Value Score Poor Value
Good For Couples
Great Room and very comfy bed for the price!
I was a little scared after seeing the fact that this hotel only received 2 stars and a lot of negative feedback from other stayers.
1) its an older hotel, but the lobby was extremely clean and staff were polite.
2) all the rooms are accessed via the outside...this is a little problematic in the fact that a lot of dirt is tracked into the carpet. The carpeting appears clean but after walking barefoot...it was quite dirty.
3) the room was a great size and had a lot of nice features such as a big desk and comfortable desk chair. there was a nice size closet, a vanity cubby in the wall within the bedroom and the bathroom was a great size with a lot of counter space and mirrors.
4) its pet-friendly!!! And for allowing pets in the room, I did not sense it at all..no lingering odors of pets...no lingering odors of pet accidents..
5) the most comfortable soft bed I have ever had in any hotel,...even the more upscale hotels. Slept really well.
6). The armchair, night stands and lamps/sconces were out-dated but for the $...who cares? The armoire that encased the TV and the second one that housed the microwave and fridge were very nice.
7) The room was well lit.
8). Security feature for next time...check to make sure the window is locked prior to going to bed. The second day in we found out that our room window was unlocked all the time and we were on the ground floor so anyone could have gained access.
9). the continental breakfast is a cheap one..but not bad considering we paid $50/night.
10) the grounds are pretty nice; there is a small lake that separates La Quinta with another Hotel and a Shell station literally within walking distance.
Overall for the money, who can complain..I have stayed in far dirtier places with less amenities than this. The bedding was clean and housekeeping staff were frequenting the room. A great value for a tight budget and for those with pets.
Unique Quality: There was a nice pool within the complex (an outside pool but in the middle of this courtyard. )It was clean looking, although water temp was too cold to visit.
The room size and layout really was well thought and better than a lot of other places I've stayed.
The bed was no joke, the MOST comfortable I've ever had. Really slept well.
Quiet, did not hear noises from room to room, although a little outside noise due to the parking lot but not a problem.
Directions: Close enough to the city amenities and shopping centers but tucked away nicely from all that traffic; Very very close to 95 exit ramp...very easy to spot from the freeway.
Popular Hotels in Jacksonville
4415 Southside Blvd., Jacksonville
1300 Airport Road, Jacksonville
4675 Salisbury Road, Jacksonville
245 Water St., Jacksonville
Explore the World
- Hilton Niagara Falls
- Peppertree Atlantic Beach Villas
- Galley Bay Hotel
- Kuranda Resort & Spa
- Nilaveli Beach Hotel
- Country Hearth Inn Gulf Shores
- El Canario by the Sea
- Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort
- Best Western St. Charles Inn
- Dalhousie Castle
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam City Centre
- Mercure Residenz Frankfurt Messe
- Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I
- Arden Park Hotel