3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

5 North Atlantic Boulevard, Route A1A, Jupiter, Florida, 33477-5190, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Jupiter Beach Resort

Great upscale hotel!

Jupiter Beach Resort was a wonderful surprise! Although outwardly unassuming in appearance, the rooms were elegant and very comfortable. My husband and I experienced no bad service and no bad food as other reviewers have indicated; in fact, just the opposite was true. Service was good and fast, and the food was excellent. We enjoyed the entertainment (live music) each afternoon at the outside bar/eating area when we took a break from the beach. I would highly recommend Jupiter Beach Resort: the staff is personable, the rooms are tastefully decorated and immaculate, the bed could not have been more comfortable, and the beach was lovely. It was definitely the best hotel we stayed at in Florida.

GORGEOUS place, lacks good service

by TripAdvisor Member NYTraveler99

The Jupiter Beach Resort is a beautiful resort, from the rooms to the bathrooms to the lobby and the beach. The hotel physically is comparable to high-end hotels such as the ritz-carlton Naples. It has a feeling of beverly hills luxury to it. The ocean is a spectacular carribbean blue. However, this hotel lacks when it comes to service. It took FOREVER to get food/drinks, etc. The food quality sucked and the people that served it were un-friendly and rude. Fortunately,the resort is not isolated, and it is possible to leave the hotel at night to eat at several restaurants which are in easy walking/driving distance. Another problem was with entertainment. TV's are beautiful plasmas but lack ON COMMAND or DVD Players, leaving guests with no opportunities to watch movies on rainy days stuck inside.

People keep complaining about having to pay for the chairs on the beach, this is TYPICAL of any beach resort, it prevents people from fighting over them, if your cheap just bring your own or sit on a towel or sit up by the beach. The number of beach chairs will always be far below the number of rooms at any resort, they have to invent a way to limit the number of people who will want them.

Final word- Travel to this place but make sure you've got a great rental car so you can venture out for meals served with true Floridian hospitality.

Very Welcoming

To all who check this site for a hotel or resort destination when on vacation, the Jupiter Beach Resort is a place I think should be considered. I went last night to check out a Vive party because I had a chance to because I was invited to. To my surprise I was welcomed with open arms!! First off I was not dressed to impress but the valet person said hello and welcomed me then the door man opened the door and welcomed me again. I walked in and was again greeted by 2 more employees. So within a matter of 10 seconds i was greeted by 4 people. I then was amazed on how their staff would want to give you a tour of their establishment because they are so proud of their product. So they gave me the tour on the penthouse sweet, which is very lovely, elegant and has an ocean front view. I was then shown to a few more rooms which all again had ocean front views, because this resort is on the beach. So I then went back down stairs and was then shown the Spa. All I have to say is WOW!!! It had everything a women or man could ask for. Facials, manocures, petocures, massages and more! But the best part was yet again I was greeted by, oh I'd say 6 or 8 employees this time while I was down there. We toured the rest of the Spa and went back up to start the party. My favorite part of a hotel is the food. If the food stinks I'm gone. Well the wait staff came with the odourves (I am sorry for the spelling errors) but man they had scallops that were the size of half dollars rapped in bacon !!!! Then I tried Lobster on a melvin toast bread, was ridiculous. Then came around was crab meat in a huge half dollar size mushroom! And last but not least came my favorite and my friend's favorite the goat cheese and beef. MAN OH MAN was that good!!! They also had fresh cheeses and fruits and other things but I really did not taste that because by the time the wait staff was done with me I was very full. But the wait staff was very friendly to me and never once turned their head away from me because I was not dressed the part like most the other people were. Besides the wait staff serving food they were cleaning up at the same time so you never saw a mess on a table. Everything was kept clean for saftey as well as your enjoyment. So then I went outside to check out the scenary and I looked out and there was the beach. BEAUTIFUL!! The ocean is right in front of you and the moon was out and it was just gorgous. The rest of the resort which I did not even tell you about was spotless and smelled very good everywhere I walked. Very elegant and not to fancy along with not being huge but more of a home feeling. So in conclusion, if you are looking for a gorgous scenary, friendly atmosphere, welcoming staff, a Spa which I think is to die for, the food which is my favorite part was ridiculous and a nice way to spend a vacation then I would suggest coming to check out the Jupiter Beach Resort because I think you will be exteremly satisfied with your stay.

- David

Avoid this place!

My husband and I stayed at the Jupiter Beach Resort for two nights during February 2006. We booked through Hotels and requested and were confirmed a king size bed in a non-smoking room. When we arrived at the hotel we were put in a smoking room with two beds. Our balcony was covered with cigarette and cigar butts. When we asked to have our room changed we were told that because we had booked through Hotels there was nothing they could do. My husband fought with them and they finally agreed to give us a non-smoking room if we would pay $50 extra per night. This was on top of the $400+ per night we were paying for the room. When we got to our new room there still were two beds, but it was a non-smoking room. The safe didn't work and the coffee maker didn't work. These were taken care of when we informed the staff but it was a nuisance and shouldn't have happened at a hotel charging these rates.

On the first evening we were there some druken guests across the hall from us passed out in the room with the lock deadbolt on - so that his roommates couldn't get in. The roommate and or friends of the guest - all also drunk - pounded on the door at various times during the night yelling. Hotel staff were notified about the disturbances but could not get into the room either. People continued to pound on the door and yell to be let in until about 5:00 a.m. when the police finally came and very loudly arrested the people in the hallway.

The hotel apologized to the guests on our floor for the disturbance and asked if there was something they could do to make our stay more pleasant. We later tried to take them up on their offer by asking if we could check out a few hours after normal checkout time and they initially refused until my husband argued with several levels of management and was forced to recount our litany of complaints.

This kind of service should not happen at a hotel that charges these prices and considers itself to be "deluxe".

There were indications that the hotel is skimping on maintainance - for example a light that fits in the wall of the pool had been pulled out of the water and was awaiting repair. It had been left on the side of the pool with the wires still attached to the outlet in the pool wall. It was there for the duration of our stay. The restaurant service was slow and table settings were incomplete.

All in all very disappointing - don't waste your money on this place.

Don't waste your money

by TripAdvisor Member missdad

After reading all the wonderful reviews I booked this hotel for 1 week. This is not a RESORT! The staff is friendly at check-in, so what. The food is terrible, the service is worse. Yes, you do have to pay a minimum of 30 dollars plus tax for beach chairs, this would not be so bad if you could get some SERVICE! NO SERVICE here. They run out of towels, no sand toys, nothing. It is impossible to get a drink at the pool or beach.
This place is lacking in every area. Housekeeping, the worst hotel I have ever been to. I travel all the time, this is the worst. No fresh soap, no straightening of the room or bathroom. They don't open or close the curtains. They forget to empty the garbage. I complained, to no avail. Front desk does not care. They say they will take care of it. They LIE. If you want to be tortured stay here. I do have a positive comment to add. When the supervisors Gerta in the evening and Lupe in the morning FINALLY learned about the horrendous housekeeping, they cleaned the room themselves and were quite apologetic. Thanks to Gerta and Lupe both of you did more than the front desk people! I am here now I can't wait to go home.

Romantic

I stayed at the hotel with my wife as a weekend getaway since we live locally. Of course we pick the only day it was raining to stay at this BEACH resort. We asked the concierge for some activities to do since we couldn't use the beach and found there was NOTHING to do on the property if it was raining. She suggested a mall, or movie theater...like I needed her to suggest that to me. Renovations were nice. I have never stayed in a room with a flat screen TV before which was nice. I have also never stayed in a room that didn't have an exhaust fan in the bathroom which wasn't so nice. Front desk staff was courteous and attentive and answered any and all of our questions with delight. I would recommend this property to others but I think staying here one time was enough and I won't be back. I would prefer another hotel with amenities to do if you are not into the beach

What a shame!

by TripAdvisor Member lextravels

What a shame. This hotel has such comfortable nice rooms and a pretty setting. But, we had nothing but problems. Check in was miserably slow with a new clerk who couldn't figure out the rate I booked. It took over 30 minutes to get checked in and this was with no one else in line! We tried to have dinner, and discovered a 1 1/2 hour wait!!! The front desk should have mentioned that a wedding party had taken over part of the dining room and we could have made reservations or gone elsewhere. Our 9 year old son was famished. It was a chaotic zoo. There were two wedding parties while we were there and it was a terrible time for those not involved in the weddings. Do not stay if there is a wedding booked. To top it off, a month later my credit card was charged an extra $669 - not my charges at all! I am still trying to get that recredited. We will not be back.

Wow , How could my expereience be so different?

I use Trip Advisor quite a bit. It has directed me several times to the hotel I ultimately choose. I usually can 'weed' through the reviews of others and quickly cut to the chase on the validity of their complaints. I suggest you do the same when you read what they are compalining about.

This hotel was very nice, great decor and clean! Everyone we encountered was more than nice. There is a saying... 'you get back what you put out'.

We ate off of the breakfast buffet and it was wonderful. Their prices are very reasonable. If you order off of the menu you cannot finish what they put on your plate. Everyday the scrambled eggs were made unique to that day. One day they had scrambled eggs w/ asparagus & crab.

We would then take a long walk on the beach (which is great, clean & wide open). We took a walk down to the jetty where fishermenn were catching yellow fin tuna, 1 about 30 lbs. After the walk our waitress would seee us come back and offer us another soda...free of charge since we bought one with breakfast. We would sit on the patio and enjoy the fresh air.

One morning a grounds keeper was raking the sand and appologized to another guest for waking him up in the lounge chair while another chatted to a man sipping coffee. These people were wonderful. Another night we came back and the 4 of us wanted to watch the final four. We asked the waitress if she could change the channel, she did and noticed we still had our jackets on so she offered to turn up the air conditioner.

So since most recent reviews complained about the people I thought I would share my experience. If you are kind in your approach to a problem most will do what they can to make it right!

Great Time!

Had a few worries with some of the bad reviews I had seen posted, but I'm pleased to report we had a great time. Reserved a Pamper Me Please Package which included two 50-minute massages (GREAT!) and a free breakfast. You can order anything off the menu, we had OJ and coffee, I had Eggs Benedict on crabcakes (very rich, by the way), and it was ALL covered by the breakfast voucher. I think it's better to order off the menu than to take the buffet, but if you want variety you can try that instead.

The room was very nice, great comfy king-size bed, wonderful bathroom, and our (small) balcony had a partial view of the ocean. Mostly it overlooked the parking lot and the very ugly backside of the condo across the street, but hey, at least we could see and hear the ocean and the weather was beautiful. Oh, and the flat-screen TV worked just fine (someone had reported it wasn't getting channels but we got everything.) The wireless internet was okay as well, although it seemed a bit slow at times.

We enjoyed the tennis court and pool as well, and as I mentioned above, the massages were top-notch. All in all, easily worth the price and I'm happy to report I didn't have any problems with the staff. The only "glitch" was that the spa staff had adcidentally charged for the massages ontop of the package price but this was immediately corrected (and apologized for) by the front desk.

FYI, we sought out a Thai restaurant called Thai Lotus which was about 5 minutes' drive from the hotel which was VERY good. There are plenty of options around the area so don't feel restricted to having to eat all your meals at the resort!

the worst hotel

If you are enjoy staying at Holiday Inns you will like this hotel. This hotel was a run down hotel that management put in some new sinks toilets flat screen TVs and an area called a spa. The service at this hotel is the worst. All the staff was rude and defensive whenever I complained. The people in the spa are completely inexperienced for the prices they charge. This is not even close to being 3 star. STAY AWAY from this dump.

Jupiter Beach, FL

by MissKarina

Hi again,
While I'm at it, anything I must see/do while in Jupiter Beach?? Anything I should know about the beach?
Thanks again!
Karina

Re: Jupiter Beach, FL

by Easty

A friend of mine owns a condo in Jupiter. He told me that some of the wealthiest houses in America are there along the Intercoastal Waterway.

Re: Jupiter Beach, FL

by Virtuous_Tourist

try surfing up at Sebastian Inlet..Blue Crush style..

Comments