7630 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, Florida, 33941, United States
Orbitz.com CheapTickets.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Fort Myers Beach

Funky beach town setting in Fort Myers Beach, FLFunky beach town setting in Fort Myers Beach, FL

yucatan bar & grillyucatan bar & grill

Swimming in the GulfSwimming in the Gulf

Large Stone CrabsLarge Stone Crabs

Fort Myers/ Sanibel

by lsymens

What is the best location to visit between Fort Myers,
Sanibel Island, Marco and Captiva islands? Just want to relax and maybe do a couple of attraction tours.
Have never been to Florida, I love the carribean and live near Galveston, which is not so pretty. Brown sand and brown water. Thanks

Re: Fort Myers/ Sanibel

by lucysgirl

I would definitely stay on Sanibel Island. There are lots of accommodations in various price ranges. It's a narrow island, so you will be on the beach or close to it, wherever you stay. Captiva is also lovely, but few places to stay, except for a large resort. You can easily explore both islands by bicycle. Check out the Bubble Room restaraunt on Captiva. Very busy in the evening- lunch is a better time to visit.
I have stayed at all of the locations you mentioned. I don't care for Marco Island or Fort Myers Beach- very commercial. Sanibel/Captiva are paradise.

Re: Re: Fort Myers/ Sanibel

by lsymens

Thank You so much for the advice. I booked my stay in sanibel, so I feel a relief. I have never even heard of these places until I found them on the internet. I was looking for places in key largo and thought maybe something a little more quiet might be better.
Thanks again. And yes my mother is going and loves shelling.

Re: Fort Myers/ Sanibel

by kimij

I'm glad you booked sanibel it really is paradise..
however for your attractions ,if you have the car I'd recommend going south to the everglades,north to busch gardens and if you want to shop, east to sawgrass mills mall between miami and ft lauderdale.
happy holiday kim

Travel Tips for Fort Myers Beach

Horny little lizzards!

by tpangelinan

Each morning we woke up, grabbed our cup of coffee, went out to the pool sat down, relaxed and drank our coffee and each morning the big lizzard was try to get the little lizzard. they would do this cat & mouse thing for at least 15 minutes, I would get up go get my camera and of course by the time I got back it was all over and gone. So this morning I had my camera as we went out to the pool and there they were again do their dance. Just thought it rather strange to see and thought I would share it. When we were living in Delaware we didn't have lizzards running around, but here in Georgia is a different story.

Go to see the J.N. Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge

by tpangelinan

We highly suggest going over to Sanibel and visit the J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge. If you love bird watching and wildlife it is a must do, you can do a drive, bike or walk through. entrance is $5 per car, $1 per bike or hiker and kids under 15 free. If you have a Golden access passport, Golden age or National park issue card it free, I flashed mine and went right through. It's a go at your own pace, nice easy drive and you can stop any where long the way. Look closely because the wildlife is there. this is a great way to spend the afternoon and educate the little ones. We saw many types of birds even an Osprey mama & baby. Enjoy the relaxing 4 mile drive through the refuge and take time to stop and look around you may be supprised at what you see.

fort myers beach florida

by doug48

"fort myers beach"

fort myers beach is located south west of fort myers on estero island. of interest to the tourist is it's beautiful beach and salt water fishing. the town of fort myers beach has numerous hotels, restaurants, and bars. fort myers beach is not as upscale and is less expensive than nearby sanibel island and captiva. fort myers beach attacts families and tourists on a budget. as with all southwest florida beach towns hotel prices are much higher in the winter tourist season.

Fort Myers Beach

by Simonneeddy

"GREAT VIEW"

Bad beach day high winds and cloudy. My pictures of this visit were poor quality like this one for some reason so This is all I have. ( There had been the tail end of a hurricaine just before we arrived.) We stayed a month and the weather was very warm except for this one day.
The sun sets here were out of this world and there was a tour sail boat with red sails that always went out to sea at sunset. You know the song "RED SAILS IN THE SUNSET". It always came to mind.
Every morning we would get up early and take a 2 mile walk down the beach one way and the next morning the other way. I had had a heart valve replacement the year before so had to do a lot of walking to exercise.
There were seadoos for rent, a lighter than air aireoplane to give you a tour of the beach area which stretched for 8 miles also a parachute ride pulled by a high speed boat.
It was not safe at that time to walk around the streets at night ( robberies were common). No one was allowed on the beach after dark and there was a constant police patrol of the beach.----------------------------------------
We were about 10 minutes by car from the city where every type of service was available and great restaurants.----------------------------------------------
More expensive here than in Daytona for Hotels, Motel