101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, Florida, 33019, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort

Enjoyed my visit

I stayed at the Hollywood Beach Resort from July 19 -22. Trust me, I was very worried about staying here after reading the horrible reviews it received, but I was pleasantly suprised. We got picked up from the airport by the hotel's shuttle driver, Louis, who was very nice. He recommended places to go see and things to do. When we got to the hotel and and checked in, the front desk attendant said that he would need my credit card that I booked the trip with for a deposit. I asked how much the deposit was and he said it was $60. I told him that I didn't have that credit card anymore, and asked if I could pay the $60 in cash. He said he wouldn't be able to do that, he would have to $300 for a cash deposit. I was getting a little irritated, but the wonderful supervisor Angelia, came over and said she would accept the $60 cash. Angelia is very friendly.
Anyway, we got to our room and was suprised to find that it wasn't a dump like everyone else has been complaining about. Yes, the room was small, but we booked a petite studio, so I wasn't expecting a huge penthouse. The room was clean as well and they had great cable channels on the TV. Each morning you get a Miami Herald newspaper at your door, and you can pick up a free USA Today at the front desk.
One great option I liked was that you could use your continental breakfast vouchers in the gift shop if you didn't want to use them for breakfast. Each voucher is worth $5 if you use it in the gift shop. We decided to buy gifts instead of eating the continental breakfast. O'Malleys is located at the back of the hotel over looking the ocean. They have the best chili cheese nacho's... I would highly recommend trying those!

This hotel has a wonderful location and for the price, it was great. Hollywood beach is not as crowded as Ft. Lauderdale, so if you are looking for a place to go without the huge huge crowds, Hollywood Beach is the place to go.

All worried for nothing

After I booked our vacation, I had found some reviews of this hotel and
was horrified at what I read, but decided to stay with it as I really
wanted to be on the beach.

We arrived early and were given our room anyways. The people were
incredibly friendly,helpful and polite. Our check in hostess Angelia
and her trainee were charming and personable and made me feel extremely
welcome and comfortable. Our room was oldish, but very clean, cool and
comfy. Our maid was a sweetheart who made no errors. The breakfast
hostess was professional and I heard her greet in a friendly voice
every single customer who entered the room. I had expected attitudes,
disinterest, resentment... but found all of the staff to be very
pleasant.

The food at O'malley's was decent and conveniant. We could run in and grab a drink and bring it back to the pool or beach. Also available steps away from beach and room were great sub shop run by a charming couple from conneticut who made us some kick-A subs!!!

I frankly was scared of the pool personnel before I even walked up the ramp based on what I'd read, but also found them to be delightful. When we checked out prior to 11, we were given a day pass so that we could shower in the health club and use the pool before our flight that evening. Without being asked!!!! What a treat and solution to our problem!!

My only complaint was the $9.00 mandatory Valet parking and the smell
of food coming from some of the hotels permanent guests on the 7th
floor(we were 717)

If you're looking for a clean place to rest your head, excellent
security, on the beach with pool options,(great 2nd pool for kids!)
included breakfast with option of upgrade...the guy was a killer
omelette maker, close to tons of shops and restaurants, a super staff
and decent price... you should definately stay here.

Sincerely, K. Klaczko

Most Enjoyable

Prior to our trip to Hollywood, I was a bit worried. Given the reviews I had read, I was disturbed.
We were in Hollywood the end of April, first part of May. Everything was wonderful. We had an awesome view of the ocean. Our room was kept very clean and everyone, especially Angie, the front desk attendant was very pleasant. We enjoyed O'Malley's and being able to go right downstairs for food and drink and FUN! The hotel is very nice. It is old, but kept up well. The breakfast at Club Atlantic is wonderful. There's nothing like having your breakfast and looking at the ocean!! I highly recommend this hotel and this area!!

Hollywood Tower of Terror

We arrived at the Hollywood Resort in the daytime. Good thing, because it's very scary at night.
The halls are dark, smelled over deodarized and the carpets are stained. I don't understand how they could let a place like this go.
I also thought the pool personnel was very rude.

It so reminded me of the Hollywood Tower of Terror at Disney's MGM Studio!

I Love it!

It was amazing, clean and the location is great (its a HUGE hotel). I recommended a lot. Met a lot of people at the pub which is connected to the hotel. I want to go back same place!

Hollywood Beach Broad Walk and surrounding areas

by barrylee

"The Action on the " NEW "Broad Walk"

After seeing the new broad walk you will want to spend your whole day there. The changes I have seen in just a year are not to be missed. A classic car show on the Broad Walk on the last Friday of each month, the bands nearly every night [ and not just in the bandshell ].the ice cream and clothe shopping. The people watching and of course the great bars like McGowans , O'Malleys, Bu's, The Walkabout, The Riptide etc., etc. Remember the old walk????

"Hollywood Beach Hotel Tower."

I have been an owner here since 1980 and have come every year . I have seen many changes and some were needed badly.But this year there have been very positive things happening with more great plans in the future. Way to go Don Lent [ manager ] and the condo management team.Our stay this year was one of the finest in a long time. The location is tops bar none. If you go here please say hi to Don for us. He and the staff bend over backwards for your every need.

"Restaurants in the area"

There are many good to excellent eateries and the one that first comes to mind is Tarks. This is a fun time with the best chicken wings and raw oysters in the south Florida vicinity. Not to mention their blackened mauhi mauhi or grouper dinners. The Suchi Tai, O'Malleys ,and the list goes on. Most of these are all within walking distance of the hotel. You can get a pitcher of beer and a pizza for 12 bucks and sit on the broad walk and people watch if that is what you are into.

Hollywood Beach Hotel Tower pool deckHollywood Beach Hotel Tower pool deck