Econo Lodge Ft Walton Beach

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Fort Walton Beach

gulfariumgulfarium

see the pier to the left.see the pier to the left.

Garnier Post Office 1918Garnier Post Office 1918

Nature Trail signNature Trail sign

Travel Tips for Fort Walton Beach

# 9 Docie Bass House - 1945

by grandmaR

I wasn't really doing this as a walking tour. Bob was driving me around to the various places to take pictures. The first pictures I took, I took across through the driver's window and as we were passing through the windshield. So the next day, we came back and to get the cemetery, and I took another one of the Bass House which is at 4 First Street across diagonal from the St. Mary's Catholic Church.

Theodore "Docie" Bass was an early Fort Walton Beach builder as well as a prominent community leader, and City Councilman. He married one of the twin daughters of Theodore "Pop" Staff and started the Staff Cafe. The restaurant is still owned by his family. A monument and the City Recreation Center are both named in his honor.

Destin

by keeweechic

Destin and Oklaloosa Island all share and expanse of sand which Fort Walton Beach enjoys. In Destin there is the Old Destin Post Office Museum, Fun parks such as Big Kahuna’s and the Track Recreation Centre, not to forget Silver Sands, the Factory Outlet Mall.

Fast Service

by grandmaR about Sonny's Real Pit BBQ

Floyd "Sonny" Tillman and his wife, Lucille, founded Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q in Gainesville, Florida. The year was 1968. We first came across Sonny's when we ate lunch in the Tallahassee area on the way down to Fort Walton Beach. But there's one of them in Fort Walton Beach too. We had what they called a "Short Ration" for $4.99. I had a pork sandwich with Brunswick Stew, fries and cole slaw and Bob had a beef sandwich with the same. The food came VERY quickly (we were walking in at 11:40 and we had our food by 11:50). This would have been cheap except the iced tea was $1.29 each (very big ones). Lunch was $14.36.

They had a large interesting salad bar, but we didn't have that, and didn't have dessert either.

Great for everyone!

by Yaqui

~ Gulfarium ~
This is the second oldest marine park in America. It has Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, California sea lions, Peruvian penguins, Ridley turtles and other wonderful 14 Gulf-edged exhibits. You must stay for the dolphin show.

My hotel was next to this, so instead of waking up to rooster crowing, I woke up seashore style. Moaning Seals........LOL!
Gotta to love it:-)))))

Beachdave's new Fort Walton Beach Page

by Beachdave

This is where I live. God's country. I have only lived here for a year and wonder each day why it took me so long to find this place. I will write more later and update the site so y'all can see why I refer to it as God's Country.
People come from all over the world to enjoy Daves Beach. Here are people playing volleyball on the white sand of Daves Beach. There are volleyball courts on the beach at most of the motels and condomiums.
Before you leave please take a look at the travelogue "Guys and Gals"

Comments