Lovers Key Beach Club and Resort

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Lovers Key Beach Club and Resort

Lovers Key

by tpangelinan

While your at Fort Myers Beach you should check out Lovers Key just over the other bridge at the other end of Estero Blvd. This is a neat little island and park. Take a walk out to the beach there and find a cool driftwood filled beach. You must pay an entrance fee of $3.00, but there are pinic areas, bike paths all over, bike rentals, bird watching. Lots to do for the nature lover.

Lovers Key State Park

by AnnS

Lovers Key State Park is another excellent place to observe nature. It's a barrier island, just south of Fort Myers Beach and has nature trails and two miles of beautiful beach. There is a visitor centre and if you don't want to walk from there to the beach, you can catch a little tram.

It's an area of great natural beauty and it's easy to spend a whole day there. You can buy drinks and snacks at one place on the beach but if you prefer solitude, it's very easy to find.

You can obvserve many birds and animals in the Park and every time you go, you are likely to see something different.

we would take them to Lovers...

by sandollar

we would take them to Lovers Key park and to Dinner at Anthony,s on The Gulf. I love to go Shelling and watch the beautiful sunsets

wildlife and nature at the Gulf coast

by sphynxxs

When in Florida, I usually stay in Lehigh Acres, near the Gulf Coast and Ft. Myers. One of my favorite spots in the region is the J.N.Ding Wildlife Park - easily accessable by car, and a heaven for seabirds. Alligators can easily be spotted in the swamps as well, and in the park Center there are lots of explanation about the ecological system of mangrove forests

Another all-time favorite of mine is Lovers Key state park south of Ft Myers - it´s just a small nature park, but it can make you feel like Robinson Crusoe - a "wild" beach, not too crowded, where you can watch the pelicans fishing, look for shells or just relax and enjoy the sun

If the way to the Everglades seems too far, I recommend the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary south of Naples - another nature park with hiking trails across swamp cypresses and frequent sightings of racoons, alligators, and all kind of birds

Lovers KeyLovers Key

Lovers Key State ParkLovers Key State Park

An Entrance to Lovers Key State ParkAn Entrance to Lovers Key State Park

The Beach at Lovers Key State ParkThe Beach at Lovers Key State Park

by SarahTony

Hi
We have just booked a vacation to Lovers key resort in the Fort Myers Beach area...looking for information about what to do with 2 kids aged 9 and 12. Where are the best value and fun restaurants in this area! All information gratefully received.
Thanks.

by kiwi

For advertising your own pages here TD I recommend you offer to take the kids off these nice people and let them be lovers in Lovers' Key!!
;-)

Re: Re: Information wanted about Fort Myers Beach

by janiac

Just got back from Sanibel (thanks TropicDiver for your help pre-trip). I had a 10-year-old girl and 13-year-old boy. We did the beach, tried to do the boat trip at J.Ding Refuge, but tides prevented it. They have kayaks there too, did the J Ding Drive. I drove to Everglades City, which is about an hour from Sanibel and did an airboat tour, boat tour and safari. Kids really liked the airboat and were excited to see manatees. I also did drive four hours to Orlando to Universal Islands of Adventure (left at 5:00 a.m., had a full day at the park, and was back by about 10:00 p.m.) A closer park is Busch Gardens in Tampa, which I hear is nice (about two hours from Sanibel). There were nice mini golf places in Fort Myers beach too. We never did do the dolphin night cruise, but I know that was offered. Any questions, just reply and I'll get back to you.

by janiac

One other thing, I learned on Sanibel and it may be true in the surrounding area as well, but the serving portions in the local restaurants (not chains) were very substantial. You may want to glance around before you order, because I know twice I would have just split a lunch with one of my kids rather than order two items. They were huge!!

Re: Re: Information wanted

by janiac

Thanks, Tropic Diver, I'm hoping to, but I'll never be able to compete against your great work! By the way, we unfortunately hit a week affected by the aftermath of the Red Tide. Sadly, there were lots of dead tube things and shell egg cases on the beach, which were almost gone by the time we left

Re: Re: Information wanted

by janiac

very true, because we drove to Captiva and J Ding. Captiva had absolutelly no signs of it, and the people at J. Ding seemed unaware of it when some people asked about it. I did hear our bartender in the hotel pool area say that she heard Fort Myers had somehow cleaned up their side. But everyone I talked to said that they had never seen it like this, so my mom and I decided this means we'll just have to go back again!

by SarahTony

Thank you all for your advice. We are interested in anything to do with nature particularly dolphins and would love to go horse riding if available.

Re: thank you

by janiac

I know Captiva offered dolphin cruises.

Comments