More about Atlantic Sands Beach Suites
Home away from home!!
I loved our visit with Atlantic Sands, the place was very clean and close to the beach, Staff was friendly and efficient. The owner Dori was excellant made sure you were treated like family. My children loved being there and can't wait to return. I would return and recommend this place to anyone who seeking a place to stay on Hollywood Beach.
Basically a 1 star motel with an amazing concierge.
Having looked at all of the reviews, it was a no brainer... This looked to be the place to stay in Hollywood. We were wrong. We stayed for a week in Aug.
Here are my pros and cons
1. The area - There are a ton of motel style rental units on the beach in Hollywood, this is not one of them. The Atlantic sands is set back about a block away from the beach area, with other buildings between it and the beach. You are more then just a few steps from the ocean. Sure it is not really a hike or anything, but the view from my "porch" was the back of another building.
2. The "suite" - While it is clean, it is not very nice. You get a mix of old furniture that looks like it had been picked up in a secondhand shop and painted white. The drawers on the dressers would not pull out without moving the entire dresser. The bed was a queen and was very uncomfortable. The bedding itself was gross and was quickly removed and replaced by us. The shower/bath ran orange every time you turned it on and flooded the tub with about 6 inches of water when you showered. There is no maid service, so get used to taking out your own garbage. The front door has a window in it that looks directly in the bedroom. There is no shade on this window or any way to cover it. Some of our neighbors hung T-shirts and other things over their windows, we found some push pins and covered it the same way. There are two buildings that make up the motel, and I guess we stayed in the older side. We heard that the other building was newer and nicer... I am guessing that is where the pictures on their web page come from.
To be fair about the maid service, they do disclose it to you when you book the room. We didn't think it was such a big deal when we booked, but after being there for a few days we really missed it. After staying a week we had so much sand in our place, and we wished we could have just had someone come in and mop it up. We stopped at some of the neighboring motel/hotel places and they all provided daily maid service (and had a cheaper daily rate as well). We are not sure why they do not provide it, but they should.
3. The cookout - They advertise on their web page about having there wonderful cookouts. None of the residents went to the cookout besides us, and they served store bought hotdogs. There was no chicken, fish, or veggie options for people to eat if they didn't like pork hotdogs. We left and had dinner in town.
4. The net - There is no way to get connected to the net. The Hollywood wireless net that they advertise doesn't seem to exist. The owner was informed about this and said she would contact the tech guy and that was the last we ever heard about it.
1. Sunny Florida - Sure, we did not like the place, but we loved sunny Florida. There was so much to see and do, we made the best of it. The only bad thing was passing all of the much nicer places to stay on our drives.
2. The owners - It was tough for me to write this review because the owners were so nice. You can tell that they are really trying, but it is tough to write a good review just based on good intentions. They were always willing to let us use their computer to dial in to the net to check our email or to make dinner reservations for us. We did appreciate their help, and they made our vacation better... It is just not enough to overcome the terrible room.
We would not come back. While the owners were nice, in the end it is just a dumpy motel with personal service. When we realized that we could have spent less and had maid service if we had stayed somewhere else, we felt as if we had been taken for something of a ride. Not recommended.
Charming Beach Motel
My husband and I stayed at the sands from 8/20-9/08..so we had some time to get familar with the Hollywood area. First I would just like to say that the Sands does not at any time represent its establishment as a five star resort so if that is what your looking for the Diplimat is close by. But I can tell you what it does provide is a charming clean (no gross bedding)comfortable efficiency loaded with carefully thought out amenities. We stayed in the newer unit which had a great view of the ocean. There is a small acess road you have to cross to get to the beach which is basically 30 to 40 feet from the front door. Across that road is a great ice cream/coffee shop which we found greatly convenient. I also was able to view one of the older units which Susan so graciously showed me while she was cleaning. It had a sweet vintage look ...Loved it! So if you are looking for the feel of being in your own private beach apartment with all the comforts look no further its right here. We adored everything about this place right down to the owners. We had a great time and we cant wait to do it again next year.Thank You Dori & Gary for your hospitality.
We had a great stay at the lovely Atlantic Sands. It's very close to the beach and the boardwalk. We loved our morning walks on the beach. Walking distance to good restaurants and bars. Good location, about 20 minutes to Miami Beach. Very friendly and helpful owners. We would love to stay there again!!!
Great family atmosphere
We stayed at the Atlantic Sands with our two children (8 and 2) and had a great time. Dori and Gary made us feel right at home and were always here to help. In the end we fell like part of the family and practically were as Dori's niece spent time with us.
The hotel is a few steps from the Broadwalk and there, you can really relax under the palm trees while the kids play in the sands. Hollywood Beach is all about families and old time fun.
At the Sands, you can use the communal BBQ and cook healthy meals for yourself and the family.
Strongly recommended, we will be back.
The Perfect family stay!
The Atlantic Sands is a little clean and cozy hotel just steps away from the beach, it has a courtyard where you can relax, cook on the grill or sunbathe. The clean kitchen, bathroom and crisp sheets made me feel like I was at home. The little kitchen is equiped with everything you need to make at least one special meal. You will love the attention to detail, Dori Lynn and Dori even have a beach chair inside the front closet ready to go when you walk to the beach!. This hotel is perfect for a family stay!.
Feel at Home in S Florida
I just want to say Thank you to the Atlantic sands for a very enjoyable vacation. The location is great right next the boardwalk, there were so many things to do. From going to the beach to dinning by the ocean.The location is not far from either Miami or Fort Lauderdale, and the staff was very pleasent and accomadating. I plan on definatly returning for another stay at Atlantic sands, where I can feel at home while i'm on vacation.
Matt G Go
Home from Home
We had a wonderful stay at the Altantic Sands in November 2005, the vacation was part of my 60th birthday celebrations which Dori and her family helped make extra special.
The motel is just literally steps away from the beautifully clean and safe Hollywood beach and boardwalk.
The motel provides those nice extra touches like beach towels and beach chairs making it seem like a real home from home. We would recommend this "little gem" to both older citizens and families with young children wanting a safe and relaxing beach holiday. We found it extremely easy getting around, there is a local bus which leaves from the top of the street which takes you to Hollywood itself, which has a good choice of restaurants and bars, althought there are plenty of eating places close to the motel.
We were very sad to leave the Atlantic Sands and can't wait to return again.
This is a well-located budget hotel with very few amenities, no maid service, in fair condition. It is a mom and pop operation at its best or worst depending on your point of view. Hollywood Beach is in danger of being swallowed up by big hotel corporations. So, I would like to support small hotels like the Atantic Sands. But if you are used to a certain measure of comfort and service, you'd probably be better off somewhere else.
We had a wonderful stay in early April. The room and location were perfect. Amazing space for clothes and personal items. Our room allowed for flow-through ventilation, so we never used the AC. The kitchen items were great for cooking at the room and on the grill outside. Being a few feet from the beach, meant we could swim or walk the shore with ease. The restaurants along the boardwalk were all close, meaning, no hassle or driving, when we wanted to grab a snack. Parking was also no problem, which was very welcome. A great community and great alternative to the chain hotels. We enjoyed meeting your grandmother. Nice that she recalled our relatives from across the street and years ago. Everything was great. No pictures, we were having too much fun. We hope to do it again sometime.