Holiday Inn Express North Palm Beach

More about Juno Beach

Fuel dockFuel dock

Fancy homes in Pompano Beach areaFancy homes in Pompano Beach area

I-95 Sound barriers with geckosI-95 Sound barriers with geckos

Woodson's light fixturesWoodson's light fixtures

Travel Tips for Juno Beach

MM 1009.4 Loggerhead Club

by grandmaR

When we stayed here in our boat overnight, it was called Frenchman's Marina. It is now Loggerhead Club and does not allow liveaboards.

I was not impressed with this marina AT ALL, for all of it is a fancy place. They have a restroom key ($1 deposit) which has the gate combination on it - but it is incomplete. (The combination is *0915* and the key tag leaves off the first star - if a nice person in the office hadn't told us, we wouldn't have been able to get back to the boat- our friends came and picked us up to go to dinner.) The floor in the showers is very slippery tile (no I didn't fall).

The early weekend dock person ( until 4:30 -(female) doesn't monitor the radio. I had to call on the cell phone to get her to give us directions. She didn't know what the depth at the fuel dock was at low tide, or the depth in the channel. She seemed a nice person, just inefficient and clueless. The late weekend dock person (male) was very uptight about giving us fuel and ice at 4:30 pm even tho the fuel dock is supposed to be open until 5 - he didn't want to have anything to do with boats after 5 - he wanted to be in the office to do his paperwork - even tho the office is supposed to be open until 6. Very grumpy and abrupt. They do have block and bag ice (charged the same). They did give us diesel fuel. They no longer have BoatUS according to a sign because of 'complaints about the program' whatever that is. The charge was $1.25/foot and $3.50 for 30 amp service. The ice was $1.25
and the diesel was $1.73/gal.

# THIS MARINA OFFERS: Yacht slips from 30 to 120 feet in length
# 30-, 50- and 100-amp service
# Cable TV and Phone Line
# Laundry, Restrooms & Shower Facilities
# Picnic areas and barbeque grills
# Ocean, restaurants and shopping nearby
# Onsite Ships store for your convenience
# Mail delivery and fax service
# New, state-of-the art power pedestals
# Fueling facilities offering Valvtect marine
specific gas and diesel
# Reciprocal dockage at all of the Loggerhead
Club & Marina™ facilities

Lighthousing

by grandmaR

I picked this location to stay because it had a Hampton Inn, and I thought (somewhat optimistically) that I could get a free stay for each 3 or 4 nights at a Hampton Inn. And also it was mid-way between the two lighthouses that I wanted to see.

So after we saw the Jupiter Lighthouse (and observed the operation of the draw bridge from the road), we drove down to Juno Beach and after a little bit of searching we found the Hampton Inn on Route 1. (The sign was quite discrete.)

I was using the GPS with the road map in the computer

When we asked the girl at the desk for a place to eat, she directed us to a place which she said was right across the street. But it wasn't, and it also looked like it was overbooked, so we went almost all the way back to Jupiter and ate at Woodsons.

The next day, we started out to try to find the Hillsboro LIghthouse.

I wanted to look and see whether the Riviera Beach Marina was still in operation (after the hurricanes) at the same place,... but we got lost a couple of times (the computer kept telling us we were "Off Course") and I decided not to try it.

So we went out onto I-95, and then ducked off at Deerfield Beach

Crossed the ICW to A1A

Drove down along beside expensive homes and boats

Until we saw the lighthouse ahead of us in the distance

Comments