82749 Overseas Highway, Florida, 33036, United States

Days Inn & Suites Islamorada
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Owners are scammers!

My worst experience EVER at a hotel! They booked us in on the wrong night, when we arrived, they blamed it on some "employee" and that weekend all of the keys was super booked because of a flea market and boat show so it took us over an hour to find another hotel. Front desk girls were rude and swearing, told us to dispute the credit card charge with my bank.
    Manager wasnt there and to this day never received a call from the manager or owners. They charged us over 200.00 for one nights stay and lied to the bank saying they sent us a confirmation, we were " no shows" etc. Owners didnt have the decency to call us once when it was THEIR mistake!
    So much lying, fraud etc. will never go back!

Unique Quality: The couple that checked in after us demanded their money back due to disgusting rooms. They were furious and wouldnt evn stay there....of course the girl at the front desk blamed it on their "problem employee"
    Disgusting people!

• Terrible Customer Service

I called to inquire about rates for an eleven person party for 3 days. I was placed on hold for 9 minutes. I called back and asked the desk clerk, Kristen, what happened, why the long hold. She said she was alone and how could she help me with a less than genuine tone. Her bedside manner killed my desire to continue with the reservation process. I said I wasn't going to make a reservation anymore and she hung-up on me. If she was that "excited" to help me become a customer, I shudder to think how potentially unpleasant that stay might have been.

• Resort????? Hardly......

Due to poor planning on my part we ended up staying at The Islamorada Days Inn located at 82749 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, Fl. Keyes, 33036. Upon entering the room, the first thing we noticed was the overwhelming odor of deodorizer trying, unsuccessfully, to mask the smell of cigarette smoke. One bed sat on three boards (not quite cut to size) placed on top of a bed frame and the box spring on the other was ragged and torn. The sheets were worn and thin. The refrigerator had several inches of rust at the bottom. The courtyard needed a good raking.

I did contact Days Inn headquarters and they referred the complaint back to the hotel. The hotel mgr. did send me two twenty percent discount tickets to use if we chose to stay with them again.... Fat Chance!!!!!

A tip for all of you.... do not count on the Days Inn brand name to guarantee any level of quality.... especially over the internet.... Make sure you check out the accommodations first...
    and PLAN AHEAD!!!!!!!!

Directions: Rte. 1, Fl. Keys

• Inexpensive???? Certainly A Bit Shabby!!!!!

Due to very poor planning on my part, we ended up staying at the Days Inn "Resort", 82749 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, Florida Keys 33036. I can't say the facillities were dirty but they certainly weren't what one would consider "resort" level. To begin with, the moment we opened the door there was an overpowering smell of room deodorizer trying (unsuccessfully) to cover up the smell of years of cigarette smoke. The box spring of one bed sat on boards evidently placed on top of the bed frame....and not cut to fit very well since they stuck out over the frame. The room was dark and dreary, the sheets were worn and thin, the refrigerator had several inches of rust at the bottom, and the courtyard needed a good raking. Because of my poor planning we did end up staying a second night there...but we were up first thing each morning and out within thirty minutes....

Upon checking out another woman was standing at the counter issuing her complaints... the desk person did apoligize and ask that she try them again in a few months. She did question the "resort" fee, and was told that any hotel offering a continental breakfast had to charge that. The continental breakfast, by the way, was a cup of coffee and a granola bar.I did send an email to Days Inn headquarters about the conditions we encountered and told them that I was very disappointed in them. I did not request any money back or any free accommodations... just an explanation as to their lack of quality in a hotel baring their name. On my answering machine they informed me that my complaint had been forwarded to the hotel mgt. at the hotel with the explanation that all hotels are privately owned. When I arrived home, I found a letter from the hotel manager who sent me two coupons for 20% off on my next visit...(Fat chance of that happening!!!!). I did call Days Inn again this morning....told them of the mgr.'s discount coupons, told them it was rather worthless under the circumstances, again told them I was just giving them a heads up and not expecting any discounts etc. Her reply.... "I will add your comments to your file number...."

I fully realize that Days Inn is considered a "budget" hotel.... but, especially in this day and age, something a little better could be expected from a national chain.... A name should guarantee the traveler a certain level of expectancy..... In the future, (besides being a better planner) I doubt that I would consider staying at another Days Inn unless I checked it out first...

annie

Directions: On US Rte !

• Best Place to Stay in Islamorada

If you are looking for an amazingly romantic and relaxing place to spend some time in the Keys, The Moorings Village is the right choice!

Unique Quality: We had our own cottage just steps away from the beach. It was everything we expected and more. The small touches made the difference. On the coffee table in our living room sat a journal where past guests had shared their stories of love, engagements, and relaxing vacations. On our screened in porch were numerous tealight candles to set a romantic mood. The linens on the bed were heavenly! Just perfect.

Comments