Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Seminole - Hollywood

cochinjew's Profile Photo

Exuberant and Sad

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 12, 2011

I was happy to stay here when given the opportunity to do so. It is owned by Seminole Tribe of Florida who to this day have not signed a treaty with the USA
They are prospering that is for sure
the hotel and casino is large and for any fan of rock music is filled with memorabilia of the various rock stars local and foreign

Unique Quality: large rooms

Amazing Hotel !!!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 5, 2009

Just one word: Amazing!
This hotel is really great one! Wonderful Rooms, Baths, Bed and Sound (yes! A bose sound in your room and what to hear? The Hotel Key comes with a great CD!)

Unique Quality: Great Hotel ! The only remark point is the Wireless Internet Connection that could be better in all rooms.

Dont Gamble Here

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 4, 2009

The Hotel is new and very expensive. Don't waste your time or money in this Casino. They use nothing but those cheating pile of crap auto shuffler machines on the lower limit black jack tables. I have gone four times and lost money all four times.

They have stacked the odds heavily against you with these auto shufflers.

Also keep in mind any time you play the Indians you play a self regulated Casino. Which in my opinion is a huge house advantage. Unlike Vegas, the Indians create and apply their own policy in the casinos. Now who do you think they are looking out for? If you guessed the Indians, you are correct.

The slot machines are all controlled my some "Whopperesq" computer system that is probably always working the odds away from you.

So in my humble opinion, STAY WAY! Don't cry, I warned you. Go to Vegas, they are giving away rooms now near Freemont, or go on a cruise on NCL, Carnival, or Royal Caribbean instead. You will be able to play hand shuffled shoes in these places where you can almost make 50 - 50 odds against the house.

By the way, unlike Vegas, you also get treated to expensive drinks at $7 a pop in the hard rock. So you need to pay for your drinks just so you can give the house an added advantage. That sucks if you ask me..

Unique Quality: Expensive

Directions: Off of US 441

doug48's Profile Photo

gambling and rock music

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 4, 2008

the seminole hard rock hotel is located at the seminole gambling and entertainment complex. the best place to stay in hollywood if you plan to visit the casino or attend a rock concert. all of the amenities of a first class resort hotel.

Directions: about 3 miles west of hollywood, near the intersection of sheridan road and US441.

HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Casino Royale

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 5, 2007

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino is definately a hotspot to visit if you're staying in Southern Florida and want to venture out of the Ft Laud / So Beach club scene. Bringing a bit of Vegas to the Florida penninsula, this place has tons of bars and restaurants as well as a few nightclubs and quality live music. The rooms are nice and affordable on the weekdays, the weekends they get VERY pricey, almost double. The pool area is what I enjoyed the most, much nicer than the pool in Hard Rock Vegas- now if they could only get a Rehab going here!

Unique Quality: Vegas style Casinos in Southern Florida are unique in theirselves!!

Directions: Can't miss this one off of 441

Steveh123 Jan 20, 2015 at 3:16 PM

First I will say that the rooms are nice and the hotel portion is above average. However, the casino is a very different story. I have been going to this casino for 7 years and in the beginning things were good. I did have several losses but this is understandable as it is a casino. I am not a sore loser. I completely understand the risks and am ok with losses. However, a casino should be fair to its patrons and give every player a fair chance and encourage them to keep coming back. I am a mid level stakes player and am not a low stakes player. The last 9 times I have went I have lost a total of $5,000 and out of the $5,000 played the largest win was $180.00! The casino has severely tightened all of their slots and I would not recommend anyone to go to this casino. Also, when the players club card is inserted wins are limited even more so. In my gambling experience with this casino I have played through over $300,000. I brought this to the attention to the management of player relations. A casino rep said to come in and meet with him and he would see what he could do for me. I came in and lost another $460.00 when the representative came to meet me in the casino. I explained my level of play and my frustration with the way that the machines have been severely tightened in the last 6 months-1 year. He then stated he would not comp anything unless I played and lost another $2,000 before the end of the night. He stated he may or may not be able to comp me $400-$500 in free play if this happens. If you want a fair shot and do not want to just throw your money away I would highly suggest going to some of the other local casinos that are regulated more stringently.

Nearby Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Seminole - Hollywood

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Hollywood Travel Forum

Need advice about Hollywood, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Hollywood and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hollywood hotel reviews