1500 Miracle Strip Parkway SE, Fort Walton Beach, Florida, 32548, United States

Tags

Windsurfing Fishing Beaches
See Amenities

Good hotel, Terrible Management

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 23, 2012

My family will never stay at another Ramada again and I would never recommend staying here to anyone! We chose this hotel because of the location, price, and all they offered for kids and families! We were happy with everything until someone put a huge dent in our brand new vehicle with their shoe one night! It messed up the door of our car very bad! It wouldn't even close good!
My husband saw it the next morning and went to the office to tell them about it! The girl ( I don't know her name ) that was working the front desk was empathetic towards him and told him he would have to file a report! So my husband called the police and made a report! We discovered then that there are no security cameras anywhere on the premises except the parking deck which is not even halfway close to our building! The police that took our report even said there should be cameras out there! After the report was done I went to talk to the manager because it concerned me that there were no cameras anywhere! It would have helped us for sure! The manager was rude and almost argued with me about why they dont need them! She said the parking lot has lights and two guards on duty all the time and that it was not the police officers place to say they needed cameras! It was like she took it as a personal slap in her face! If you can't handle a concern or a complaint from a paying guest you dont need to be a manager! I realize that the hotel has it posted that they are not responsible for theft or damage to vehicles while on their property but every step they can take to make guests feel secure should be taken!!!

They may not have been able to prevent that from happening, but cameras would have caught who did it and the circumstances around it! The place is to big for no cameras and just two guards riding around together on a little golf cart, which by the way, we never even saw one guard the whole time we were there! If someone was that angry or drunk enough to kick my car without knowing me at all, what would they do to a girl out there by herself or kids? What makes it all worse, is how management acted towards my concern! I believe that managers name was Jennifer!
I will make sure that everyone I talk to knows what happened at that Ramada and how the manager acted about it! Never stay there! The great view and clean room and good maid service means nothing to me now! There are other very nice hotels in the area that are the same price with just as much to offer!

HumblyServingChrist's Profile Photo

Check out the awesome grotto pool!

by written on June 7, 2010

Ramada Plaza Beach Resort

Unique Quality: While in Ft. Walton Beach we stayed at the Ramada Plaza Beach Resort on the Gulf of Mexico. Of all the hotels at which I have stayed, this one has the best pool. The "Grotto Pool" features a swim-up Tiki bar area accessible through two waterfalls and encased by a man-made cave. The resort also has a second large pool as well. It is not a "luxury" level resort, but boasts numerous recreational offerings.

Directions: Okaloosa Island

Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

by written on July 24, 2006

With 335 rooms, the Ramada is the largest hotel on the beach on Okaloosa Island between FWB and Destin. It is right beside Howl at the Moon, the Crab Trap, the Swamp and Anglers so easy to walk home to after a night of drinking and debauchery. They have a pool, beach access, free wireless internet, but very limited parking. Most rooms go from $150 to $200 during the summer. The hotel is a little older and slightly run down (as are all Ramadas from my experience) but the location is prime.

Directions: Okaloosa Island

dgines's Profile Photo

Keep looking

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 24, 2006

My stay at the Ramada was one of my worst hotel experiences. I stayed in two different rooms and in both rooms it was difficult to sleep through the night due to noisy hotel guests. My first room was near the hotel's parking lot/garage entrance. I was woken up 4-5 times a night by: (1) folks having conversations while walking past my room and standing in front of my room for a lengthy period of time(both weekdays and weekends); (2) the ice machine just outside the door; and, (3) people checking out/in carrying baggage up the stairs right in front of the room hitting their luggage on the railing so it sounds like a xylophone. That wasn't even the worst part of my stay. One morning I ordered room service and the delivery boy decided to add more to his tip. I found out about it when I checked out and saw it on my final bill.

Unique Quality: There is a small water park for kids and a Grotto bar hidden beneath a water fall in the hotel's main pool.

Directions: On 98/Miracle Strip Pkwy next to the Anglers/Crab Shack/The Swap

lilbunnygirl's Profile Photo

Excellent Front Desk Service...Poor Maid Service

by written on February 19, 2004

The government chose our hotel, and overall I couldn't complain. The pool, with waterfall and swim up bar, was fantastic, and the location can't be beat.

The front desk was extremely helpful, both before our arrival, and during our stay. They were always willing to go the extra mile to help.

The rooms were standard generic hotel room, nothing special but nothing to complain about.

My only real complaint with the Ramada was that the maid rarely got to our room before 5 pm.

Unique Quality: Like I said, the pool was wonderful and the beach was only steps away.

The hotel restaurant was not very good, but there's several great ones within walking distance.

A word of caution, the courtyard times are incredibly slippery when wet, especially if you are wearing flip-flops. Walk with caution unless you want to fall on your bum to the amusement of your fellow guests.

Nearby Ramada Plaza Hotel Beach Resort

• Ramada Fort Walton Beach
  • Fort Walton Beach Ramada
  • Ramada Plaza Beach Hotel Fort Walton Beach

Address: 1500 Miracle Strip Parkway SE, Fort Walton Beach, Florida, 32548, United States

3 Photos of Ramada Plaza Hotel Beach Resort

• Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Fort Walton Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Fort Walton Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Fort Walton Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Fort Walton Beach hotel reviews

Gulf Islands National Seashore - Naval Live Oaks
Dolphins at the Gulfarium
Sea Lion Show at the Gulfarium
Things to Do
Sonny's Barbecue - no relation to Daddy's!
Restaurants
Crab and shrimp to die for....!
Indian Temple Mound Museum