Holiday Inn Fort Myers Beach

Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach
Wyndham.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Costs 53% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• OK for the Budget Traveler

This hotel is a great choice for the budget traveler. It has some things to offer but is very far from the center of town and the traffic is awful. The hotel itself seems to be trying to create an island look and feel. They have met 50% of the goal at this point. The service in the hotel was mediocre, I had some issues checking in as I waited a while before someone came out from the back to get something else. Not friendly and def not a good value for the price paid.

I reserved a King Poolside and was told they were out of those rooms but they would upgrade me to a beach view. Little did I know it would be a view from the parking lot and the room was ground floor with parking lot just outside. I was there for 4 days and mentioned that I would not mind moving to another since it was very noisy and not pleasant. I was told the rate I paid $109.00 was not enough to be on poolside. Of course I asked what the difference would be and they told me 40.00 per night. Hardly worth it at this property. Beach front (one of the 4) I may have been able to justify the cost.

The room was small (they could not change this) and the room had a foul odor of mold and or funk that was not comfortable. Understand this property may be for a family, I am confused why they allow the kids to run crazy up and down the breezeways all night.

The room was not very clean and seemed to be a "cheap" room. I can only assume the rest of the hotel is the same.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Get a place on the beach

What more could you want, on the beach, 103 rooms, parking, pool, not far from any attractions in the area. Shopping close by, restaurants and of course the BEACH!

More about Holiday Inn Fort Myers Beach

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Ft Myers Beach in April, what a fantastic trip. The beach is wonderful. I read a previous review about the beach being 500 yards away- that isn't true- the hotel sits right on the sand facing the gulf, you walk on the sand for about 200 yards to get to the water- it doesn't get any better! The view will take your breath away! The rooms were good but very clean and the staff was wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel. We'll be back.

Unpleasent Memories!

Arrived to discover that the 'Gulf-View' room was about 500 yards fron the beach and obscured by a few dozen volleyball courts set up for a national tournament, which continued all weekend long.
The room itself had numerous maintenance related problems.
To make matters worse, the front desk clerk applied my cash deposit to someone else's room and did not know how to correct the situation. Even the manager was not helpful or friendly.

Waverunner Dolphin TOur

by TripAdvisor Member gweber

Waverunner dolphin tour here is absolutely the best!! Starting at the south end of the island means you get right into the back bay where you do all of the dolphin viewing. The rental booth is behind the hotel where the green chairs and cabanas are. We saw pods of dolphin, a manta ray, ospreys and even saw some manatees today. The guide says you dont see the manatees every day so we were lucky. This was so worth it! Better than anything else in FL! Easiest way to get reservations is through midislandwatersports. Ginger and Chris have owned for 15 years. By the way, there is no traffic now and off season rates are on!!

Wonderful Tropical Paradise!!!

I stayed here the first week in may and it was wonderful. The staff is friendly as can be, and the atmosphere couldnt be better!!! The beach is absolutely beautiful! Its maybe a 200 yard walk to the actual water but the view is breath taking!
The rooms were very clean and well kept. The front desk staff is wonderful!
There is plenty to do in the area and a trolly to take you anywhere you need to go on the beach!
I would recommend this great resort to everone!

Had a great family vacation

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 10 days and I have to say we had a great time. I have 2 children ages 7 & 8 and they could go all over the place and keep themselves entertained with no worries. The pool was right outside our room and the beach a few steps away. The beach is HUGE!! Be prepared to walk to get to the Gulf, as it is the longest beach I have ever stayed at. The Tiki Bar & Grill had music every day and on Wednesday had "Crab Races". A lot of fun for the whole family and the money ($2. per crab) goes to the Red Cross. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were clean, what more can you say about rooms? You use them to sleep in. We had great low prices, and for the price, they were fine. I would stay at the Holiday Inn again.

Dump - Dump - Dump - Dump

I have read the other post and thought I would write my opinions. I was not at all impressed with the Holiday Inn at Fort Myers Beach. When I arrived my room that I reserved was not available and they told me that the guest that was in the room decided to stay a few extra days and there was really nothing they could do. I was very specific in making the reservation and was disappointed when I did not get what was reserved. When arriving on the property I was put into a smoking king room on the parking lot side that had a pungent smell of mold and moisture. I called to the desk to ask them about the mold and was told about a year ago they had some bad storms and some of the rooms still had mold. I understand that Florida has mold all over but when you see it on the walls, pillows and furniture it is a direct result of poor management. After calling back to the desk to ask for more pillows and clean linens, I was told that there was no one to get them for me until the morning and the desk person hung up on me. When she was hanging up, I heard comments related to me. Not professional at all. The dining room was good but the food quality was marginal.

The final straw was when I was checking out, the desk person asked how was my stay and I made a few comments about my issues and they told me that I would have been happier at the Lani Kai. Who lets these people in the business to deal with the public. My stay cost over 400.00 and I left thinking I would never return to the area. I also forwarded this letter to the chamber of commerce for the Fort Myers Beach area. I hope more people look at this and perhaps make a good decision based on the truth and not items that the workers at the hotel write.

Very mediocre/ wouldn't stay for vacation

by TripAdvisor Member KEA322

I stayed here for 3 nights in June. It is nice in location that it is on the beach but I didn't think there was anything special about the hotel. The staff was OK, the rooms were very small and not immaculate. It was also difficult at times to get a parking spot by our room because all the beachgoers park there. It is an alright place to stay if you won't be there much. I'd also recommend Priceline to get a much cheaper rate for a hotel on Estero Island. I got the room at half off.

Good deal for the money

by TripAdvisor Member ProTravelor

We stayed at the Holiday Inn this past weekend for our anniversary. We had arrived very late and reserved a pool side room, but when we checked in they said it was never noted. Since it was so late, we just took the room the gave us which ended up being even better! It was still a king size bed non-smoking room, but was on the second floor facing the parking lot with a great view of the ocean! Even though it was not an oceanview directly facing the ocean you could still see it. They even gave us a discount for being inconvenienced. We ate breakfast at the restaurant, all you can eat buffet, was very good. Both Saturday and Sunday morning they had volleyball tournaments going on, it was fun to sit and watch. In all we were very satisfied with our stay, would stay here again.

Comments