830 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, Florida, 33931, United States

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Rent a beach house!

Renting a beach house can be a great way to go, we always do this because we can fit the whole family. The one we rented here in Fort Myers Beach was perfect, it had all the things we wanted and was very comfy. Although we usually get a house right on the beach, this one was across the street but we could see the beach from the house! It had a great screened in pool, boat dock, very nice kitchen and much more. The location was perfect for exploring the surrounding beaches and islands like Sanibel, Captiva, Lovers Key, Bonita Springs all within 30 to 40 minutes or less.

Directions: Contact a local realtor for availability

• Patsy2009's Profile Photo

Best kept secret in Ft. Myers Beach

Terrific. 8 different kinds of rooms to choose from. The cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. Would not consider staying anywher else in Ft. Myers. I am 49 and my husband and I loved it. All the conveniences of home and within walking distance of everything. Check out the website and stay at least 3 days here....you will not regret it. I can't say enough of how immaculate the rooms were.

More about Edison Beach House

Awesome Place - The Edison Beach House

Absolutely wonderful place to stay. My family and I just spent spring break there March 26 - April 2nd, 2005. Larry , the owner welcomed us personally. Him and his staff all took great care of us. He runs a top notch place with great security, beautiful scenery, comforts of home and just amazingly clean. We have loved it so much staying there that this is our second year there and we have already reserved our place for next year. Our teenager who is 17 even agrees that this is the place to stay.
This is definately an efficient and friendly place to stay. We are looking forward to our stay there again.

A Wonderful Getaway

I'm a Florida native and recently took a four day trip to stay at Edison Beach House. LOVED IT!!!!!! They have just about anything you could possibly want or need in the room. It's very evident the owner (Larry) and his friendly staff take personal pride in the stellar service they provide to their patrons.

The hotel is a short car ride to Sanibel & Captiva Islands, which makes for a lovely day trip, of beachcombing and looking for seashells. They also have "Ding Darling" wildlife refuge and a shell museum.

The Edison Beach House has just about anything you will need or want in the room (from band-aid's, scissors, tweezers to eye make-up remover).
This is an extremely well run hotel!!!! It's also very CLEAN!!!! (which was a very important factor, for me, in staying there).

For my money, I feel this is the best hotel on the beach!!! It is "not" a "party" hotel, but for the vacationer that is looking for a quiet and beautiful hotel right on the beach.

While there, I met a couple from Michigan, that has been vacationing at Edison Beach House for seven years and still loves it!! That, in itself, should say something about the quality of the service at this GREAT hotel!!!!

Great Place!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SuenSam

We stayed at the Edison Beach House for 3 fantastic nights. I had read the reviews here prior to booking and while I liked the descriptions of location, service, cleanliness, I must admit I was a little worried about some of the comments about Larry. PLEASE do NOT worry, nor let this stop you from booking here. Larry introduced himself to us when we checked-in and we saw him and talked to him several times during our stay. He was nothing but welcoming, cordial & helpful. At no time was he (or anyone else) in any way intrusive. The hotel is small enough to be convenient and provide great service but large enough that you don't feel like you're intruding in someone else's home.

First of all I want to say that the location is PERFECT. This was our first time for Fort Myers Beach and the hotel is not even half a block from the Times Square area where the majority of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. are located. We parked our car in the parking lot when we arrived and didn't use it again until we left.

The pool, while small, was plenty big for the size of the hotel. There were always deck chairs available and as reported by others, the pool and beach area were meticulously cleaned daily. The beach and gulf are incredible.

Can't say enough about all of the amenities and the rooms. When we first walked into the room we remarked that "we could live here". Lots of other people have described the rooms so I won't go into alot of detail but I will try to add info that I didn't remember reading. The kitchen is indeed fully stocked with everything you could possibly need. The stove is full size with ceramic cook-top and the refrigerator/freezer has an automatic ice-maker (really nice for cocktails and filling a cooler). There's a 12 cup coffee maker and filters are supplied. Every day you're given enough coffee to make a pot of regular and a pot of decaf. You're also given tea and hot chocolate mix. Two newspapers (local and USA Today) are delivered outside your room every morning. The balcony (we were in an "E" room, 4th floor) was very large. It spaned the width of the room and had 3 chairs and a table. The views of the gulf, beach, pier, Times Square area, Sanibel, etc. were outstanding. Just to give a sense of proximity to Times Square...we could softly hear the band playing at one of the bars in the evening when we were on the balcony. Again, NOT noisy, just pleasant soft background music on the balcony.

I guess that sums it up. We loved our stay and would highly recommend the Edison Beach House. If, however, you're looking for a party place, this would not be the hotel for you. We did alot of walking and looking at other properties and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Wouldn't stay anywhere else

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in March, went entirely based on the recommendations of trip advisor reviews. Larry met us and shook hands, introduced himself, asked about us, made it clear they were there to make our vacation enjoyable. We had a few unique circumstances which required some flexibility, and the staff was more than gracious in helping and didn't act as if any of it was a hassle for them (which it was). The rooms are spotless, the beds are great, the kitchen is stocked - you won't find anything missing. The patios are nice, everyone gets a view of the ocean, they have double sliding glass doors, meaning you can really open up your room to a breeze. Bathrooms were very large, excellent water pressure, well stocked and lit. Location couldn't be better, either. Fort Myers buses stop right outside the hotel, convenience store across the street, and all the bars and restaurants you could want are within a 5 minute walk to Times Square. The beach truly was pristine. We walked all the way down to the north end of the beach one morning and found out that Edison Beach House was the only property which cleans its beaches - this results in clean sand, but also soft sand - after rain and use, the sand gets as hard as pavement. I don't know if any hotels south of the Edison rake their beaches, but needless to say this was a big plus. We would recommend renting bikes to get around - Edison has a bike rack, you'll get around quicker than in a car or bus due to traffic. For what it's worth, the hotel is definitely one of the best looking aesthetically on the strip - many of the hotels are older with horrific colors - Edison is classy in appearance. Saw many families with kids, pool is nice, outdoor bath facilities, security locked entrance doors at night. If/when we go back, we won't stay anywhere else.

Marvelous Experience!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jerrytravel

My wife and I stayed at the Edison Beach Hotel on Fort Myers Beach for 7 days recently.Everything I had read in your reviews was true!The room was immaculate,the friendly service and management attitude so superior to most other hotels that it would difficult to compare.The rooms have a magnificant view of the Gulf...the beach is cleaned and power raked each morning...the pool cleaned daily...but the service and professionalism of the owner,Larry,just so incredible that it made our stay just perfect. I didn't realize properties like this still existed.

WmJerome Maurer
Springfield,Missouri

Nice but some overkill

by TripAdvisor Member debijo61

We just returned from a five night stay at Edison. The resort was as reported....spotless. I was a bit disappointed that we had booked an A suite, which looked down on a parking lot, after listening to the recommendations of the reservationist who told me it did not face the lot. This suite didn't have much of a view and I would have paid extra to get an ocean view if I would have known up front this one was above a public lot which was crowded and noisy! The pool was clean but very small. I mean maybe a dozen people could fit in it at one time, and I estimate there were three times that many trying to fit in while we were there -- the end of spring break. The beach was clean, the restaurants and grocery store close by, which was convenient and helped save $$ on meals since we could cook in the room with everything furnished that we needed. Now the kicker....we are a middle aged couple with a pre-teen daughter. On our last night the three of us sat on the beach after sunset looking at the stars and relaxing, having a bottle of wine (not our daughter, just us) and the owner scared us when he screamed down at us, acted like we were out of control and wanted to know close to our name, rank, and SSN. it was a little much.....on our last day we checked out in plenty of time, then sat by the pool for a couple of hours until it was time to leave for the airport. we were gently reminded twice during those two hours that other guests might need the chairs. after spending over $1,000 for five days it didn't feel so great to be gently guided out. all in all it was a nice trip and nice place to stay but a little too close for comfort and a little too territorial by the owner. i'm glad i went, for the most part good, probably won't stay there next time though.

Back again......

by TripAdvisor Member amdew2

Just back from my second stay at the EBH with my girlfirend(Trish)... Same week as last year... same great place... Larry upgraded the rooms with 47" big screen TV's... that was nice to see... but man.. is it huge... We had a great time again and nothing has changed... great service, great place, clean, close to everything..... If your looking for a resort that has it all.... ala, Sandals.. this isn't it... EBH has about 25 rooms and is a nice small private hotel... We're both middle age and tink it's great for us to get away from it all.. quiet, homey, yet not too over the edge.... plans for next year are already in the works....

Awesome Edison

This is a great all suites hotel to stay at. The have the friendliest workers there and the suites are very clean. They go out of there way to make your stay here the best vacation.

Comments