455 Grand Bay Drive, , Florida, 33149, United States

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• dianajuly64's Profile Photo

CLASS and RELAXATIOn

We celebrated the 40th birthday of a college friend at this wonderful hotel. This quaint little island/city is absolutely to die for and the Ritz Carlton is located down a long winding road. It was the perfect,quiet,long weekend. Even if it was over Memorial Day!

Unique Quality: THe Rizt Carlton has a great Spa and the staff was simply "gracious."

More about Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Hotel

This Is The Place To Stay In Miami!

The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne is an Amazing property. The Beach is Great! The pools are Great! The Staff is Superb! They treat you like Royalty here. They won't let you lift a finger to do anything. I'm done with trendy South Beach Hotels that try to be cool and nice with there Rubbermaid White Furniture and tiny rooms and bathrooms. This is the place to stay in Miami. You feel like you are on a Caribbean Island, but only ten minutes from Downtown Miami and Coconut Grove. If your tired of South Beach nightlife, try going out in THE GROVE, cheaper and alot less attitude. A stay at this place, and you'll feel like you've been to Heaven!

Very Nice Hotel

The Ritz was only about 20 minutes from Miami airport with no traffic. Key Biscayne is low key with low-rise buildings. Didn't see many restaurants and two strip malls (e.g., Eckerds pharmacy). There is a seaquarium that I heard was pretty good.

Valet parking is mandatary - $23.50/ night (they left us bottles of water each time they pulled the car up). Your car could be 20 feet off to the side but someone will drive it around in front of you. I had the Island Getaway Package which included the room (bay view), valet parking and buffet breakfast for two at the Aria restaurant for $239/ night (plus about $30 in taxes), and 20% off spa treatments. The room at the Ritz was your standard Ritz room - marble bathroom, king-sized, comfortable bed, good view of the bay. Bed sheets and blanket was very clean. Really soft robe. A bath-tub and separate shower. No complaints about the room.

Nice grounds, there are two pools - one larger pool with waterfall effect and geared for kids as there were many areas that were only 3 foot deep. Another (smaller) pool is more low-key with less kids (less noise and splashing). The beach was okay - sand was not white and ocean was full of seaweeds everywhere we stepped (this was very different from our experience in Captiva where the water was fairly clear and free of seaweed). We stayed pool-side and the only disadvantage is that you do not get the ocean breeze and sounds of the ocean. There are staff to help set-up your chair, umbrella and towels at both the beach and by pool-side. There is pool-side service for drinks and food. Bathrooms right by the pool were a nice convenience.

There are some buildings right next to the Ritz that are under construction. No noise but it seemed out-of-place, scenary-wise. This didn't bother us.

Nice spa in the hotel - it has everything you would want - sauna, whirlpool, showers, etc. Treatments are a bit pricey but expected for the Ritz (e.g., $150 for 50 minutes for neuro-muscular treatment). Broad range of treatments. I believe this is one of the biggest spas in the Miami area.

Breakfast buffet at the Aria restaurant was very good - omelete stations, pastries, fruits, freshly squeezed OJ, good service, etc. Indoor & outdoor seating.

Excellent service

by TripAdvisor Member CaseyV

Just returned from a 4 day stay at the Ritz. Its the second year that I returned with my mother for a short vacation. The Ritz is beautiful with the most outstanding service I have experienced. We opted to stay on the club level and this luxury is worth every penny. The food presentations throughout the day are amazing. You are always welcome to take snacks and beverages to your room or the beach. We took a taxi to Coconut Grove and toured the Vizcaya Museum. This was lovely and then we had a great dinner at Monty's in Coconut Grove. We also took a taxi to South Beach ($38) and walked around and found a great italian restuarant. We enjoyed our stay and hope to return again.

Can't wait to go back, but skip Aria for dinner!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member libbsjm

It's a shame, because this really could have been THE perfect weekend. I decided to take my boyfriend here for his birthday upon much deliberation of locations. Upon our arrival, we could not have been happier, we were upgraded to a two-bedrooom suite just because we asked for the best room in a joking manner, then sent to the lounge for complimentary welcome drinks while our room was "inspected." Well....the room was not a room, but an expansive suite, complete w/ double doors, kitchen, dining room....and GORGEOUS views of the ocean. It was seriously breathtaking. The service at the resort was impeccable, from the doormen to the bartenders to housekeeping. The ocean views, the sunrise, and the pools (open 24 hours) were all unbelievable! HOWEVER, we had a horrible experience for dinner at ARIA (though the breakfast buffet was good), their "acclaimed" restaurant. Since I had requested reservations online, and no one got back to me, I did call to make the reservations, upon which time we discussed that it was a birthday celebration, and they assured me they would make it special, including writing happy birthday on the dessert plate. Well, there was no sign of this, in fact, the service at dinner was so horrendous, our waiter had to buy us drinks b/c he had forgotten them after twenty minutes. He also forgot to put the dressing on the side for the salad, and took it back, only to bring another one with dressing on it back to me again. My fish was so raw in the middle, I could not even cut into it, and when I asked for a candle in my boyfriend's dessert (because he obviously had no clue it was even his birthday)... he brought the cake with the candle in it to me!!!! I don't think I've had a worse dining experience. All in all, I will return here....I can't wait, as a matter of fact, but next time I will keep my dinner reservations at Baleen!!! Such a shame for the Ritz Carlton!

best family resort...great staff

by TripAdvisor Member quilty

Came off a Royal Caribbean cruise last week and stayed for 3 days...Best staff of any hotel we have ever styed at! From Freddy at the front desk to the hostess and wait staff at Aria's and the pool restaurant.
If you ask them where something is, THEY TAKE you there! Very accomodating. Rooms were huge with an upgrade (didn't even have to ask for one) to the ocean view. Very comfy beds with down pillows and "feather bed" topper...with 500 thread count cotton sheets we felt like pampered royalty.
Very clean and neat...newspapers at more door every morning and the NY times or wallstreet Journal on the table by elevators on each floor.
Pools were beautiful. First day sat by the free form pool where mostly families go then on day 2 went to the "quieter" pool. Got lots of reading done on very comfy chaise lounges. We have stayed at many Ritz Carlotn's before and this was by far my best visit! Celebrated my 50th birthday at Aria's with rose petals on the table and a bottle of cabernet wine and a fruit and chees platter, (which they sent to the room with a lovely note...courtesy of the hotel, guess they could see from the computer that we stayed at other Ritz properties)
I have no considerations in reccomending this hotel. We intend to go back yearly as wel liked it that much. PS. If you are an ocean fan...the beach is nice but a bit grassy for me...great chairs with plenty of shade if you want it. They were very kid friendly and no one had "bratty" kids who were unruly at even the nicest restaurants ...can't understand why the other review was not complimentary...as this was the closest to "heaven" I hope to get for a long time.

Terribly disppointing!

by TripAdvisor Member evcm

My family and our friends family stayed at this property April 5-11, 2004. Altogether we were four adults and six children.

I should preface by stating that both families have happily stayed at numerous Ritz properties over the past few years. This was the first time any of us were ever disappointed and aggravated while staying at a Ritz Carlton.

My family's reservation was somehow lost when we arrived to check in. Not to mention that we made our reservation through AMEX Platinum and were entitled to certain amenities such as free daily breakfast, a $50.00 gift certificate to use on property, etc. They never gave us anything. And, we didn't realize it until the end of our stay.

Upon finally getting to our room at 8:30 in the evening (half hour later) there was no crib for our youngest child a one-year-old. This was pre-arranged when our reservation was made and confirmed by the front desk that "yes, there is a crib in your room."

Well three phone calls, a screaming baby, and one hour later we finally get a crib. Not to mention we promptly ordered a lite dinner from room service and waited an hour for that.

Room service and food service in general was so slow it was ridiculous. Room service breakfast took on the average 1 hour every morning, and then when our order would arrive it would be missing something or it was wrong. For example, one morning instead of a pot of coffee, we got a coffee pot full of water, kids would be missing milk, no jelly for your toast, the wrong cereal, no eggs, etc. Food orders at the pool bar for lunch took from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours daily to get sandwiches or burgers for the kids.

The wait staff mistakenly charged our friends room for another large families drink and food order which totaled over $200 for the day.

We had valet parking charged to both families room bill on a daily basis our entire stay when neither family had vehicles. Additionally, both our families were charged another valet parking fee for the nannies we hired from the Ritz Carlton.
I mean are we supposed to pay for the wait staff and front desk employees parking? It was outrageous.

The serivce was awful and management was terrible. Both husbands went down to the front desk to discuss with on duty hotel manager and she was not very accomodating. It took my husband two trips down there to get it straightened out. Who needs this on your vacation, we're supposed to be relaxing and enjoying ourselves.

I definitely would not stay at this property during holiday season, very expensive, not worth it. The hotel can't handle full occupancy. The serivce isn't even half as good as the service at the Ritz in Palm Beach. Will definitely not return.

Super

I just got back from a long weekend stay with my husband and 4 month old baby at the Ritz. It was super! We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. The service was excellent and the location was just perfect. We had a wonderfuly relaxing few days. I would highly recommend this location for families, as it appears to cater to families quite well. The staff was very attentive, especially since they saw us with an infant. We requested a crib upon check in and it arrived 10 minutes later. We enjoyed the onsite restaurants as well. Overall a wonderful time and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

One of the better Ritz Carltons

I stayed here with two of my friends after a 7-day Eastern Carribbean Cruise. Though the cruise went out of Port Everglades and required a 20/30 minute drive to Key Biscayne, I decided to book it as I have had a hard time finding quality hotels with attentive service in Ft. Lauderdale.

The grounds around the hotel are immaculate; well manicured and what you would expect from a Ritz in this geography. As drive up to the first gate, the inquire if you have a reservation and your names. Once you pull up to the front of the hotel, you are then greeted by your names (typical Ritz attention to detail) and inside, once again, referred by your first names. Within the first 5 mins, they make you feel as though you are the only guest they are attending to and that you are a frequent visitor to the hotel.

We were given a balcony room with two beds, above the pool, facing the ocean. Though the room wasn't particularly large, it was extremely clean, had multi-sheeted beds, which were some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, and offered tremendous views of the pool and beach.

Bathroom had separate tub and shower, which I prefer, with good water pressure, decent towels, and excellent lighting.

The only food we consumed was poolside. The menu was a bit limited, but adequate for being out in the sun and next to the pool. I ordered a Caesar Salad which was ok; guess my expectations were a bit higher, considering the property. Burgers looked very good.

Mixed drinks by the pool were good; you could taste the liquor and didn't feel like you were overpaying for a glass of blended ice. Service around the pool was excellent, with the typical towel and chair service we have experienced at other resorts of this caliber.

Overall, no complaints at all. Over the years, I have learned that not all Ritz properties are the same, as some cater more towards the business class clientle, while others are more of a resort. Rest assured, this is definetely a resort, offering amazing tropical grounds, new facilities, extremely clean and comfortable rooms, and a relaxed and attentive environment.

If you're looking for a private oasis 15-20 mins outside of miami where your ideal vacation is rest and relaxation by a beautiful pool and beach, stay here. If you're searching for more of the nightlife, clubs, and shopping and do not anticipate much rest at a pool or beach, you might be better suited to stay in South Beach.

Amazing hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member lola336

I stayed about a month ago at the Ritz, and this was my first Ritz stay ever. Although the valet was pricey, and there was no alternate parking, we had no issues at the hotel, the view was amazing, as were the grounds overall...beautiful pool and spa areas,and it's open all night. The rooms were immaculate, the beds amazing, with pillow top matresses and down comforter and pillows. I was uttely floored by the amazing bathroom, with a separate shower, glass door..beautiful tiles, amazing. The balcony view was also great...would definitely stay there again!

Help find a place to stay in Key Biscayne

by Sheila1949

We want to rent a condo or townhouse for 7 days starting 12/27/05 through 1/3/2006. I searched the net and responded to about 5 listings.(couldn't find many) Any suggestions?

Also, there is a small lodging located right next door to the Sonesta Beach Resort but I can't remember it's name and can't find any listings for lodgings except the Sonesta and the Ritz-Carlton. Anyone know its name?

301 Ocean Dr
Key Biscayne, FL
Phone: 305-361-5441

by pulgaron

And don't tell too many people. Most locals go there. Considering price, location, and service, it's actually better than the other two giants next to it. So, keep it quiet....

If you cannot get in at the Silver S. Try these other nice ones: