2605 N A1A Highway, Melbourne, Florida, 32903, United States

Expedia.com IHG Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Do not Book this Hotel!!

-The Hotel reception staff was extremely rude and degrading to my family during our entire stay. My father in law was called a liar when he attemped to report people in the pool at 1am. (The pool closes at 10pm)
    -My husband and I were staying in the South tower. Noise seems to travel there. Everytime anyone made noise, the complaint was instantly placed onto my brother in law's room. He got married over the weekend at this hotel. It was a destination wedding and we had booked 50 people into the hotel. They showed their appreciation by calling the police on the new bride and groom to have them evicted on their wedding night. But only after the wedding was paid. Most of the guests had to leave on early flights and went to bed promptly, including the bride and groom. It was unnecessary actions taken by the hotel. After much negotiation with the police they were able to stay. It is difficult to have 70+ people leaving from a wedding and not create some noise. If they expected all of the guests to be completely silent maybe they should not be planning weddings that end at 11pm. Most of the noise was coming from the Turtle Nest Bar, not the guests of the wedding. So I guess if you are spending money at the hotel bar you can make as much noise as you like. My family and I are disappointed that the hotel ruined this special night for our family.
    -The rooms were much smaller that I had anticipated from the photos. When you enter the room you are greeted with a long narrow hallway that makes it difficult to bring luggage into the room.
    -We did however enjoy some of the other staff members at the Crown. Joyce in the banquet dept. was wonderful and accommodating.
    Rich, the bellhop, was the most gracious man I have ever had the joy of meeting.
    Eric, a waiter on the deck, truly enjoys his job. There was never a moment when he did not have a smile on his face. Even running into him in the lobby, he would give you his famous smile and make sure you were enjoying your stay.
    Rob, the bartender, was awesome. Always there to give you a refill, or suggest a drink to try. Prompt and friendly service.
    Jason, private bartender for Rehearsal dinner and wedding, was wonderful. Down to earth, talkative and friendly. I was glad to meet him during rehearsal dinner and then happy to see he was bartending for the wedding.
    -Without the people mentioned above our stay would have been unbearable.

Unique Quality: Pool nice.
    View from room beautiful.

More about Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront

Nice Hotel in many ways

by TripAdvisor Member MysticKid

Stayed at this hotel during a business conference and was plesantly surprised.

First... right on the ocean and even though air temp was cool, it was great to see/hear/feel salt air. Pool was very clean and right on ocean in middle of hotel. My room faced pool and while not an elegant pool, it was very clean and well-kept w/ a small jacuzzi.

Room was not large but very clean w/ many nice accessories such as linen spray for bed linens etc. Wi-fi worked great which is key to business travel. parking lot convenient and well-lit. Front desk check-in and check-out was very pleasant and all employees were helpful.

Ate at 2 nearby restaurants, Woody's (4 out of 5 stars)which was a barbecue place about a quarter mile away and Petrillo's which is a casual Italian (5 out of 5 stars ) restaurant about a mile away. For casual travelers, Petrillo's was a golden find w/ good prices, great food and a good wine list.(and many nice employyes)

Very pleasant stay in a nice community in Indialantic

Love this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AnnaGeorge

What a beautiful location. I would highly recommend an Oceanfront Suite. It is not cheap, but a great value. I remember this hotel when it was a Holiday Inn. What a difference.... They have obviously spent a lot of money in the hotel. Every single employee was friendly and helpful. They have a kids center that is great for kids, with daily activities. My kids had a great time! The activity staff was very friendly and fun.

I highly recommend this hotel. By far the best in the area.

Great hotel for a business or pleasure stay

by TripAdvisor Member das_turbo_guy

A computer system users group that I belong to hosted a conference for 150+ members at this hotel the week of March 19th. All-in-all it was an excellent hotel and we're planning on hosting the event at this hotel next year. All the staff were very helpful, the food - including buffet meals - was very good and the location is ideal. The guest rooms were very nice and like another poster has suggested, the oceanside guest rooms are the way to go. The hotel has free wireless internet throughout including the ability to access a VPN with the simple click of a button.

Not so nice!

by TripAdvisor Member TheHam

When we first entered the hotel, we were so happy. The staff was really friendly and helpful, the accomodations appeared to be lovely, and the scenery from our back of the house room was still terrific. These touches mattered little in the end because our four night stay was marred by some of the worst experiences I have ever had at a hotel of this class. We were awakened by the fire alarm in our room on two separate nights. The first night the alarm went off at 5:35 am (we were on west coast time-2:35 for us). We called the front desk and they immediately assumed we had been smoking. Nope. They told us that no one else was having the problem. We had to sit in the hall for 30 minutes to wait, calling the desk two or three times before they sent the maintenance man upstairs. The alarm shut off by itself after 30, so I was back in bed when the man let himself in the room and sprayed for dust and WD40. No apologies from the manager, nothing. We went to complain the next day and the day manager asked my husband, "what is it you want from us". Nice. We decided to pretend it had not happened. Then the next day, I was in the room when someone came in to tell me that I had reported an ant infestation. Nope. So she left and then I found the ants all over the night stand and the fridge. I am guessing it was the maid who had just been in the room. I went out to the pool and when I came back, found that the area (not sure if room, hallway or what) had been sprayed with insecticide. The last night, the fire alarm went off again at 11:30 PM in our room. This time, the maintenance guy came up quickly, pulled the contraption out of the wall and left it dangling. As he left he said to me, "sorry baby". I am 32 years old and three months pregnant. Maybe it is a cultural thing, but not appropriate where I come from.

The worst was just the utter lack of acknowledgement from hotel staff or management that we had been disrupted by this fire alarm problem. We did not force the issue after talking to the first manager, but in retrospect, we should have asked to be moved. She made us feel like we were being demanding to even complain to her.

Even though it is pretty to look at-if you want a good night of sleep, don't stay here. I have stayed at Crowne Plaza before with good results so I believe it is just this branch that is sloppy. Our other thought was that we got the room for a good rate via Priceline and maybe they don't treat Priceline customers as well.

Way Overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member zymurgy1234

Well, once again I am reviewing hotels. As previous readers of my reviews know I try to be very fair to all of the hotels I rate. The unfortunate aspect of this review is I live within five miles of this hotel and my wife wanted a weekend getaway. The room smelled horribly of must and mold which is amazing considering this hotel was gutted after the hurricanes. The room was tiny the beds were uncomfortable, the toilet was loose from the floor and sent a horrible stench into the room. The upside is the pool is nice and wll maintained. The bar is well manned and the pool side music is great. I suggest you avoid this hotel and go to others in the area.

Comments