extra for the full Gulf or Pool rooms..Stay on the north side with a direct look at the sunset and Sanibel Island..Very well located to visit Sanibel and Captiva Islands and a short drive to Naples..Large pool, and the Bar has some type of entertainment every night..We were very pleased with the service..The direct area is a bit tawdry,but there is an excellent Italian Restaraunt (Pappa Mondo's) nearby..Since we have friends in Naples, we will be returning to this area every winter..Diamond Head is where we will stay..Unless they decline in which case I will report back..

What a wonderful place!

What a wonderful place Diamond Head Resort is! We stayed from 2-11-05 throught the 19th and had such a wonderful time. The staff was so friendly, the restuarant's food was excellent as was the service. Our room overlooked the sunset on the Gulf side and we actually could watch the sun set every night we were there. We will stay no where else when we visit Ft. Meyer's Beach from now on. The location made it so excessible to the various sights on the Beach, and Pappa Mondo's restuarant across the street was an outstanding place to eat good Italian Food.

Everything we hoped for and more.

by TripAdvisor Member BritYank

We stayed at the Diamond Head the first week in Dec. 2004 for 7 nights and were so impressed; this is the only place we ever fully intend to return to on a regular basis. My #1 requirement was a room with a balcony and great view on the gulf front; and what a view. My husbands # 1 requirement was a great pool. Neither of us was disappointed. We had a corner suite on the 7th floor. The balcony was the largest of any hotel we have ever stayed, encompassing both the living room and bedroom. We had everything we needed in the suite. Staff was excellent. The hotel has by far the best location of any on the beach.

We found a supermarket across the street that sells very inexpensive fully cooked meals, which made a nice change from eating out. We took the meals back to the room and ate on the balcony. However, do not pass the chance to check out Pappa Mondo’s Italian restaurant across the street. Junkanoo’s, just a short walk down the beach is a fun place to eat lunch, or go for a drink in the evening. The Sunday Reggae Dock Party (rain or shine) at the Bridge Waterfront Restaurant is another – must do.

Our vacations (much to my husband’s chagrin) are usually hectic, exhausting excursions to cram as much into them as possible. For the first time ever, I could not pry myself away from this location. This was my husband’s, and as it turns out, my dream relaxation vacation spot.

Mmmmmmmm!

by TripAdvisor Member Susanne_Dublin

It was the perfect place for us! Great suite, fab view, immaculate pool and very friendly staff. With two young children the pool area and activities arranged by the hotel (for a small fee) were truly great. And for the adults the pool bar (with super friendly staff) came very handy :-).
My top remark goes to the house keeping team who were the friendliest i have come across.

Great Stay at Diamondhead

My wife and I just returned from a short 3nt. stay at the Diamondhead Resort. Nice rooms, Great beach and location. Excellent for long walks on the beach. It's just close enough to be able to walk to what I would call the "spring break" type hotels where liveliness, loud music and partying is all day (and night) long. But, just far enough away from the crowded beaches of those hotels and public beaches to enjoy a peaceful, quiet, day at the beach. Great place for kids too. ....We will probably take ours next time....Chloe's restaurant isn't all it's cracked up to be, but my expectations may have been too high. Excellent staff in the office, on the beach, and in the bar. If you go, ask for a west corner beachfront suite, it gives the best views of the sunset...We'll be back!!!

Seeing The World But Stuck In Fort Myers Beach

by AnnS

"Discovered By Chance"

My 'signficant other' works for an American company and in May 2000 he had to attend a conference in Disney World, Orlando. As his company was paying all our travel expenses, we felt it would be a waste to go all that way, just for the four days of the conference. So we decided to add a holiday to it and I set about finding somewhere nice to stay. I spent weeks scouring the Internet and finally settled on Fort Myers Beach because it appeared to have everything we like... beautiful beaches, abundant wildlife, a laid-back atmosphere and, of course, fantastic weather.

As we'd never been to Florida before, we opted for a full service hotel but got the best of both worlds at the Diamondhead Beach Resort on Fort Myers Beach because it has appartment accommodation, as well as all the facilities of a hotel.

"A Perfect Location.. and A Not So Perfect Location"

On arrival, we were delighted by our choice. Our beachfront apartment had a fantastic view of the white sandy beach and we had pelicans flying past our balcony. The beach services provided everything we needed for glorious days in the sunshine and the relaxed lifestyle on the island suited us perfectly.

We stayed there for a week, thoroughly enjoying it, and then left to drive across to the other side of Florida for our second week. Our destination was West Palm Beach and we were looking forward to it, as it had looked very nice on the Internet.

But we hated it! Twenty-four hours was all it took for us to realise we'd made a huge mistake.

We had booked into a very nice hotel but the atmosphere was completely different. In comparison to Fort Myers Beach, the place was noisy, brash, expensive and we found the service everywhere indifferent at best.

By the end of the first day, I was in tears, feeling that I'd really messed up because I'd selected and booked everything. My partner was very kind about it and we agreed to sleep on it and see how we felt in the morning.

The morning came and our hotel had closed breakfast early because they were preparing for Mothers Day Brunch... but nobody had told us. So that was the final straw! Although we had booked for a week, they let us go after one night, without penalty, probably because they had us marked down as "the guests from hell", due to the miserable looks on our faces.

I telephoned the Diamondhead Hotel on Fort Myers Beach, told them we were miserable and desperately wanted to come back. They had a problem because they were, by this time, fully booked but they phoned us back in ten minutes and had sorted out an apartment for us.

So... back we drove... all the way across Florida. We'd lost a whole weekend of our holiday but we were SO glad to be back on the Beach.

"Returning Every Year"

Until we discovered Fort Myers Beach, we had been going to a different country for our holidays every year. We wanted to see as much of the world as possible. We still want to do that but every time now, we have the same conversation... weighing up all the options and then agreeing that the lure of Fort Myers Beach is too strong. We feel that, having found somewhere that suits us so perfectly, why take the risk of going to a place that might not match up?

Four years ago we moved our accommodation base further along the island, to Pointe Estero Resort and Gullwing Resort, at the quiet end, and find that to be the perfect location. We've made friends in the area now and in many ways, Fort Myers Beach feels like home. We know what we're going to, we know exactly what we like to do and how everything works... and we know we will always get a warm welcome.

I retired earlier this year (very early, I want people to know) and my companion will be retiring before too long so then our plan is to travel as much as we can. Until then, our main annual holiday will be spent on Fort Myers Beach.

Comments