2310 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach, Florida, 33931, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Neptune Inn

Loved the Neptune Inn

by TripAdvisor Member davisw4

After reading about the various hotels on Ft Myers Beach, I decided that the Neptune Inn was the one for our family. I booked it thru Travelocity and got a deal better than offered booking directly with the Inn.

We arrived late on July 17th, and the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was a little dated, but comfortable. It was nice to have a kitchen for the kids. On the second day of our stay, the staff invited all families to a hotdog cookout. We got to meet the management and sales developers for the renovations. If you are planning a trip to Ft Myers Beach, I would suggest staying here before it's too late. Once renovations are completed, the nice inexpensive beachfront hotel will be gone. It is being remodeled into one and two bedroom condos that are being sold in 6 week packages.

We headed to the beach (which you can see as soon as you step outside) to do some shelling and build sand castles. The downside was the Red Tide. My oldest son, age 5, was not impressed with the smell or the dead sea creatures. He was ready to head back to the pool. My 3yr old; however, was totally facinated with all the creatures that washed up. We walked the beach pointing out the fish (including a 70lb grouper), shrimp, crab, and sea snakes. Please note that the City of Ft Myers Beach sends workers out to clean the beach of such things around 10am. We also learned from city workers that this Red Tide was the worst one within the last 30 years. I am happy to report that on the 19th most signs of red tide were gone. The ocean was back to a nice blue color and only a few fish were coming ashore.

The property has two pools; however, we only used the one closest to the ocean. You could relax in the pool and still watch the dophins playing in the water. There are plenty of lounge chairs so that you could also relax by the pool.

If you have a family with young children, I would definately suggest staying here. I believe all of the guests (while we were there) were families.

Loved Neptune Inn

by TripAdvisor Member jsknc

This was a great place....clean and convenient and a good price. We met so many nice people here and lots of kids for my son to play with. We will definitely go back.

Absolute Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member camerohd

Stayed at the Neptune Inn in January 2006 for a week. My sister and I have tried several hotels in Fort Myers Beach over the past 5 years. We finally found the hotel that we'd like to stay at for years to come. Being Canadians, we especially enjoyed the unheated pool. Location was fantastic, rooms were clean. The free internet in the lobby was a bonus.

Hidden Jewel at good rate

by TripAdvisor Member alstr1

We only stayed here one night to take the ferry to Key West and were totally blown away by the Neptune Inn. The rooms ar HUGE they really are allmost efincey apartments. It is located right on the beach and has it own beach really. They have loungers everywhere and have 2 pools on site, BBQ grills and tiki-huts. It really is a good value hotel. The room was clean and tiddy. I highly recomend asking for a unit that faces the water.
Parking was right outside the room and plenty of it. The location is perfect for those taking the ferry to key west. We will definatly stay here again.

Great beachfront hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member joshua'smom

We stayed at the Neptune Inn for our anniversary weekend. The hotel was very clean and well kept although you could tell that it was built a long time ago. The view from the pool front room was nice because you could see the ocean also. The pools were nice and clean and you could see the ocean from them. There were a lot of kids so it would be nice for a family. There was also an outside cooking area which was nice for large groups. The beach was ok. I am not really a fan of west coast of FL beaches but the sunset is nice. The beaches on the east coast (Ft. Lauderdale) are nicer in my opinion, not as much seaweed. Most of the stores on the island were beach novelty stores so don't expect nice shopping. We did eat a a very good resturant called the British Pub, or something like that. The hotel had a coupon for a free bottle of wine with dinner. Overall we enjoyed it and would go back.

Retro & Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member LoveTheJourney

Stayed at Neptune Inn for two nights. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the area and the hotel. This is an old-style (but updated) U-shaped motel with pool area in the middle and all rooms facing/opening onto pool/beach. The two pools are right on the beach. The pool/courtyard area is nicely landscaped with large palm trees and plenty of chairs to go around. There were two shaded pavillion areas and I saw at least two grills so bring your charcoal. Beach was nice but the water is more like a bay than open ocean...kind of brown and dirty looking. However, Captiva & Sanibel islands are right across the bridge from Ft. Myers beach and were stunningly beautiful. This was my first visit to the are and found Ft. Myers beach to be a typical Florida beach-strip although a little cleaner and quieter than some. Our room was large and comfortable with a table & kitchenette area. Mini-fridge did not work. The hotel does not use key-card access for rooms and we fought a great deal with our metal key to get into our room...a few times it took at least five minutes to get in. The lady at the front desk during the day was uninterested in the problem and quite unhelpful. Other staff were very friendly however. I got stuck inside the room one time as the door knob would not turn until it was kicked hard a few times to loosen it back up. Good value for the money but I plan to pay a little more and stay on Captiva or Sanibel next time.

Found a treasure on the beach in Fla.

by TripAdvisor Member MMischeif

What a great last minute find for prime season. This IS the best place to stay on Fort Myers Beach. The rooms are modest, but clean and have most of what anyone would need to make it home...which is how we felt when we were there. A full small kitchen area (microwave avail. to rent) and grills to cook on. Within walking distance to restaurants, bars, and grocery. Once you are on property there is no need for a car. Room door was about 200 ft. to beach and 300 ft from the ocean. Lovely landscaping, a few pools and pleanty of great neighbors to chat with and have a drink with while watching the sunset. Staff was friendly, accomodating and went out of their way to provide their guest with the best available experience. A place to go back to year after year. We extended our trip 5 days we enjoyed it so much! The only thing missing was a hot tub. They plan to remodel, but I can't wait to go back!!!!!!!

Best Place Ever

We just got back from the Neptune last Saturday, and it truly is a great hotel. The people there are helpful, its clean, its got a great beach and nice pools...and it doesn't cost nearly as much as some other hotels there do. I talked to the receptionist before we left about the rumor that they were selling, and she told me what the current plans are. They are redoing the rooms and pool area, and will be "deeded fractional ownership" for some of the rooms. The receptionist assured me that they have been told that about 60% of the rooms will still be open for regular vacationers such as myself.
This year was my 3rd time at the Neptune, and my 5th time at Ft. Myers Beach and it truly is an awesome place. You can walk anywhere you need to go, whether it be to the store or out to eat for dinner. It really is quicker to walk than drive!! I can't wait to go back!

A Wonderful Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Deborah253

Booked this vacation about 4 months in advance all based on the reviews from TripAdvisor. We were NOT disappointed.

The hotel is on a Beautiful stretch of beach (except our visit was during red tide so we didn't swim in the beach water). The sand is so beautiful and soft and white. The hotels 2 pools were wonderful to keep us cool. The rooms were clean and perfect for us. I traveled in a group of 12 (including my husband and 2 small children -- ages 5 and 1). Other guests in my group were my husband's relatives. We had 3 rooms in a row (including a beach-front room) and we prepared all of our meals using the kitchens in our rooms. Your room is literally feet from the beach and super convenient when travelling with small children.

The staff at the Neptune are all very friendly and helpful. Other guests at the Neptune appeared to be families with young children as well. The bbq's were used quite often by many guests, the shaded picnic tables were great for eating meals together as a group. We loved every minute and hated having to leave.

We took a side trip to the Naples Zoo which my children loved, checked out the Miramar Shopping Outlets (SUPER prices) and took a kayak tour in the back bays a couple miles down the road from the Neptune. The kayak tour was SUPER!

I did inquire about the future of the Neptune when I was checking out. They will still have rental units available. The beginning of construction is a little behind schedule. If anyone is interested in staying at the Neptune next summer (2007) please contact the hotel in the winter to see how the construction is going.

Nice place, good value

by TripAdvisor Member JoannaN

Excellent location next to the beach. Nice swimming pool. Ordinary but very clean room. It's a great value. Highly recommended.

Comments