Marriott Beach Resort and Marina Hutchinson Island

Rossntheham's Profile Photo

Great Pool Service

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Hutchinson Island Resort during spring break of 2010. The hotel is a bit dated and not what I normally expect for almost $200 per night, but the check-in process was quick and easy, the balconies overlooking the pool are great, and the bar service at the pool was fantastic. Unfortunately, requests (such as wine glasses) are not handled with anything remotely close to speed and the cleaning staff took off with the robes on the first day never to replace them. Rooms do have refrigerators and microwaves in addition to the standard coffee-maker, which is really handy. Most annoying to me was that the hotel was billed as "on the beach." I had envisioned walking out of my room each morning and onto the beach and perhaps being able to see the waves from my room. That was not to be. The "resort" is on the beach, sure, but to get to the beach is about a quarter-mile ride on a trolley. To end things on a positive note, our bed was divine and the food ordered from room service was delicious (in addition to being large portions!). I would stay at this hotel again ONLY if I were offered a super-deal. Otherwise, I would rather stay at a condo on the beach.

Unique Quality: Great pool.
Excellent wait staff at the pool.
Comfy, large beds.
Delicious food delivered by room service.
Large bathrooms.
Nice balconies.
Refrigerators and microwaves in the room.

Directions: Cross the 2 huge bridges and take an immediate right.

Nearby Marriott Beach Resort and Marina Hutchinson Island

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Hutchinson Island Travel Forum

Need advice about Hutchinson Island, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Hutchinson Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Hutchinson Island Travel Guide