Pelican Cove Resort

Tags

Water Sports Fishing Beaches
See Amenities

stay adage

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 12, 2012

Pay heed to all the negative reviews as they are all true.We stayed here in May of 2012 and it was a disaster. The rooms are not as they appear in the pictures, and are filthy. The bug problems reported by others are severe....including bedbugs. Our first night had a drunken brawl next door to us...and they kept pounding on our wall. Someone (not us) callex the police and it all got worse. We were threatened and wound up going to sleep locked in our car. The next day twe asked to leave and management said theywould charge us for the whole week....but we could take it up with the general manager.....who was not in. When we left the office to return to our room, the thugs from next door cornered us to threaten us. We left. The hotel did run through the entire stay on my charge card......which i disputed and won. Now it is 3monthsa later and they took my charge card number and are using it all over the place! The card was canceled and am now dealing with the police. These people are low lifes. You may as well sleep on the streets of Brooklyn......you'd be safer.

Roach infested!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 10, 2012

My husband and I would personally recommend anyone considering to stay at Pelican Cove Resort to stay far away from this place!! We booked adjoining rooms with my parents for a ocean view, and when we arrived we had a marina view. The staff argued and told us that it was the ocean view. My parents stayed there last year in a ocean view room and knew better! So when we asked them to change it we were charged extra for the ocean view we thought we already paid for! They say they have a jacuzzi but the water was always colder than the pool itself! We also ran into trouble with our toilet when it would not flush and it took them forever to get maintinace to fix the problem! A few nights into our stay I was laying in bed when I saw a huge roach crawl out from underneath our bed! My husband killed it and we decided to let it slide! The following night while laying in bed my husband saw another roach crawl out from under the bed! This time he killed it and took it to the front desk, and confronted them. The staff then asked "what do you want us to do about it?". We demanded another room, and they said we had to have all of our stuff moved out so someone else could stay there the next night! Staff reported they didn't have other adjoining rooms for my parents. The morning we went to check out we complained about the upcharge we were given to switch rooms and asked them to remove it since we stayed in a room that was roach infested! They proceeded to tell us that since we used a coupon we already had 20% off! All they would do was offer a free night during our "next" stay! There is no way in hell that we would stay with them again!

Great Place in Islamorada

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 26, 2006

Stayed there and had a great time. You can tell that money is put back in the place. Very clean and quiet. Next door is the "zoo". Holiday Isle. close enough to walk over and back. Theater of the Sea is next door. Staff is friendly and helpful. I hated to leave. Can't understand how the other bad comment could be so bad. I took and chance and LOVED IT!. I'll be back

Unique Quality: Ocean Front balcony super in the morning watching the sunrise.

Directions: 75 miles or south of Miami Airport

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Islamorada Travel Forum

Need advice about Islamorada, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Islamorada and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Islamorada hotel reviews

Theater of the Sea
Theatre of the Sea
hurricane monument
Things to Do
windley key geological state park
holiday isle beach
Just relax.
Fishes everywhere.
Great seafood.
Restaurants
Huge servings , great atmosphere!
Nice place to eat lunch