Marriott Hollywood Beach

2501 North Ocean Drive, (formerly Hollywood Beach Inn), Hollywood, Florida, 33019, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• SCAM ALERT - rip-off artists - "lost" my cancellat

I booked this hotel in Fall 2012 to stay for a family visit in January 2013. A few weeks later I realized we were going to be unable to make the trip, so I called the hotel and cancelled the reservation. Or so I thought.

In February I was shocked to see a bill for a room for $240 on my Citibank credit card. I immediately called the credit card company and explained to them that I had cancelled the room. They told me to initiate a cancellation request, which I did. About a month late I received a notice that my dispute had been rejected. The Marriott Hollywood Beach was going to charge me the full amount for the room! I talked to Citibank again and they said that since I didn't have a record of the cancellation number, there was nothing they could do.

I suspect this is a scam. How many other people has this hotel ripped off in this fashion by not properly recording cancellation requests? BEWARE - this hotel may do the same thing to you they did to me. Make sure you keep any cancellation number they give you - or better yet, stay someplace else where the hotel is not operating a scam on customers who cancel reservations.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Nice Digs Right on the Beach

The Hollywood Beach Marriott is a nice hotel in a great location right on the Broadwalk within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. However, it is not cheap; even with a special rate, it will cost you ~$200 (or more) per day plus $13 for parking. Dinner in the hotel restaurant will cost you around $40; however, there are plenty of better options along the Broadwalk. There are videoclips of the beach by the hotel at sunrise and the view south from my balcony.

Unique Quality: It has a beautiful pool right next to the beach and live entertainment on the patio in the evening.

Directions: On Carolina Street between North Ocean Drive and the Broadwalk

• doug48's Profile Photo

on the beach

the marriot hollywood beach hotel is located on the beach just north of the intersection of hollywood blvd. and USA1A (ocean blvd). it is in my opinion the best hotel in hollywood. the hotel offers a pool, spa, restaurant, and bar. the marriot has most of the amenities that you expect from a good resort hotel. rates run from $329 to $519. rates will be considerably less in the summer. they also charge a $10 parking fee.

Directions: hollywood beach.

More about Marriott Hollywood Beach

Less Expensive Alternative?

by AlbuqRay about Walk About Beach Resort

The Walk About Beach Resort is in a great location next to the Hollywood Beach Marriott. It looks a little old but had a nice Tiki bar. Supposedly it was built in the 1950's and Jimmy Hoffa was one of the original investors (hmmmm, wonder if they checked there when he went missing). I did not stay at the Walk About but it gets mostly good reviews. However, it seemed pretty quiet whenever I walked by in Oct 08. I wondered whether it was still in business but maybe it is just getting restarted under new ownership which bought it in Feb 08.

Kitesurfing

by AlbuqRay

There were a few kitesurfers near the Hollywood Beach Marriott but most were further north in the distance. It was fun to watch them. One of the videoclips shows a couple of kitesurfers coming in and going back out as they tracked south past the hotel.

Good for Breakfast

by AlbuqRay about Broadwalk Restaurant and Grille

The sign says that it's the best breakfast on the beach. I don't know about that but it is a good breakfast at a reasonable price with friendly service. The location right on the beach is a big plus. There are both indoor and outdoor dining areas. The restaurant was crowded in the evening but it was nearly empty in the morning at breakfast time. We walked there from the Hollywood Beach Marriott; however, if you drove, parking could be an issue. I had the "Small One" breakfast for $5.95. It was one egg, one pancake, one sausage and one piece of bacon (not so small in my opinion). The French Slam looked good too (two eggs, potatoes, two bacon slices or two sausages, and four half slices of thick French toast).

Loved it.

by TripAdvisor Member MDJason

I was very happy with my stay at the Hollywood beach Marriott. I wasn't sure what to expect from the reviews I read, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Hotel. The rooms were beautiful with a great view, the beach was great, the staff friendly, and the spa was lovely. Our room had a beautifully adorned king size bed, LCD television, and a spacious marble bathroom and marble shower. My only complaint would be the cost at the hotel restaurant was a bit high given the quality of the food. Not that it was bad, but I was expecting more for the price.

Excellent stay, once again - Management IS trying to be responsive

by TripAdvisor Member Abod

This is our second extended stay at the Hollywood Beach Marriott and we are very pleased. The staff is among the most professional, helpful and friendly we have ever encountered. The rooms, while small, are elegantly appointed and, like I said, the staff makes this a very "boutique" experience, well worth it.

Location is superb, right on the beach and at the edge of the "boardwalk" for those evening strolls.

Poor marks do go to the restaurant which is extremely mis-managed. We spoke to the General Manager Bryan Decourt about it and have been told they are trying to fix the problem, which we believe is a blight on this otherwise fine property.

Good Beach Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member hessjere1

My wife and I stayed at the Hollywood Beach Marriott July 21-23 for a relaxing weekend getaway. It proved to be just that. The hotel is in a somewhat run down area of Hollywood Beach, however the hotel itself is in excellent condition. Several condos and small hotels appear to be being renovated down the street in both directions. The "Broadwalk" that separates the hotel from the beach appears to be under construction in spots, however the section directly in front of the hotel has already been improved and really looks nice. The broadwalk offers many small beachfront bars, restaurants, and tourist shops, although none appear to be very classy. There are also several bicycle rental shops just down the walk, and you can rent any type of pedaled transportation you can imagine at any of the rental shops for 8-15 dollars/hour. The beach at the hotel and surrounding area is very clean. The water was also very clean. The hotel bar and restaurant have very nice views of the beach, as do each room in the hotel(at least on the 3rd floor and up). Despite reading other reviews that complained about the service in the bar/restaurant, we ate several meals there and always had outstanding service.
We had a very nice corner room on the end nearest the intercoastal waterway. Although it was one of the furthest rooms from the beach, it still provided an outstanding view. The rooms and balconies are not large, by any means, but a very nice bathroom and wonderful bed more than make up for it. Also, if you haven't speant much time in south Florida the exterior paint might initially be a turnoff, but it is really the norm for hotels and other buildings in the area. The interior decor/paint is much classier.
For meals, there aren't many great options other than the hotel restaurant and bar unless you don't mind a $40-$50 roundtrip cab fare or quite a drive in your own car. The breakfast buffet was excellent both mornings we were there, and there appeared to be several cheap breakfast places along the broadwalk to the south. The restaurant and bar menu provided adequate choices for lunch however somewhat pricey. One night we stayed at the hotel for their dinner buffet, which included a pasta bar and several other Italian entrees. This was a great deal and included a bottle of wine for each table at $23/person. The food was very good. The night before they had a seafood buffet and I assume they have something different every night, although it could just be a weekend offering.
We did not use the pool, however several families appeared to be enjoying it. Because of it being a cheaper, beachfront hotel, it appeared to have more children and families than your typical Marriott.
Overall, we had an outstanding stay at this hotel. Friendly service and outstanding rooms really made our stay as pleasurable as we could have imagined! Enjoy!

Beautiful Rooms Right on the Beach

We stayed at the Hollywood beach Resort in April, 2006 for only one night and loved it overall. It is right off the beach. The rooms were gorgeous and the hotel was clean. The only thing that we were a little dissapointed with was the pool wasn't that clean- a lot of sand on the bottom both days that we used it. Also, many of the staff at the restuarant seemed to be learning as they went along. i.e. when we asked someone if there was a children's menu, they said no. Come to find out that there was. We also asked for the mini bar key to be sent to the room and it never came. Our only other complaint was the that everytime the air conditioner came on it made a very loud noise that woke us up. Otherwise, the rooms were great and the staff was friendly and accomodating

Great if you get a package

by TripAdvisor Member Sheeny

My husband I stayed at this hotel for 5 days and nights. We were fortunate to have booked through a Travelzoo package that gave us a 1/2 off rate, AND included free self-parking, a $50 credit in the hotel every day (good for anything) and free breakfast buffet every morning.
The hotel was very cute and clean. It also has a great location, right on the beach and on the boardwalk. Short driving distance to Miami and Ft Lauderdale. We loved our room, especially the bed and plasma TV.
The food was very good, but the service was not. It honestly appeared as though they hired the restaurant staff right off the boardwalk and it was everyone's first day.
Although they seemed confused, the restaurant staff was not rude at all.
The spa was very pretty, but I got the worst manicure of my life there.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel IF you get some kind of package deal. If we had to pay the regular rate and did not have all the perks, we would have been disappointed. As it was, we really enjoyed our stay.

Located Next to the Hollywood Beach MarriottLocated Next to the Hollywood Beach Marriott

Comments