Comfort Inn Airport / Cruise Port South

Poor Value

Costs More than similar hotels

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

A horrible experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 29, 2011

I would not recommend this hotel for my dogs stay. I had the worst experience at this hotel. I checked in originally for a two night stay. My reservations were for a king room with a fridge and microwave. I checked in, my room had neither, I called the front desk and they switched me to a room on the opposite side of the building, but it had the two. I put down my luggage and left to visit family members. I returned in the middle of the night, the air was not working properly, my remote control did not work, to top things off my door would not lock, they said it had a five second delay before locking, well I went downstairs to my vehicle, and came back and it still was unlock. Luckily I did not leave my purse there. Also, the room left a lot to be desired as for cleanliness. I called down to the front desk the next morning only to get a wise ass manager that sent up a maintenance guy with a device to check the amount and temperature of the air being put out by this broke down unit. I had asked for another room and she stated "only after I have maintenance come up and verify that your air is not working properly, then I will see about getting you another room". More or less telling me that I am lying about the air. He came up and tried to smooth things over, he was nice but I was hot and had been hot all night! Needless to say she stated "she was not changing me to another room". I stated I would be checking out and this was not satisfactory for me and I needed to be refunded for the second night because I was leaving. When I arrived at the front desk, the manager had this same little device in her hand talking about me and pointing it at the guys that sell the time shares and tickets for area attractions. I called her over to the desk where I was standing patiently, and I told her, I do not agree with her and that the device was not working accurately because the rest of my room was hot. She stated "the device was right and I was wrong". I checked out needless to say, knowing I would never return to this hotel. I emailed my complaint in and to add insult to injury, they apologized and stated that they had returned my money for the one nights stay to my card. NOT! They have insulted my intelligence not once but twice. They sent me a copy of my original receipt where I had canceled the second night and my receipt shows a refund for the night that I did not stay, not the night that I did stay. They have not only managed to look like jackasses in my eyes but they made the general manager look like a jerk as well for not refunding my nights stay for what I have been thru. Did they think that I was slow, not! I pulled up my account on line and there is no show stating any refund other than the night that I canceled. Just how gullible do these people think that I am.....I am at a loss for words describing this place but I know that I will tell everyone who will stand still long enough to listen about my experience. To give my money back for the one nights stay would be the least that they could do, all they had to do was refund it back to my card, no they think that I am so stupid they could pass off my original receipt for this and see if I catch on. Don't stay here, take my word for it, I have stayed at many hotels but have never had a manager challenge me on something and have never had a general manager blatantly lie about refunding money.

Unique Quality: NONE!

Directions: airport area/cruise port area hollywood, florida

Nearby Comfort Inn Airport / Cruise Port South

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Hollywood Travel Forum

Need advice about Hollywood, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Hollywood and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hollywood hotel reviews