Florida Hotels

Our Members Say

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3722

CLAY HOTEL: A BED ABOVE THE NIGHTCLUB

I still find it hard to believe how bad my stay here was. The people who 'mange' this place seem like complete idiots and they seem to have a lack of proper cleaners and a maintenance schedule for simple repairs and replacements. I tried to check in at 7am. Fair enough, they asked me to put my bags in the baggage room and come back around lunch time. I did and they said come back in an hour. I did and they finally said they had 1 room made up and I could have it. I explained I wanted a quiet room and they I would wait. A QUIET ROOM. QUIET. They said it was a quiet room in another building. It was several buildings away and my room was up some stairs and around the back. Cool. I noticed that there was a nice looking coffee shop just below. I decided to go out for the day and evening.

When I came back I tried to take a shower in filthy bath and shave in the nasty sink. Nasty. Lots of other peoples' hair was there! Then I got on my bed. And it began to move! Yes, it was vibrating to the deafening music! BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM !

The coffee shop becomes a nightclub at night! And where was the sound equipment? Yes - right below my room and bed! A trek to reception revealed they were full and no other rooms were available!

IDIOTS !

They had the chance to give me a quiet room and gave me the loudest possible.

I was lucky. No - no sleep and it was hot in the room. I had booked through a very good website:

SKOOSH

The fantastic people at Skoosh arranged a complete refund in 2 days. Great website - crap hotel!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 27, 2014

THE VIEW FROM MY DIRTY WINDOW

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 3271

Best Western now La Quinta E Fowler near USF: near USF and party

This know as a Best Western, used to stay here to go to Busch Gardens, and visit for the football games at Tampa stadium, I came back with the family, and always a party place near the Univ of South Florida.

I notice now after digging some photos that it has change to the La Quinta chain.

Its a full scale all suite hotel, with all the amenites great ^pool area. and close to the attraction park of Busch Gardens.

free parking, great pool, close to attraction and the univ of South Florida Bulls

• Related to: Theme Park Trips, Family Travel, Singles
  • Written March 5, 2014

Best Western pict now La Quinta

• ArenJo profile photo ArenJo
  • Reviews: 342

Howard Johnson Lakeland - Worst Ever: Howard Johnson Lakeland - Worst Ever

My boyfriend wonders if what happened is due to the fact that he checked us in and he is African American. He said he tried to show them his booking.com email on his phone and they said it would show up soon and didn't seem to want to be bothered by it. We got what we later verified was the worst rooms, while all the other guests were placed in a whole different area of the hotel. After he left for a night shift in Tampa and I was alone, the security guard was banging on the door saying that no one was supposed to be in this room and we didn't have a reservation. He told me if I didn't show him paperwork right then he was throwing me out. I called my boyfriend and got the email from him within minutes, but by then more staff showed up even though it was clear that the first time he came to the door I was in the middle of a shower. I showed them the email, then on top of that they insisted I give them his credit card number as well. They never apologized at any point. When I pulled the bed sheets back I found mouse droppings and remembered that earlier I heard scratching in the wall. By morning my boyfriend was back and when he insisted on being moved, they told us we had only paid for one night even though the email I showed them clearly showed we paid for 2 nights. My boyfriend kept on them and eventually we got moved 2 rooms down (still in the area where they weren't putting other white guests). This was a very trashy hotel and people were standing in their doorways barbequing. The parking area looked shady and had "park at your own risk" signs. The ceiling of both rooms had stains. WORST place I have EVER stayed.

HORRIBLE!

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 27, 2014

Ceiling Stains

• ArenJo profile photo ArenJo
  • Reviews: 342

Disney's Art of Animation resort: Disney's Art of Animation Resort

This is a great place to stay if you have children, even if you aren't going to Disney. The Cars decorations are awesome and the Finding Nemo splash pad is a lot of fun for the little ones. It was fun just walking around the property, taking photos. Also they run shuttle buses to Disney for the people that are actually going there. I will say however, the food is way overpriced and doesn't taste good. So, if you have any way to go eat somewhere else, save your money and don't do the food plan. Also with the food plan, your options are very limited.

The awesome decorations all around the resort, even in the rooms.

• Related to: Family Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written January 16, 2014
Tip Photo

My son in the Cars section

Knights Inn: Avoid in Florida City

Rude owner/staff, substandard features, crappy so-called continental breakfast, questionable cleanliness (I slept on top of the covers), and it's in a bad neighborhood. Avoid at all costs. Maybe the 2nd worst motel I've stayed in for many years (after the Macon Motel in Tuskegee, Alabama). No refunds.

• Related to: Road Trip, National/State Park

Knights Inn

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western: Nice But Overpriced in Baldwin

This motel looked pretty nice and was clean inside and out. Nice pool, decent breakfast. However, there was no refrigerator or microwave. Staff was okay. Overly expensive for the amenities, or lack of same. $75 as of April 2011.

• Related to: Business Travel, Road Trip

Best Western

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rancho Inn: Cheap and Substandard in Apalachicola

I attempted to stay at a different motel; but they had no vacancies. I ended up staying at the Rancho Inn an independently owned motel. The facilities were older and not in the best shape. Overall a little below standard. The people were pretty nice.

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Budget Travel

Rancho Inn

Super 8: Decent Budget Motel in Tallahassee

$42 in December 2013. This is a newer looking Super 8 with a Spanish style architectural look. Looks pretty nice on the outside with a nice outdoor pool too. The rooms, however, are rather small and have no extras; except the TV had 4 channels of Showtime. VERY low priced though, so if that is your main concern this is a nice choice. Nice girl from Ghana (great accent) behind the desk. Decent continental breakfast.

• Related to: Road Trip, National/State Park, Historical Travel

Super 8

Super 8: Decent Budget Motel in Crestview

$58 in December 2013. This motel looks okay from the outside and even better on the inside. It has a small refrigerator, a microwave and a nice TV with HBO. Typical continental breakfast. Nice people too. Good deal for the money.

• Related to: Road Trip

• Madasabull profile photo Madasabull
  • Reviews: 232

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Casa Blanca: "The Casa Blanca Siesta Key Flori: The Casa Blanca in Siesta Key Florida

It's getting dark, and we have been driving all day South along the coast as part of our 6 week Southern States road trip, and we found this jewel of a place.

We knew this was one of those places that we need to stay for a while in, so looked for a motel or hotel on the beach, so we could have access to the beach of course. We found The Casa Blanca, and after being quoted a price we couldn't afford, said so, and were rewarded with a price we could afford, but only just. What swung it for us was being able to take a look at the villa style digs. They were perfect for us.

It had a swimming pool too, and great access to the beach. Highly recommended, and we would love to return one day to the same Motel.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written December 12, 2013

• Madasabull profile photo Madasabull
  • Reviews: 232

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Key West Inn - Key Largo Florida Keys: Key West Inn - Key Largo

Key West Inn on Ocean Dr in Key Largo was a place we found a voucher for in a free voucher mag at a shopping center before we arrived in the Keys.

We decided to stay here a week because we really wanted to relax out of our 6 week Southern States road trip, and by using the voucher, we got the room for around $300 less than without a voucher.

The be honest, the room was a little rough, but it had an upstairs bedroom, plenty of parking, and a view of a canal leading to the sea where fishing boats passed our balcony.

The only down side was the bar on the other side of the canal from us, where I had never heard so many load mouthed people in my life. I mean, everyone, and I mean everyone, was shouting when they could be talking. Someone seem to tell a joke downstairs or outside, and the whole place was laughing.

You could hear people playing pool and ordering drinks, and Im sure I heard someone whispering!

But to be honest, it was cool, it was worth what we paid for it, not what we should have paid for it.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Gay and Lesbian
  • Written December 12, 2013

• Bobsd profile photo Bobsd
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Deauville Beach resorts: Deauville Beach Resort- Do not stay here!!

If you hate your life this is the hotel for you!! We stayed here in June of 2012 had to be the worst time of my life. When you arrive at the hotel they send you 4 blocks away to park in public parking. Don't for get to return to feed the meter every 8 hours. Once we got the hotel the first thing you will notice is that the staff does not speak English. The staff seems put out by the hotel clients one bartender made us wait 10 minutes why he finished his lunch. the pool attendent for towels is always to busy texting to get you towels. Then we decide to eat, again no one in restaurant speaks English and the food was at best eatable. this is a very dirty hotel. We canceled our room and moved on lost 200 bucks for staying.
Again, if you hate your life stay here!!

Dirty, no one speaks English

• Written June 17, 2012

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 3271

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

several: B&B in Key West

def the best way is the car. If you can rent one you will be great there. Key West you can walk around, and plenty of nice B&B there like my favorites
take you pick they are all good but Ambrosia, Tropical,and Banyan are wonderful

enjoy your trip

wonderful laidback conch style, many choices see my favorites above and more info on the site

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written May 20, 2012

• Jefie profile photo Jefie
  • Reviews: 2066

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

VRBO (Vacation Rentals by Owner): A home away from home... literally!

There are several Websites out there offering houses for rent but I thought I'd post the link to VRBO since that's the one my in-laws used to rent a place in Port Charlotte and it worked out well. There are several reasons that might make you want to consider renting a house instead of staying at a hotel: for an extended stay, it often turns out to be the cheapest option. Also, there are much more options available for people traveling with pets, and families might enjoy having the extra room to let children run around. Personally, what I enjoyed the most was to have the option to stop by the grocery store and cook dinner on the barbecue by the pool every night - it sort of reminded me of my camping trips, and it made for a very relaxing and very comfortable holiday.

Rental homes usually come fully equipped, and some have extra little perks: for example, ours had a swimming pool, a small dock in the backyard and a couple of bicycles, just to name a few.

• Related to: Family Travel, Travel with Pets, Disabilities
  • Written November 28, 2011
Tip Photo

Lunch by the pool on a sunny November day

• Michele720 profile photo Michele720
  • Reviews: 1

America's Best Inn: Kissimmee's Worse Hotel

You get what you pay for and this was CHEAP. Cheap and dirty. Views were great. There were a few bugs but that's to be expected in Florida. There was an exception to that rule when the cockroaches came out when the sun went down. I packed my bags and headed home hoping they did not invade my luggage. I did manage to take tons of photos during the day, before I left.

Unique? Cockroaches are not unique but you don't expect them in a hotel.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written November 22, 2011
Tip Photo

Run down Pool Area (building in rear is SHUT DOWN)

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful