Florida Hotels

Our Members Say

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aqua Hotel & Suites: Handily placed

This was my first visit to Miami and my flight was arriving late evening so I decided to pre-book a hotel thus giving me peace of mind that I had a place to stay. I chose The Aqua Hotel & Suites because of it's location and also price.

Check-in was a smooth process, staff were friendly and helpful. The room was okay - nothing really special but not the worst that I have stayed in either. Air -con cannot be regulated in the room as it is centrally controlled - a definite negative. Wi-fi not brilliant. There was a lot of noise from other guests which did not make for a good nights sleep and the Friday night that I stayed was very noisy. Breakfast was extremely basic and so after the first morning, I decided not to bother and went out to find somewhere to eat.

All in all, if the location is the prime reason for choosing to stay here then the place is fine but if you are looking for comfort then look elsewhere.

Great location

• Related to: Women's Travel, Road Trip
  • Written January 17, 2015

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western Windsor Inn, North Miami: Comfortable inn, good location

I had not pre-booked accommodation and found this place as the last stop on my road trip. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, the room was great. It was a good size, clean and fresh. There are a number of places to eat within easy walking distance.

Definitely a place that I would stay at again and one that I would recommendd

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Venice Palm Inn, Venice: Basic accommodation

Tried a couple of other places but they were full so I ended up staying at the Venice Palm Inn. It was clean but basic accommodation. There was a smell of stale cigarette smoke in the room even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The location was convenient and staff were helpful and pleasant.

This is a really good example of getting what you pay for. Not somewhere I would return to or recommend.

• Related to: Road Trip

Best Western Inn, Jupiter: Good location, helpful staff

Arrived here without a booking and got a room no problem. Room was clean and well furnished although not that big. Staff were very helpful and I ended up staying an extra night. Complimentary breakfast was fresh, nothing special but it was free. Location was very convenient and within walking distance of the beach.

I would stay here again and I would recommend it.

• Related to: Road Trip, Women's Travel

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Comfort Inn & Suite Resort, Cocoa Beach: Overpriced for what it is

I arrived here quite late in the day and without a booking and booked a room for one night. The room was clean but furnishings had seen better days. Staff were pleasant and polite. There is a pool but I did not use it Really, you get what you pay for, but it was conveniently located for the Kennedy Space Centre.

• Related to: Family Travel

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 4219

CLAY HOTEL: A BED ABOVE THE NIGHTCLUB

I still find it hard to believe how bad my stay here was. The people who 'mange' this place seem like complete idiots and they seem to have a lack of proper cleaners and a maintenance schedule for simple repairs and replacements. I tried to check in at 7am. Fair enough, they asked me to put my bags in the baggage room and come back around lunch time. I did and they said come back in an hour. I did and they finally said they had 1 room made up and I could have it. I explained I wanted a quiet room and they I would wait. A QUIET ROOM. QUIET. They said it was a quiet room in another building. It was several buildings away and my room was up some stairs and around the back. Cool. I noticed that there was a nice looking coffee shop just below. I decided to go out for the day and evening.

When I came back I tried to take a shower in filthy bath and shave in the nasty sink. Nasty. Lots of other peoples' hair was there! Then I got on my bed. And it began to move! Yes, it was vibrating to the deafening music! BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM !

The coffee shop becomes a nightclub at night! And where was the sound equipment? Yes - right below my room and bed! A trek to reception revealed they were full and no other rooms were available!

IDIOTS !

They had the chance to give me a quiet room and gave me the loudest possible.

I was lucky. No - no sleep and it was hot in the room. I had booked through a very good website:

SKOOSH

The fantastic people at Skoosh arranged a complete refund in 2 days. Great website - crap hotel!

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 27, 2014

THE VIEW FROM MY DIRTY WINDOW

Best Western now La Quinta E Fowler near USF: near USF and party

This know as a Best Western, used to stay here to go to Busch Gardens, and visit for the football games at Tampa stadium, I came back with the family, and always a party place near the Univ of South Florida.

I notice now after digging some photos that it has change to the La Quinta chain.

Its a full scale all suite hotel, with all the amenites great ^pool area. and close to the attraction park of Busch Gardens.

free parking, great pool, close to attraction and the univ of South Florida Bulls

• Related to: Theme Park Trips, Family Travel, Singles
  • Written March 5, 2014

Best Western pict now La Quinta

• Madasabull profile photo Madasabull
  • Reviews: 238

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Casa Blanca: "The Casa Blanca Siesta Key Flori: The Casa Blanca in Siesta Key Florida

It's getting dark, and we have been driving all day South along the coast as part of our 6 week Southern States road trip, and we found this jewel of a place.

We knew this was one of those places that we need to stay for a while in, so looked for a motel or hotel on the beach, so we could have access to the beach of course. We found The Casa Blanca, and after being quoted a price we couldn't afford, said so, and were rewarded with a price we could afford, but only just. What swung it for us was being able to take a look at the villa style digs. They were perfect for us.

It had a swimming pool too, and great access to the beach. Highly recommended, and we would love to return one day to the same Motel.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written December 12, 2013

• Bobsd profile photo Bobsd

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Deauville Beach resorts: Deauville Beach Resort- Do not stay here!!

If you hate your life this is the hotel for you!! We stayed here in June of 2012 had to be the worst time of my life. When you arrive at the hotel they send you 4 blocks away to park in public parking. Don't for get to return to feed the meter every 8 hours. Once we got the hotel the first thing you will notice is that the staff does not speak English. The staff seems put out by the hotel clients one bartender made us wait 10 minutes why he finished his lunch. the pool attendent for towels is always to busy texting to get you towels. Then we decide to eat, again no one in restaurant speaks English and the food was at best eatable. this is a very dirty hotel. We canceled our room and moved on lost 200 bucks for staying.
Again, if you hate your life stay here!!

Dirty, no one speaks English

• Written June 17, 2012

several: B&B in Key West

def the best way is the car. If you can rent one you will be great there. Key West you can walk around, and plenty of nice B&B there like my favorites
take you pick they are all good but Ambrosia, Tropical,and Banyan are wonderful

enjoy your trip

wonderful laidback conch style, many choices see my favorites above and more info on the site

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written May 20, 2012

• Jefie profile photo Jefie
  • Reviews: 2294

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

VRBO (Vacation Rentals by Owner): A home away from home... literally!

There are several Websites out there offering houses for rent but I thought I'd post the link to VRBO since that's the one my in-laws used to rent a place in Port Charlotte and it worked out well. There are several reasons that might make you want to consider renting a house instead of staying at a hotel: for an extended stay, it often turns out to be the cheapest option. Also, there are much more options available for people traveling with pets, and families might enjoy having the extra room to let children run around. Personally, what I enjoyed the most was to have the option to stop by the grocery store and cook dinner on the barbecue by the pool every night - it sort of reminded me of my camping trips, and it made for a very relaxing and very comfortable holiday.

Rental homes usually come fully equipped, and some have extra little perks: for example, ours had a swimming pool, a small dock in the backyard and a couple of bicycles, just to name a few.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Disabilities, Travel with Pets
  • Written November 28, 2011
Tip Photo

Lunch by the pool on a sunny November day

• Michele720 profile photo Michele720

America's Best Inn: Kissimmee's Worse Hotel

You get what you pay for and this was CHEAP. Cheap and dirty. Views were great. There were a few bugs but that's to be expected in Florida. There was an exception to that rule when the cockroaches came out when the sun went down. I packed my bags and headed home hoping they did not invade my luggage. I did manage to take tons of photos during the day, before I left.

Unique? Cockroaches are not unique but you don't expect them in a hotel.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Theme Park Trips
  • Written November 22, 2011
Tip Photo

Run down Pool Area (building in rear is SHUT DOWN)

Holiday Inn Calder: Holiday Inn near Pro Players Stadium

hehehe well go Dolphins ::)
very crowded indeed, the near area is not really ok to leave your car so better hire a taxi for r/t

and naahh I wont give bad direction to you ,just hope the Broncos take the wrong turn ::)

There is a Holiday Inn very near the stadium

i have stayed there too and its great.Hope it helps

very nice and central to sports like football and baseball stadiums in the area

• Related to: Road Trip, Arts and Culture, Business Travel
  • Written October 19, 2011

• tddbann profile photo tddbann

Belleview Biltmore: One of Forida's Gems

My daughter and I visited this hotel right before it was closed for rennovations. We wanted to get away from the daily commutes and workday stress. Frankly, we wanted a place to reconnect.

She found the place on the internet while we were looking for places to stay. Since I taught Florida History, I was excited about the adventure. She was a bit skeptical since some of the reviews were a bit negative. With some hesitation, we made reservations to stay at the hotel in the Autumn. I am so glad we did!

While the lobby doesn't reflect the history of the hotel, it was pleasantly decorated for the season and ghost tours were in full swing. The room was pleasant and clean and the grounds were beautifully kept. The hallways and shops were an adventure to explore. We also had the pleasure of experiencing a wedding was taking place and enjoyed the excitement of the wedding party as they went on scavenger hunts around the hotel.

While some of the reviews don't reflect our opinions,we have looked forward to the reopening of the hotel. We would like to go back and take our entire family. We are both confident that they would all share our excitement about this landmark.

The grounds are a sight to behold and the food was very good.

• Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written October 7, 2011

• Florida999 profile photo Florida999
  • Reviews: 358

Howard Johnsons: Great Location in Saint Augustine

We booked a night at this motel for Memorial Day weekend and found it to be nicer than we expected from other reviews. It was in a great location, right next to the Fountain of Youth, and very close to the Historic Old Town in St. Augustine. For the price, the room was nice. It had new carpet, new paint, new tiles in the bathroom and everything was clean. The staff even called about 15 minutes after we checked in to see if everything was ok. The internet worked, and there was breakfast in the morning.

Location! For the price, I doubt you would find a better one.

• Related to: Road Trip, Historical Travel, Family Travel