Hampton Inn Jacksonville - I-95 Central

1331 Prudential Dr, Jacksonville, Florida, 32207, United States
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Jacksonville

MICKLER'S LANDING BEACH, NEAR JACKSONVILLEMICKLER'S LANDING BEACH, NEAR JACKSONVILLE

New Sailor!New Sailor!

Huguenot Park, JacksonvilleHuguenot Park, Jacksonville

Andrew Jackson salutes the city of JacksonvilleAndrew Jackson salutes the city of Jacksonville

Entertainment Jobs and Nightlife

by DUKE3100

Ok guys I got a tough decision to make-

Basically I am a recently single 28 year old who is looking to get out of boring and cold Maine and go to a place that has more to do, is warmer, and that has job oppurtunities that could lead me to a profitable career. Other important factors include friendly people who are easy to meet since I would need some new friends. Of course since I am enjoying the twilight of my youth and now newly single...nightlife and entertainment as well as the singles scene is important as well. So to make a long story short I have carefully studied and narrowed things down to Austin Texas, Phoenix Arizona, or Jacksonville Florida. I decided on Jacksonville because I have always wanted to live in Florida but the job opportunity and Hurricane risk has kept me away...as I understand it...neither of those are a big factor in Jacksonville. SOOOOOOOOO I was hoping you guys could help me with the following questions:

1) Is there the Florida night life environment here in Jacksonville with dance clubs and techno and rap and plenty of nice friendly females in their 20's running around trying to get some attention?

2) Is it true that it is only the city that has night life and that Jacksonville beach is merely a day getaway which is 45 minutes from the city?

3) If a Business major from Maine with food, customer service, phone, and sales experience were to move to Jacksonville what would his chances be of being able to make it? How bout if he wanted to be a writer and a bartender on the side?

Basically I am looking for a new place to call home that is good for a 28 year old guy who needs a social life in a "fun" area....and a career.

RE: Entertainment Jobs and Nightlife

by olddude

Did you check out Atlanta? Better social life and much greater job opportunites in your fields of interest. It is still warm most of the year and cost of living is comapareable.

RE: RE: Entertainment Jobs and Nightlife

by LIORSHABAT

HELLO
hello to u
well its not so far but give it a try , "tel aviv" the best city for you , come to travel in israel , and check this area for you , its hot , the pepole hot , you will meet tooons of new friands .
we have here a great beach and the night life one of the best you will see ever .
enjoy
lior

RE: Entertainment Jobs and Nightlife

by DUKE3100

So...it seems like you guys are saying that Jacksonville is not a good place for meeting people...being single...or getting a good job?? I gotta stick to the U.S for now guys!! I have always considered Atlanta but its not close to the Ocean!

RE: RE: Entertainment Jobs and Nightlife

by tmaresh

It is an endless summer party in Jax. There's the downtown, and there are several beaches. Your party personality seems best suited to Jax Beach or Neptune Beach. Your business personality seems best suited to Ponte Vedra Beach. Your search for a home might lead you to Atlantic Beach. I used to live in Jax, so I know. In fact, I still keep FL plates on my car.

There's no state income tax in FL.

Travel Tips for Jacksonville

Springing the Blues Festival

by noidiotsplease

Florida's largest free outdoor blues festival, the George's Music Springing the Blues Festival has quickly earned a reputation for itself by showcasing top blues artists. Drawing fans from throughout the region, Springing the Blues has even been filmed for airing on public television stations around the country. The festival is held near the beginning of spring at the new oceanfront Seawalk Pavillion in Jacksonville Beach.

For more information on the George's Music Springing the Blues Festival call 904.270.2220.

Where to play in the backyards of blue bloods

by noidiotsplease

Jacksonville's own Malibu, exclusive Ponte Vedra Beach boasts the gargantuan oceanfront mansions of millionaires, a trio of world-class resorts including the five diamond rated Ponte Vedra Inn & Club, and shopping villages filled with high-end boutiques.

Driving down swanky Ponte Vedra Blvd, those of us "still working on our first million" (yeah, right) can make ourselves sick admiring one showy oceanfront mansion after another. The road even cuts right through the center of the grounds of two luxury oceanfront spa resorts. (Just be very wary of the slow, slow speed limit).

One thing you probably won't see along this stretch are public accesses. By law, public accesses are required, however, they have become obscured by shrubbery and other creative deterrents. This is because like in many other exclusive seaside strands around the country, private wealth seems to come at odds with public right-of-way, making Ponte Vedra a prime local battleground for access issues. So, how can you see what these grand homes look like from the beach side?

One fantastic public access lies at the southern end of Ponte Vedra Blvd. in what the locals call Mickler's Landing. Here, ample parking and facilities are provided, allowing beachcombers to enjoy both a priceless ocean view and a multi-million dollar backdrop.

In contrast to the soft white powder that characterizes much of Jacksonville's shoreline, the sand at Mickler's Landing is coarser and more pinkish in color due to the increased presence of coquina (ground up shells). Mickler's Landing is also known as one of the best spots in the state for finding sharks' teeth.

Genes Seafood Restaurant.

by CaffineFreak about Genes Seafood Restaurant.

Although Genes in a small chain of restraunts, i belive theres about 6 in the north Florida area, the quality and veriety of seafood available is second to none. The staff are alway eager to help out and recomend any specials and the overall service is great. For seafood lovers this is one place that is a must. Shrimp and scallops ina garlic and butter sauce, serves with linguine. Unbelivable.

The sailing was very good -...

by runnelspl

The sailing was very good - both the captain and the boat - charters are available in the harbor and you almost cannot go wrong.
Moving under natural, fairly quiet wind power is a treat. The day we went was beautiful.

My drive-by trip to Jacksonville, Florida

by Gra8ful

"My short visit to Jacksonville"

We didn't see a whole lot of Jacksonville this visit, but maybe next visit in Feb. we will see more of the town. We did see pretty bridges that Jacksonville has, they are pretty. the streets were very clean and nicely landscaped. We stayed right off I95 at the Holiday Inn. (see my hotel tip) It was very nice.

"Saying goodbye to Jacksonville"

Here we were on our cruise ship looking off. We could see the city way back in the background.

"Come sail away!!!"

Here we were getting ready to cross under the bridge. If looked like we were gonna hit the thing. It was so much fun!!

Comments