2520 Stirling Road, Hollywood, Florida, 33020, United States

Satisfaction Poor

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• A horrible experience

I would not recommend this hotel for my dogs stay. I had the worst experience at this hotel. I checked in originally for a two night stay. My reservations were for a king room with a fridge and microwave. I checked in, my room had neither, I called the front desk and they switched me to a room on the opposite side of the building, but it had the two. I put down my luggage and left to visit family members. I returned in the middle of the night, the air was not working properly, my remote control did not work, to top things off my door would not lock, they said it had a five second delay before locking, well I went downstairs to my vehicle, and came back and it still was unlock. Luckily I did not leave my purse there. Also, the room left a lot to be desired as for cleanliness. I called down to the front desk the next morning only to get a wise ass manager that sent up a maintenance guy with a device to check the amount and temperature of the air being put out by this broke down unit. I had asked for another room and she stated "only after I have maintenance come up and verify that your air is not working properly, then I will see about getting you another room". More or less telling me that I am lying about the air. He came up and tried to smooth things over, he was nice but I was hot and had been hot all night! Needless to say she stated "she was not changing me to another room". I stated I would be checking out and this was not satisfactory for me and I needed to be refunded for the second night because I was leaving. When I arrived at the front desk, the manager had this same little device in her hand talking about me and pointing it at the guys that sell the time shares and tickets for area attractions. I called her over to the desk where I was standing patiently, and I told her, I do not agree with her and that the device was not working accurately because the rest of my room was hot. She stated "the device was right and I was wrong". I checked out needless to say, knowing I would never return to this hotel. I emailed my complaint in and to add insult to injury, they apologized and stated that they had returned my money for the one nights stay to my card. NOT! They have insulted my intelligence not once but twice. They sent me a copy of my original receipt where I had canceled the second night and my receipt shows a refund for the night that I did not stay, not the night that I did stay. They have not only managed to look like jackasses in my eyes but they made the general manager look like a jerk as well for not refunding my nights stay for what I have been thru. Did they think that I was slow, not! I pulled up my account on line and there is no show stating any refund other than the night that I canceled. Just how gullible do these people think that I am.....I am at a loss for words describing this place but I know that I will tell everyone who will stand still long enough to listen about my experience. To give my money back for the one nights stay would be the least that they could do, all they had to do was refund it back to my card, no they think that I am so stupid they could pass off my original receipt for this and see if I catch on. Don't stay here, take my word for it, I have stayed at many hotels but have never had a manager challenge me on something and have never had a general manager blatantly lie about refunding money.

Unique Quality: NONE!

Directions: airport area/cruise port area hollywood, florida

More about Comfort Inn Airport / Cruise Port South

Other than the roaches...

by TripAdvisor Member deaconkimberly

I will never forget staying in this hotel just before a holiday cruise in Dec. 2005. The neighborhood did not appear to be very safe. The pool looked nice and the shuttle was convenient, but the rooms were not only quite shabby but the one I stayed in was filled with roaches. I had to change rooms but then still couldn't sleep because of how disgusting and creepy the roaches were.

Comfort Inn CruisePort Inn South Adequate

by TripAdvisor Member northrivers

We stayed at this hotel because we flew into Ft Lauderdale before our cruise, which departed from Miami the next day. We picked up a free shuttle from the airport, which arrived just as we did. Check in went smoothly, the agents were friendly and efficient. Our room was on the 4th floor and was it was OK. It seemed clean, but you had the impression that it was an older hotel that had been updated at low to moderate expense. It seemed humid in the room, so left the air conditioner on all night (it was February). Can understand why earlier reviews discussed mold issues. It's Florida, it's humid here! The pool area is it's best asset. It is very nice for this grade of hotel. If you want to enjoy a pool area, it is a good choice. The breakfast was good, but it was very crowded. Met some wonderful people who were also cruising. Everybody hangs out at the pool til their shuttles arrive. It was nice to relax around the pool area, getting psyched for our cruise. The shuttles were very well organized. They arrived on time, and since there were so many people leaving at about the same time, we were surprised that it went so well. All in all, the hotel is OK for the price, just don't expect luxury.

Good for a Pre/Post Cruise Stay

by TripAdvisor Member toothfairyNW

We stayed here before our cruise out of Miami and one of the reasons we chose this hotel was they had would be able to pick us up at the airport until midnight. The wait was about 1 hr and they did come after 3 phone calls. After reading a lot of the hotel reviews for this hotel, we were a bit uneasy about what we would find but were pleasantly surprised as it was very adequate for our one night stay. The hotel was recently renovated and even though the rooms are small, they were clean and the furnishings were new. Florida is humid and you will find mold and mildew just for that reason but our room showed no signs of it. The king sized bed was new with a pillow top mattress and nice fluffy pillows. The breakfast was very good but they could enlarge the indoor area where the food is served as it gets quite crowded. Most people eat outside around the pool which is very nice. We would stay here again and recommend it for most travelers. If you want a high end hotel this is not it but for a couple of nights it was very pleasant.

Lovely Stay

by TripAdvisor Member krisinky

Stayed here only one night. But it was wonderful. Friendly staff. Great pool area and complimentary breakfast. Beds were SO comfortable!! Bar was also fun. Would definitely return for short trip. Cost was major plus!

Good Value for Pre-Cruise

by TripAdvisor Member Bman32

We stayed one night prior to leaving for a cruise out of Port Everglades. The outside and lobby had a nice appearance. We shared a room with two double beds with two other family members. It was okay for one night, but the beds are pretty small, so if you are used to a queen size or larger, keep this in mind. The rooms, especially the bathrooms, needed updating, but everything appeared clean. There was a pool area with a small bar and grill, which was very convenient and relaxing. The breakfast was good, considering it was free. There were a number of stores and restaurants within walking distance. The shuttle from the airport and to and from the port were free as well, so for about $100, the room was well worth it.

Loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member barrackman

I stayed here in October 2007, the night before catching a cruise ship. The hotel provides a free shuttle from the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport. I just called the hotel when I landed and they
picked me up within 20 minutes. The next morning they also provided a
free shuttle to the cruise ship. Just sign up at the front desk giving them the time you wish to leave. Very convenient. The hotel front desk staff were professional and pleasant. The hotel room was big, clean, nicely furnished, air-conditioned and very comfortable. In the morning there was a free self-serve breakfast in the breakfast
room, that included juices and fresh fruit, hot and cold cereals, toast, bagels, muffins, waffles, yogurt and plenty of good coffee....
.one of the best complimemtary breakfasts I have come across. For treats outside of breakfast hours there are several fast food options
near by, notably MacDonalds and Taco Bell.There was also a lovely pool area with palm tress, lounge chairs and a poolside bar for those
who enjoy a drink. I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel especially for those who are here to join up with a cruise ship. All of this came at the fantastic internet rate of $89. a night.

"Great-If You Sleep In The Lobby"

by TripAdvisor Member 5115

This hotel gets amazingly mixed results--but I will put my two bits in just the same. I was UN-impressed..and wanted to be impressed, esp. after carefully reading all the T.A. reviews. But I guess it all comes down to what your expectations are (i.e. the less you have, the happier you'll be at this place)
What I noted: staircases with large wet spots and broken tiles (so be careful) mold on the shower curtain in our room (gross),
dirty bathroom (I don't think they clean very well at this place) a sink that doesn't drain, a broken closet with dirt stains on it (see above cleaning reference) a cracked tub handle (which made turning on the shower tricky) a small and stuffy bus for airport trips-and very so-so front service (and oh yes, they now charge you 90 cents for every local call even though the brochure in the room says it is free. I mentioned the discrepancy and they removed the charges)
What is good--decent breakfast and good central location to airport and/or cruises.. SO..if that is all you need, this is the place for you. Me, I am not returning. (and oh yes, nice, brand-new lobby..)

Great Pre or Post Cruise Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SYM25

A group of about 17 of us stayed at this hotel November 25th before a cruise. We booked our rooms through Southwest Airlines site, which we didnt even fly with them. They were having some kind of deal for $89 or $99 a night.

We went into this knowing this a budget hotel, Comfort Inn is not and never has been a Hilton, Westin, or comparable property. We read all the reviews on the site & we were happy with our stay. I have to say I was a little worried about the rooms after some of the pictures & some of the reviews. I don't know if we just happened to get good rooms or what, but this hotel is great for the value & location.

THere are several restaraunts & even some Fast Food places to choose from nearby & retail stores. Also of note is the really nice guy at the grill on the hotel property. He served up some GREAT Hamburgers! The Bar was pretty good too. The pool is big enough & a nice spot to sit around in the evening to enjoy a cocktail & some food. The free breakfast in the morning is good as well. This is not a fruit & cereal selection. While that is available, there is also eggs, donuts, juices, coffee & batter to make waffles.

We have already said we will difinitely come back to this hotel to stay again.

SJ
(Virginia Beach)

Very Nice for the price and location

by TripAdvisor Member Yeyah

This hotel was very good for the internet rate we received. The room we stayed in had a minor issue that was handled very quickly by the manager on duty. He came to investigate and actually helped us with the luggage to transfer to another room! In the morning when we checked out, a discount was given to my account for the inconvenience we experienced. That was good Customer Service attention! Since we traveled with a large group we were split up and were transported to the cruise ship in two groups. The free shuttle service was on time, good and convenient. For the breakfast items: it was very good. As mentioned previously by another member, ((thanks Sharon)), there was a good choice of items to choose from and it was pretty filling. Fresh fruit was available too if you chose not to overdose on carbs! LOL. Plenty of liquids ((coffee, juices, milk, etc.)) were available as well. All in all, I will say it again: This hotel is excellent to stay in for a pre or post cruise trip! Just Do It!
Yeyah, VA

Serves its purpose

by TripAdvisor Member JordanF

We stayed in this hotel for one night before a morning flight. It was clean, the staff was helpful and the breakfast was good. The pool area is nice.

I don't think I would plan a vacation around the place, but we needed a place to stay before our flight, and it was perfect for that.

Comments