Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront

225 East Coast Line Dr, (formerly Adams Mark), Jacksonville, Florida, 32202, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Worst experience ever!

The Hyatt at Jacksonville completely ruined Let me start by saying MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THIS HOTEL BEFORE WAISTING YOUR TIME, MANAGEMENT IS AWFUL, AND THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, NORE KEEPING THEM. My boyfriend and I have been patiently waiting for Florida vs. Georgia weekend and grabbed our tickets as soon as they were available hot off the press! We immediately booked our hotel 2 weeks in advance and sat back to relax thinking we had successfully planned our amazing fl/ga weekend! BUT, a friend explained to me that the Hyatt has a WRIST BAND POLICY ONLY FOR THAT SPECIFIC WEEKEND that no other hotel nor their corporate office has any idea about. Starting Thursday the 25th if you DO NOT HAVE A WRISTBAND YOU CAN NOT GET INTO YOUR ROOM. MAX OF 4 FOR DBL BEDS, MAX OF 2 FOR SINGLE BED. Hyatt does NOT inform you of this policy what so ever they wait until you either arrive or a few days before they send you a secretary made form advising you that the only people able to be in your room from sun up to sun down are only the 4 people on the list that you previously sent in. Remind you this isn’t a problem if you are previously informed of the policy but NO ONE has been informed. I tried calling the manager by the last name of Moltenberger (?) and he was so incredibly rude, nasty, and condescending. The statement he kept saying to me was ok Mrs._____ so would you like to cancel your reservation or follow the policy? Not a very good way to speak to a woman especially not a woman who just spend 750.00 on their hotel room. Why is this a big deal you ask? Many people come into town this weekend I personally have just 5 family members (one of which is my grandmother who has no plan to stay the night) who wish to meet at our hotel so that we can exchange presents, change the baby, nurse the baby, then go to an early breakfast, no they are not allowed to come to my room what so ever at any time during this weekend due to safety issues. Or maybe your friends want to meet up with you at your hotel so they don't have to walk alone. Nope, doesn't matter they have to wait for you outside because they are not allowed in the elevator what so ever. If the Hyatt wishes to have this policy due to “safety” then they should make a better commitment to getting the protocol to their customers so that this way the Hyatt doesn't ruin their entire planned weekend like they did ours. Maybe instead of focusing on raising the premium for that weekend and disabling all specials you guys should focus on the stay of the customer making sure that they have the information needed (ASAP!) if this is the one and only night and ONLY hotel that will demand wrist band access 24-7 to your room. Don't plan on telling your girlfriends to come over and get ready with you so you don't have to walk alone downtown because according to the Hyatt you cant. Thank you Hyatt for ruining all of our plans and our weekend, you have truly changed my mind about Hyatt helps their customers, since you did not try at all to understand that we need 2 wristbands for a new mommy and my grandmother at 9am. WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T STAY HERE! MANAGEMENT IS RUDE! UNORGANIZED, NO ONE ELSE KNOWS OF THE POLICY, AND THEY IN NO WAY OR FORM WILL HELP TO ACCOMMODATE, AT ALL! I have stayed at Hyatt all over the world and have never been treated this way, don't penalize customers for not doing an adequate job on your end.

• doug48's Profile Photo

downtown

the hyatt regency is jacksonville's best downtown hotel. the hyatt offers all the amenities of a first class business hotel. located on the banks of the st. johns river it is walking distance to the jacksonville landing entertainment area and a short drive to alltel stadium. because of it's excellent downtown location and amenities i recommend this hotel.

Directions: downtown.

• Comfortable business travel

This hotel is in an ideal location along the river. It is very easy to get to the shops and restaurants along the riverfront. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, with luxurious beds and bedding. Bathrooms are larger than normal.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a nice workout room on the top floor that looks out over the riverfront. The pool area is enclosed on top of the building.

• HumblyServingChrist's Profile Photo

Downtown Jacksonville's swankiest hotel

Unique Quality: Located on the Northbank Riverwalk next to the Jacksonville Landing entertainment complex, the Hyatt Regency ranks as Jacksonville's largest and most luxurious downtown hotel. Riverfront rooms in this high rise have sweeping views of the St. Johns River and the city's Southbank skyline. West-facing rooms look right into the heart of the Northbank's skyscraper district and afford partial views of the river. Other amenities include a rooftop pool and Tiki bar, a fitness center, an upscale gift shop, an upscale restaurant, a sports bar, a casual restaurant, and two floors of enormous ballrooms and meeting spaces decorated to the hilt with numerous silver chandeliers and Floribbean colors.

Over the parking garage, which is located across the street but connected via aerial walkway to the main tower, are several tiered river deck suites, which offer private verandahs overlooking the river that are great for relaxing and soaking in the view.

As the hotel caters mostly to business travelers, rates tend to be lower on the weekends.

Directions: Downtown Northbank Riverfront

More about Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront

Stay away!

We used priceline to get the room, it was $65 a night. Great, the Hyatt for cheap. Got there and the loby is very nice so the rooms will be too, right. We get a room that is dirty and dingy. Call for an upgrade and get charged $20 but we get a veiw, which is very nice. Same room though, dirty, wall paper ripped, stained carpet, broken desk...Call again and get another room, an "updated" room. The only thing different was a better bed. I can't believe how dirty this hotel was. I had my 10m old baby and I wouldn't put her down on the floor, it was just too gross. We called priceline and got a refund and stayed at the Sea Turtle at the beach. That was nice.

Stay away until they do the renovations. If you've ever stayed at a Hyatt this will be a huge dissapointment to you. It is no better then motel 6.

Not A Typical Hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member Sam4413

First of all the valets are excellent. They are extremely quick. It's $15 a day though and $12 if you park your own. The reservation desk is a little slow and aren't knowledgable about the area. They will tell you to go to the information desk. Gift shop is expensive for anything including drinks or paper. No paper is delivered to your door even if you are a Hyatt member which I am. The beds are awful. Yes I realize that they are getting their comfort beds in later this year but they could have at least put the normal Hyatt sheets, pillows and comforters on them. Housekeeping will wake you at 8 if you don't put the privacy tag on your door. However they will come back to check throughout the morning to see if you are gone so they can clean your room. Local calls are $1.00. Restaurants are pretty nice. Jacksonville Landing is a block and half. It's a beautiful hotel but definitely needs the Hyatt touch.

Former Adams Mark, still in desperate need of an update

by TripAdvisor Member fdipace

I have written a review of this hotel before when it was an Adams Mark. I travel to Jacksonville monthly for work and often bid on priceline ($55) and receive this hotel: WARNING. If you bid online the Hyatt will treat you as a second class citizen. The rooms above the 9th floor have the Hyatt updated beds. The hotel will charge you a $20 upgrade to one of these rooms, skip it. The rooms are still outdated and dirty, just as they were when it was the Adams Mark. The hotel location is great and the view of the water can be nice if they give it to you. They charge for the internet but it is free in the coffee shop in the downstairs lobby. The breakfast buffet is one of the most expensive I have ever paid and the food is the typical greasy type. After Hyatt took over they did raise the price of self parking to $12. The one positive of this hotel besides location is the roof top pool and gym, very nice. Hyatt needs to get cracking and fix this hotel. Priceline needs to drop this to a 2 star hotel. If money is not an issue stay at the remodeled Omni. Once in a blue moon you can get this on priceline. Althought the parking isn't cheap the rooms and service make up for it.

Ucky

Stayed here for a conference. Definitely not up to the Hyatt name. Room was clean...washed up looking, old furniture, hard bed, not worth more than 60-75 a night if you get a view. Very surprising...disappointing.

LOOKED LIKE A HYATT TO ME.

by TripAdvisor Member AUTUMNSUN

I did not actually spend the night here but instead visited some friends. I did nose around and use some services though. Valet was good and they had a parking garage connected to the hotel by a enclosed walkway. The food I had in the restaurant was good and so was the starbucks coffee in the lounge. I frequently had staff asking if I needed help. In a nice sincere way, not wondering what I was doing! It was upscale like Hyatts are but maybe not as grand as some. I visited the 18th floor, several suites. Very nice with great view of the river. They were very spacious and nicely decorated. Beds were great, yes I sampled one. I can not answer as far as the regular rooms condition. The pool is on the 19th floor (top) but seemed pretty small.It definitly was being enjoyed by many.I can only say that I did feel like I was in a Hyatt and not motel 6. I wished that I would have stayed here instead of the other place I chose. The reviews here had scared me away though!!

The Hyatt got its groove back!

This is by far my favorite hotel in the area. The renovations have completely surprised me. This is a mammoth of a hotel is really modern and luxe with 5 star service. The hotel is huge, so if you have a large group or convention of some sort it would be perfect. It's within walking distance of all downtown attractions, and has a Starbucks and Plaza III Steakhouse. The location, interior design, and service cannot be beat. The beds and linens were plush, providing a great nights sleep. The Hyatt has definitely turned this former Adams Mark in to its full potential.

Great hotel! WAY better than the Omni!

by TripAdvisor Member FLtraveller76

I was a little worried going here when I read the bad reviews on this site, but the hotel turned out to be great. I booked it on hotwire for $80, and they upgraded me to a river view on the top floor. The room had floor to ceiling windows and a large sliding glass door that opened to let the air in. The bed was very comfortable. I noticed that the bathroom and room decor were pretty dated and definitely not the same as posted on their website, but they are in the process of updating their rooms, and I'm guessing that my room wasn't updated. The bathroom wasn't gross by any means...it just looked dated.

The workout center on the top floor is great and even has a sauna. The pool area is really nice on a large deck of the top floor overlooking the river and city. The pool was decent, but there was a lot of chlorine or other chemicals in the water...so much so that I couldn't see my feet in the shallow end. Still, it was a nice area to relax.

Room service was great. Prices were moderate and the food quality was fantastic, as was the service.

The service at this hotel is incredible, especially for a large chain. Everyone is friendly and tries to go out of their way to help you. From the person at the gift shop who gave me directions to a grocery store to the server at the sports bar who made sure that my meal leftovers were packed up for later, everyone was genuinely very nice. In fact, I ran later ran into the man who booked me into my room, and he asked me how I was enjoying it.

The location of the hotel is perfect for business and incredible for attorneys, as the courthouse is just across the street. I've stayed at the Omni before and I was really turned off by how pretentious and stuffy it was, while offering a subpar hotel. Whenever I come back to Jacksonville, I will only stay here.

Comments