Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-95-South

More about Jacksonville

ATLANTIC BEACH, NEAR JACKSONVILLEATLANTIC BEACH, NEAR JACKSONVILLE

Beautiful SettingBeautiful Setting

Jacksonville, Fla.Jacksonville, Fla.

Original skyscrapers brought back to lifeOriginal skyscrapers brought back to life

Looking for a house!

by scattyc

Hello fellow VT'ers!
My husband is in the navy and we are relocating soon to Mayport. We were thinking of buying a house in the zip area of 32225 and were wondering if anyone has any comments about that area and/or any other suggestions or good neighbourhoods. We have read some of the other forum comments but are having difficulty putting the name of the neighbourhood to the area! If anyone has the name of a reputable real estate agent, we would appreciate it!
Thanks!

RE: Looking for a house!

by leesah71

Hello fellow Navy wife,

My husband is detaching from the USS Kennedy and we live about 7 miles from Mayport in the 32225 zip code. Our housing area is called River Point. We are selling our house and feel it's the best neighborhood around Mayport. Traveling to and from the base is a nice and easy commute. We are not currently using a realtor as it's for sale by owner. Here is a link with pics for my house. http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/rfs/291291908.html

Please respond to me with any questions that you may have. Where are you coming from? We are getting stationed in Hawaii and are very excited. My husband has to leave at the beginning of April and I will follow as soon as the house sells and I'm able to travel....I'm 6 months pregnant. When will you arrive at Mayport?

Thanks,
Lisa

Re: Looking for a house!

by JandS

Hi! We just relocated and are trying to sell our home in the zip code 32225. My husband was based in Mayport and this home worked out perfectly for us, as well as many others based there living in the neighborhood. It is only three years old and we kept it in perfect condition. It is only ten minutes from the base. I would love to hear from you and email you photos. I hope this is a situation that can work out well for both of us!

Travel Tips for Jacksonville

I would say the best activity...

by runnelspl

I would say the best activity of the three 'formal' activities was the sailing - we sailed from amelia island to St Mary's, Georgia and had lunch there before sailing back. - We went up the intercoastal waterway and up the St. Mary's River - literally, since it is one of the few rivers in the U.S. which flows to the North. We also had a lot of fun with the parasailing - it was a very stable ride and was handled well by the concessioneers. My only regret is that I left my camera on the boat when I went up - it is just a snapshot camera and would have been easy to use from the parachute.
In any case, it was fun even if it was a bit chilly (we had to wade/swim from the hotel beach to the boat - not too far, but when you're wet, you're wet!)

Dolphins splashing in the ocean at sunrise

by noidiotsplease

Get up early and head out to Atlantic, Neptune or Jacksonville Beach to watch the sunrise. (If you're staying at one of the oceanfront hotels, simply walk out onto your balcony). Not only is a Jacksonville sunrise over the ocean an awesome and magnificent sight to behold, but it often is enhanced by the rolling fins of dolphins.

Dolphins can be seen any time of day around Jacksonville (I was completely surrounded by them in the St. Johns River one afternoon), but they tend to be especially active in the ocean just as the sun rises. First look for rolling black shapes appearing and disappearing at the surface of the water. Keep watching and you may be lucky enough to see one or a few come out of the water a little!

Tropical restaurant feels like the Caribbean!

by noidiotsplease about Sunny Caribbee

Inspired by the owners' trip to a Caribbean resort, this bright and colorful gem is a unique icon in the popular dining district of Beach Town Center. With windows that open completely to the sidewalk, tropical artwork on the walls, televisions showing surfing footage, a covered and enclosable open-air bar on the second floor and a spice shop stocked with bottled versions of the same Caribbean spices they use in their specialties, Sunny Caribbee is a culinary and sensory treat you won't want to miss!

cummer museum of art

by doug48

the cummer museum of art hosts exhibitions from private collections of art collectors from the jacksonville area. the collections are quite ecletic with examples of classical european art, american art, modern art, pottery, and sculpture. for those interested in all types of art the cummer collections are worth seeing when in the jacksonville area. for admission and times see the attached web site.

Jacksonville

by bilbos0

"The Game"

Jacksonville has become my most visited fun place to be. Teresa, my sister-n-law works for the Jacksonville Jaquars, what a great job. She was able to help me get season tickets to the Jags. Not only were they at a good price, but the seats are wonderful. This is a veiw from my seat.

"The Game"

Even though my favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys, i am a fan with the Jags when i'm there. Southwest has a direct flight to Jacksonville for under a $100. I stay at Teresa's house for the weekend and head home on Monday morning. What a life.
The weather stays great all year round in Jacksonville. Sometime i wish i could see a game in cold weather. Its just not right to watch football and get and get sunburnt.....

"The BIG GAME !!!!"

The coolest thing about having a relative that works for the NFL is that you get access to the Superbowl tickets, being a season ticket holder helps too. Teresa was able to get me a ticket to the 39th Super Bowl. The seat was on the end and was only a few feet away from the concessions (which were included) I had the best time there. The hype and the hoopla that was there can not be felt from an easy chair in your home.

Comments