4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

81801 Overseas Highway, Mile Marker 82, , Florida, 33036, United States

CheecaLodge&Spa Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Zero customer service: awful, awful experience...

We stayed at Cheeca over Mothers' Day weekend. It was possibly the worst experience we have ever had in a hotel anywhere in the world. Since arriving back, we have sent about 10 emails of complaint to Cheeca, and we have left telephone messages on the answering machine of the manager, and have contacted their marketing people -- absolutely no response from any of them. In fact, this reflects exactly the attitude we encountered while staying there.

The treatment and attitude from staff, from Front Desk to restaurant
    was terrible. We were spoken to in a pretentious, condescending manner
    -- and when we complained, we were treated simply as an annoyance. We
    travel widely, both within the US and internationally, and this was
    the worst experience given the price. We spent close on 2000
    dollars and we feel literally robbed. We have many visitors from
    overseas who always ask us about visiting the Keys. It is very
    unfortunate that we will not be able to say anything positive about
    Cheeca. (Caveat: The car valet staff were very nice, but that is the
    extent of the kindness shown). You guys really need to come down from
    your apparent elevated sense of grandeur -- it is not a great place,
    and you have to do something about it. As Florida residents, we will
    not be looking to Cheeca again for a weekend break.

Bottom line is that we spent a very unpleasant weekend at Cheeca thanks to the Cheeca customer service, and Cheeca walks off with nearly 2000 dollars for that privilege. Outrageous.

As we said above, we have sent about 10 emails of complaint to Cheeca, and we have left message and called the manager personally, and have contacted their marketing people -- absolutely no response from any of them. In fact, this reflects exactly the attitude we encountered while staying there.

Elvira Restrepo and family
    elviramariarestrepo@gmail.com

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Cheeca Lodge & Spa

Cheeca Lodge is the nicest resort on the Keys. The Lodge has its own spa, an unusual thing to find in the laid back Keys. The hotel also has a golf course and its own private beach.

All this luxury comes at a price, especially in this area where hotel rooms are in high demand and prices are pretty steep for the average motel room. But if you're looking for luxury in the Keys, this is the place to find it.

As fabulous as this property is, I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on spending your time on the lodge property. The accommodations may be top notch, but the Keys are all about the simple pleasures in life. If you plan to spend your days on a charter boat or in the ocean and your nights at the Tiki Bar, there's no need to stay here.

Unique Quality: A spa, private beach, private lagoon, marina, golf and tennis courts. This place has all the amenities you would expect to find in a luxury resort.

Directions: Follow overseas highway (aka US-1) to Mile Marker 82.

• Dutchnatasja's Profile Photo

Great Spa Resort.

We’ve stayed in Cheeca Lodge Resort and Spa a few years ago. I heard it’s renovated now. Back then, I was very surprised. What a beautiful hotel, with a high standard service. Many pathways were lined with palm trees, flowers and lit by torches at night. The setting is beautiful, right on the beach (ocean side). It has two pools, a lagoon and hammocks everywhere. There are lot amenities. You can golf, fishing, and much more. Many Spa facilities you can choose from. They had a lot of famous people that visited there resort, and I can imagine why. I would recommend this to anyone who loves Spa treatments, golf and luxury.

Unique Quality: Great Spa, great atmosphere, good service.

More about Cheeca Lodge & Spa

Atlantic Edge Cheeca Lodge

by goingsolo about Atlantic Edge

Cheeca Lodge has one of the best restaurants in Florida. The food here is not only delicious, but healthy as well. The seafood and fish is extremely fresh and was likely swimming in the ocean that morning. The resort grows its own vegetables which are used in salads and side dishes. The steaks are fantastic as well, and the desserts are to die for.

The extravagance is not without a price though. But if you feel like a splurge, this is one of your best bets. Surf and turf. Talk about the best of both worlds. Great steak and fresh lobster. Can't go wrong with that.

The Chica Lodge in/on...

by Lutz_H

The Chica Lodge in/on Islamorada. Not cheap (an In-Spot) but THE place to spoil a loved one!!! Selection of pool-side cocktails!

Not bad, a little expensive

My wife, 2 kids and I went to the Cheeca Lodge for April vacation. We weren't planning on going anywhere this year, but after a long winter, we booked. Being a little late in the season, not a lot of choice in rooms or rates, we ended up in one of the not yet renovated rooms with construction right under our window. The room wasnt bad, but the early moring noice was a little annoying.

The facility itself is nicely kept. The staff is either exceptionally well trained or they only hire genuinely friendly people.

Food is pretty good but expensive. The $20 breakfast buffet is way over priced. How many days can you spend $80 on the same breakfast?

While the facility is nice enough, we just didnt spend enough time there to justify the rates. We did play golf, all you need is your 9 iron and putter. As an active family, I think we would have been just as happy at any national chain hotel and ventured out for the days. The one complaint I did have was the so called free amenities included in the resort fee. Fishing rod use is free, bait is not. There are sail boats for use, they are extra.

Relaxing and Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member mryhawk

Ignore all the bad reviews!!! They have no idea what they are talking about. I have traveled to many different resorts, and I am very picky about where I stay. Cheeca is at the top of my list. I got married at Cheecal Lodge in October of 2003, after my plans for a dream wedding in Bermuda were ruined by Hurricane Fabian. With only 4 weeks to go before my wedding, the wonderful staff at Cheeca were able to recreate the entire ceremony and reception and gave me the absolute wedding of my dreams. Not to mention that this resort is phenomenal!! The grounds are absolutely beautiful, and yes, this is not a swimming beach, but nowhere in the Keys is. The water is gorgeous though and seems to go on forever. There are some rooms that are a bit old, but the resort is in the process of a complete renovation, and all the rooms will be exquisite once it is complete. My family rented out the Presidential Suite for the week of the wedding, and it looks like something out of a Hemingway novel. So do the new Bungalow Suites, which I spent my wedding night in. They each have their own private little garden with a hammock, and they are on a quieter, more secluded part of the resort. I have to admit, I think that the best part of Cheeca Lodge is the staff. They are nothing short of amazing. They treated me like family, and it was so hard to say goodbye to everyone after the wedding. They went above and beyond to make sure that me and my guests had the most wonderful vacation experience possible. For anyone who is thinking of a destination wedding, this is the place! Kim, the wedding coordinator at Cheeca, is unbelieveable. She made my dreams come true, and I know that she would do the same for any bride! My guests LOVED all of the different activities at Cheeca, and they are still talking about what a wonderful time they had. Cheeca is it's own little paradise in the Florida Keys. Take my advice and experience it for yourself!!

85% Great

We had a great time at the Cheeca and will definitely go back. The setting and amenities are wonderful. The main building, pool, and grounds are in great shape. We stayed in one of the 700's rooms which have not been remodled. The room was fine but not first rate. It was overdue for a renovation and a bit dirty; however, not bad enough to complain - just not where is should be for the price. The food was great, especially lunch and dinner. It's expensive, but correctly priced. Breakfast was a bit steep. We went to Bud and Mary's and had some of the best french toast ever made! The Cheeca staff was curtious and attentive; however, one night we had to fight to get 4 adults and 4 kids served - therefore the 4 stars. It ain't cheap, but for the most part, it is worth it.

Overpriced...little value, hidden fees

by TripAdvisor Member swissbeach

My Wife and I try to make it down to Islamorada at least twice a year and this past year we decided to try a different resort so we tried Cheeca. The rates for the room you get is not worth while! Make sure you check out their hidden fees such as the $35 per day Resort Fee!!!!!
I would not mind paying a fee for something of value but $35 per day is crazy!!!! They should not even mention the Golf since it is a small pitch & putt and you are done in an hour. They do have a nice Spa but don't expect that it would be in the resort fee....it's an add'l fee. I guess that's what we get for trying something new!!! We also heard about their renovation project...great, I'm sure their rates will increase dramatically too!

Brunch

by GUYON

Where can we have a brunch in Islamorada ?
Is there a brunch in the Holiday Isle Resort ?
Thanks
RAY

Re: Re: Brunch

by GUYON

Bob
Monique fed the hungry tarpons last year. They are so well fed they were not able to jump.

Re: Brunch

by TheConchMan

Bob already gave you some good recommendations & we luv the Hungry Tarpon for breakfast. The Horizon restaurant at Holiday Isle serves brunch as does Atlantic's Edge at Cheeca Lodge, not sure if its only during the winter months, as it's great. The Lorelei restaurant also does brunch as does Whale Harbor Inn restaurant but we are not real fans of Whale Harbor but it's all-you-can-eat & champaign.

Re: Re: Brunch

by TheConchMan

Mornin Bob --

Not much on the Key Largo area but your right, the Quay is in the process of becoming Key Largo government property for $1.8 million. There is nice Quay in Marathon but we always go back to the bar area & have their specials & you know what else. Its not much on what we concider great food but its a hoppin place for fun & entertainment with a lot of the locals.

You are coming down & we are going up to visit our daughter for the Thanksgiving holidays. The wife has to many priorities. Have you ever tried Harriet's in Key Largo @ mm 95.7, bayside. no view for breakfast? Very inexpensive & good, try the omelet if yout real hungry or you might want to split one. Bay Side Grill for lunch in Key Largo @ mm 99.5 for fish sandwiches.

If you are into cajun try Ziggie's Gumbo Crab Shack in Islamorada, around the 83000 Overseas Hwy. They have shrimp & crab on the menu. Try the whole Cuban fried yellowtail or the the filet of yellowtail at Uncle's Restaurant, bayside, mm 80.9. Haven't tried Sloops Sea Grill & Bar yet at mm 82.7.

Trev