136 Madeira Road, , Florida, 33036, United States
Orbitz.com MrandMrsSmith.com Travelocity

More about Casa Morada

Casa Morada was AWESOME!

We stayed at Casa Morada last week for a quick getaway. It was just perfect...we were offered champagne upon our arrival, and shown to our large, minimalist-pure white room with fresh orchids....it was private, quiet, and relaxing. Wherever we were, whether near the grotto and cascading waterfall, or in the hammock hanging between two palm trees, it truly felt like paradise. While it is expensive, it felt very intimate and cozy, a perfect place for couples to get away. It has the feel of an exotic bed and breakfast or small upscale inn in a tropical setting. Included in the price was a lovely breakfast served on the terrace. Because there were only 16 rooms, there were not that many people around, which suited us just fine. We can't wait to return next year!

Paradise found

the moment we arrived at Casa Morada. With a career in a high pressure industry, it's very hard for me to unwind and relax. Casa Morada is exactly what the doctor ordered. It's the perfect combination of beautiful grounds, impeccably clean rooms (very, very important) with modern amenities and the friendliest caring staff I have ever come across. What makes this place unique is how genuine everything feels and is. Right after I left Casa Morada, I continued my trip to a five star resort in the Caribbean only to find my self disappointed and regretful that I wasn't at Casa Morada drinking a Sake Sunrise watching the incredible sunset. I would be shipwrecked on this little paradise any day.

Wonderful, secluded place

My girlfriend and I spent Memorial Day weekend at Casa Morada. It was wonderful. We arrived early, before check-in and were offered a glass of champagne and the use of the pool.

The hotel is set in from the road and is secluded and quiet. There are only sixteen suites. We spent our days lounging by the (smallish) pool. The lunch menu is failry extensive but the only alcohol they offer is beer, wine or champagne. The rooms were clean and good sized, and we had a nice terrace.
It's a perfect place to go and chill

A Magical Place...

Casa Morada was worth every mile traveled and every penny spent; we'll definitely be back. We came through on a tour of southern Florida and starting there left Key West and South Beach sadly remiss. The next time, there will be no side trip on our agenda...our trip will solely be devoted to enjoying the understated luxury and intimate surroundings.

The staff attentive, the grounds pristine and the rooms immaculate, the opportunities to explore Islamorada abound but there is no reason to leave the hotel. The quality and variation of the food is perfect in its simplicy, the free activities onsight allow for suitable diversion after diversion, and every moment from check-in to check-out is relaxing. What else could one hope for?

Kudos to Heide, Lauren, Nathalie, Sam, Bernardo, and Richard! We can never thank you enough.

Garden of Eden

by TripAdvisor Member fkmcja

From lush tropical landscaping to the elegant simplicity of a divinely comfortable bed, my husband and I immersed ourselves in Casa Morada's private island compound and vowed to return quickly. Heide, one of three onsite owners, graciously extended a warm southern welcome with the offer of refreshment (wine, water or beer) as we reviewed our dinner arrangements and on-site massage appointments aptly arranged by the staff. The hotel is a sensorial delight and you'll be reluctant to leave the grounds, with the gently swaying hammocks, quiet reading nooks with their extensive magazine collection, swooping sea gulls, game tables, bayside bar and comfy lounge chairs, to explore the area with the complimentary kayak, bikes, or snorkeling equipment....we never did! Angie's dining recommendations hit the mark (don't miss Pierre's and the tempura lobster). The entire staff was hospitable, attentive, helpful, and unobtrusive, and made you feel like royalty...many current and classic movies are available to borrow in the office and the "continental breakfast" with it's newspaper, fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, cereals, coffee and tea is a leisurely affair. The bed linens and pillows were exquisitely sumptuous; we drug ourselves out of bed only to plop down on the double chaise in our private garden and marvel at the wondrous landscaping and the serenity of this charming hotel.
If you're looking for the Garden of Eden, you might find it here!

Just What the Doctor Ordered!!!

My boyfriend and I spent the last month or so dreaming of relaxing and recharging our batteries at Casa Morada over the Memorial Day weekend and the weather, the staff and the surroundings did not disappoint! This place is perfectly secluded just off a residential street and is the quietest resort we have ever stayed in*. Our suite was lovely, very cute décor and the bed was divine! We pretty much kept to ourselves and did not take advantage of the activities (morning yoga, continental breakfast, and happy hours) but the vibe there was always one of peace and relaxation.

Everyday, we would get up, grab a book and just hang by the pool for hours. We would have lunch outside and then nap until it got too hot (the whole time there, we had sunny skies and temps in the mid-90s). During the day, there were a lot of people also lounging but you didn’t hear a soul. Everyone was on the same wavelength, just hanging out, relaxing. Even with the heat, the staff was always accommodating, making sure we were comfortable, stopping by to say “hi”.

We’ll definitely be back!!!

*The only thing I would recommend to the management is to put a sign up, prohibiting cell phones or encouraging guests to limit their cell phone use in the pool area. Our last day, there was a very annoying woman who, at 9 in the morning, was making call after call on her cell phone, socializing. She was not at all discreet about it; her voice carried across the whole pool area and made it hard for the rest of us to relax.

I loved it. I was there with a group of people and felt like the place was mine

The grounds were manicured.
My room was comfortable, and the ac worked!
The service was impeccable.
The setting was perfect.
I plan on returning next year.

rockin good time

service service and then more service. Everything from the moment i arrived to the check out the staff at this boutique hotel was all about me and the food and the drinks were always over the top. The Hotel keeper were always on hand to answer questions and make suggestion on near by things to do. I was at a friends wedding and the group of us our the most demanding people I know. We ask and ask and always got more than we asked for. Great job to the staff and I have already been planning a return trip with another group. Hats off to the staff at casamorada Yea yea yea

Perfect Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member Tripgirl

Loved It! We went for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon travels in July. Wish we would have stayed there the whole time instead of venturing elsewhere. We were treated like royalty. Beautiful setting, amazing staff. Nothing else like it in the Keys.

5 Star (Except for the room)

Over rated and over priced in my opinion. The rooms are your basic Florida Keys built in the 20s type of room that have been cleaned and somewhat remodeled.

The airconditioner makes too much noise and woke me up several times during the night. The bathrooms were too tight. The floors were cold, and the bed squeaked really badly. (Not ideal for a honeymoon).

They should knock down the old buildings and build new. You can't shine -----, but they tried there best.

Comments