Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront

Tags

Spa and Resort Beaches
See Amenities

Do not Book this Hotel!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 24, 2009

-The Hotel reception staff was extremely rude and degrading to my family during our entire stay. My father in law was called a liar when he attemped to report people in the pool at 1am. (The pool closes at 10pm)
-My husband and I were staying in the South tower. Noise seems to travel there. Everytime anyone made noise, the complaint was instantly placed onto my brother in law's room. He got married over the weekend at this hotel. It was a destination wedding and we had booked 50 people into the hotel. They showed their appreciation by calling the police on the new bride and groom to have them evicted on their wedding night. But only after the wedding was paid. Most of the guests had to leave on early flights and went to bed promptly, including the bride and groom. It was unnecessary actions taken by the hotel. After much negotiation with the police they were able to stay. It is difficult to have 70+ people leaving from a wedding and not create some noise. If they expected all of the guests to be completely silent maybe they should not be planning weddings that end at 11pm. Most of the noise was coming from the Turtle Nest Bar, not the guests of the wedding. So I guess if you are spending money at the hotel bar you can make as much noise as you like. My family and I are disappointed that the hotel ruined this special night for our family.
-The rooms were much smaller that I had anticipated from the photos. When you enter the room you are greeted with a long narrow hallway that makes it difficult to bring luggage into the room.
-We did however enjoy some of the other staff members at the Crown. Joyce in the banquet dept. was wonderful and accommodating.
Rich, the bellhop, was the most gracious man I have ever had the joy of meeting.
Eric, a waiter on the deck, truly enjoys his job. There was never a moment when he did not have a smile on his face. Even running into him in the lobby, he would give you his famous smile and make sure you were enjoying your stay.
Rob, the bartender, was awesome. Always there to give you a refill, or suggest a drink to try. Prompt and friendly service.
Jason, private bartender for Rehearsal dinner and wedding, was wonderful. Down to earth, talkative and friendly. I was glad to meet him during rehearsal dinner and then happy to see he was bartending for the wedding.
-Without the people mentioned above our stay would have been unbearable.

Unique Quality: Pool nice.
View from room beautiful.

Nearby Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Indialantic Travel Forum

Need advice about Indialantic, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Indialantic and ask our Answer Gurus.

Indialantic Travel Guide