Marriott Hollywood Beach

Tags

Luxury Travel Beaches Business Travel
See Amenities

SCAM ALERT - rip-off artists - "lost" my cancellat

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 3, 2013

I booked this hotel in Fall 2012 to stay for a family visit in January 2013. A few weeks later I realized we were going to be unable to make the trip, so I called the hotel and cancelled the reservation. Or so I thought.

In February I was shocked to see a bill for a room for $240 on my Citibank credit card. I immediately called the credit card company and explained to them that I had cancelled the room. They told me to initiate a cancellation request, which I did. About a month late I received a notice that my dispute had been rejected. The Marriott Hollywood Beach was going to charge me the full amount for the room! I talked to Citibank again and they said that since I didn't have a record of the cancellation number, there was nothing they could do.

I suspect this is a scam. How many other people has this hotel ripped off in this fashion by not properly recording cancellation requests? BEWARE - this hotel may do the same thing to you they did to me. Make sure you keep any cancellation number they give you - or better yet, stay someplace else where the hotel is not operating a scam on customers who cancel reservations.

AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Nice Digs Right on the Beach

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 28, 2008

The Hollywood Beach Marriott is a nice hotel in a great location right on the Broadwalk within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. However, it is not cheap; even with a special rate, it will cost you ~$200 (or more) per day plus $13 for parking. Dinner in the hotel restaurant will cost you around $40; however, there are plenty of better options along the Broadwalk. There are videoclips of the beach by the hotel at sunrise and the view south from my balcony.

Unique Quality: It has a beautiful pool right next to the beach and live entertainment on the patio in the evening.

Directions: On Carolina Street between North Ocean Drive and the Broadwalk

doug48's Profile Photo

on the beach

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 23, 2007

the marriot hollywood beach hotel is located on the beach just north of the intersection of hollywood blvd. and USA1A (ocean blvd). it is in my opinion the best hotel in hollywood. the hotel offers a pool, spa, restaurant, and bar. the marriot has most of the amenities that you expect from a good resort hotel. rates run from $329 to $519. rates will be considerably less in the summer. they also charge a $10 parking fee.

Directions: hollywood beach.

Nearby Marriott Hollywood Beach

Marriott Hollywood Beach

• Hollywood Marriott
  • Marriott Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood

Address: 2501 North Ocean Drive, (formerly Hollywood Beach Inn), Hollywood, Florida, 33019, United States

6 Photos of Marriott Hollywood Beach

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Hollywood Travel Forum

Need advice about Hollywood, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Hollywood and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hollywood hotel reviews