915 Harrelson Drive, Fort Walton Beach, Florida, 32547, United States

More about Fort Walton Beach

henderson beachhenderson beach

fudpuckersfudpuckers

Santa Rosa Island in the distanceSanta Rosa Island in the distance

Sunset approaching at Hurlburt Field, Feb 2006Sunset approaching at Hurlburt Field, Feb 2006

Travel Tips for Fort Walton Beach

#5 Buchanan House - 1935

by grandmaR

16 First Street S.E.

This house was build by Erwin S. Buck and his son-in-law Alford Buchanan, who built many of the other early houses in the area. He was an early postmaster in Camp Walton and also established the town's first general store at Buck's Landing. Not open to the public.

It depends on the time of year

by spartan

For the most part, one large piece of luggage will do the trick. In the summertime, shorts, t-shirts, swim suits and some casual outfits will be just fine. In the fall and winter time, light jackets and slacks will fit the bill. Regular camera and film will do.

Named for a Container Ship

by grandmaR about Sealand

When we went to the condo meeting to tell us about the area, the lady that was doing the presentation recommended this restaurant as one that had early bird specials and was reasonable.

The restaurant was named for the ship (probably one of the Sealand-Marek group) that picked up the proprietor when he was escaping from Viet Nam in a boat. Our informant told us about the rescue and there was a posted copy of an newspaper article about it. She also told us about the family history - I took a picture of the part of the menu which talks about that (photo 5)

It is right on the main highway (photo 3). Apparently they also do take-out. They were expecting a large party of 60 but they seated us in the back. They had early bird specials from 4:30 to 6:30 for $10.95 (photo 4). Tables had nice white tablecloths and there were maroon cloth napkins. Our booth had a mirror on the wall behind it.

Bob got prime rib and I got chicken parmesan (photo 2). Each came with a vegetable or potato and a salad and bread (nice crusty rolls). Bob got a baked potato, and I got steamed rice. After tax the bill was $23.31

gulfarium

by doug48

the gulfarium is fort walton beach's aquarium. this beachside aquarium has dolphin shows and a living sea tank. if you are expecting seaworld you will be disapointed but this a very nice place to take children when in the fort walton beach area.

Fort Walton Beach

by Yaqui

"Make some new trails!"

Was given another wonderful opportunity to visit and enjoyed myself once again. The meeting for work were very long, but at least when I went back to my condo I had the best view of the beach that anyone can imagine. Even though it was cold some days and rainy I enjoyed my stay. The food was great and my co-workers were awesome. I have never laughed so much in such a long time. I still had lots of homework to do, but at least I felt relaxed finally. Did some more sightseeing, so I hope you enjoy my page. Each time I adventure out to a new place, it just makes me want to do more. So happy trailes everyone and may you make some new paths for others to follow and enjoy!!

Fort Walton was known both as Brooks Landing when John Thomas Brooks and his family settled here in 1868 and Camp Walton for the Civil War encampment by the Walton Guards. It was renamed Fort Walton when a Civil War cannon was discovered in 1932 and excavated from an Indian mound in the present downtown area on Santa Rosa Sound. In the last two decades, growth in Fort Walton Beach has slowed, and today the City looks towards innovative and exciting ways to bring the spirit of yesterday into the plans of today and tomorrow.

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

"Beautiful White Sand"

This was in 2004 my last visit: Gosh, what can I say about the beautiful white sand and emerald waters! Except it rained the whole damn time......lol! Still I had a great time there and met some wonderful special people!;-))) My hotel was next to the Gulfarium, so instead of waking up to rooster crowing, I woke up seashore style. Moaning Seals........LOL! Gotta to love it:-)))))

"Here's To Meeting Great Friends!!!"

I will tell you, everyone I came in contact with was so friendly and helpful. This made for a very nice visit!

Comments