104300 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, Florida 33037, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Azul del Mar

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing

Azul del Mar exceeded our expectations in every respect. We've been going to the keys for years and are delighted to have found our perfect getaway. Our room was tastefully designed, impeccably clean with a spectacular view of the water. We tried a lot of Azul's recommendations for dining and activities and were very glad we did as they were all excellent. We can't say enough good things about our experience at Azul and can't wait to return. We are planning our next trip now in fact to ensure there is availability.

Do yourself a favor...

by TripAdvisor Member dyarab

and stay at Azul Del Mar.

The accomodations and atomsphere are unparalled. We stayed in Deluxe Sea View and it was worth every penny. The decor is modern and very tasteful. Dominic, the owner, has an eye for style. He also goes out of his way to make sure your stay is perfect. We had a small problem with our shower, but it was corrected by the time we got back from our dive.

The grounds and rooms are meticulously maintained and Dominic's goal of serenity is accomplished. The views from our room were outstanding. There are kayaks and hobie cats on site should you decide to explore the mangroves.

I cannot say enough good things about Azul. I guess the ultimate complement is our definite return.

Thank you very much Dominic!

A great choice

by TripAdvisor Member HRHalac

We stayed only 2 nights with Dominic, but boy, we wished to have planned our vacation to stay at least one or 2 more nights there. To begin with, Dominic upgraded us when we arrived, we had the hotel all to ourselves the first night! Very clean room and bathroom, spotless furniture and appliances, nice bedding, Aveda products, the a/c working perfectly...when is almost 100 degrees outside, there is no better welcome than that. Dominic is a great host, you feel instantly at home in the grounds, the compound has manicured gardens and it all gets pink-tinted at sunset. We grilled steaks one night under the trees, and had moments of peace sitting under the tiki huts overlooking the bay.
We would definitely go back and stay there again when returning to Key Largo, Azul del Mar is the perfect weekend getaway, only about 1 hr from the airport. For those thinking of diving or snorkeling in the area, all diving tours are within minutes of the hotel, is very convenient.
Spend a few mintues chatting with Dominic, he is enchanting and has the best tips about the area.
Thanks, Dominic, we loved it!

Ricardo/John
NYC

Comfort, relaxation, beauty, convenience -- all in one place in Key Largo

by TripAdvisor Member cvg_day_cmh_triad

May 28 - June 1, 2005 -- Dominic has an extremely nice place in Key Largo, an oasis from the common hotel and from the everyday grind. Stayed for 4 nights in a Deluxe Bayview Suite which was very well kept and appointed with a touch of island contemporary furnishings. The bed was VERY comfy. Equipment for activities are easily available (kayak, bicycle, etc). There is a very small "beach" on the property, but if you are in the upper keys, you are not there to hang out on a nice sandy beach because they don't really exist. There is no pool, but it isn't necessary with the warm bay water right there.

Dominic was very helpful with snorkel boat suggestions, restaurant suggestions and even what trails are best up in Everglades NP. Whenever he'd see us on the property, he made sure that things were good, and would even want to know what we did and how we liked it. So, he is continually building up his mental database of the best of the upper keys for all his future guests.

Azul del Mar is highly recommended and we would definitely stay there should we return to Key Largo. Congratulations to Dominic for a job impeccably well done!

PS - regarding this whole bug thing, I saw maybe two small bugs, like a fly or an ant the 4 days we were there. So if there was a problem, it is a problem no more. But keep in mind this is a subtropical climate! I've stayed in very nice hotels in Hawaii where I saw more bugs than at the Azul!

The small, hidden treasure we were looking for

by TripAdvisor Member MariposaNYC

I discovered Azul del Mar through Trip Advisor, so I decided to write a review (my first) to help someone else decide whether to book a stay there, too. I was looking for small, well-appointed, charm, in Key Largo, and we found exactly that at Azul.

We stayed two nights (one night in Caribe room and one night in the Royale suite-both were superb) and here are the highlights:

-Low-key care, service and attention from Dominic
-Stylish and minimalist-style rooms with marble floors
-Aveda products, plush bath towels and large beach towels in each room
-Well-appointed kitchenettes also offer plates, utensils, glasses, etc. (so we bought wine, cheese and fruit to enjoy by the water at sunset)
-Covered huts near the water so you can have your own little space on the property. (We felt like the only guests at Azul for the three days, even though all six units were occupied.)
-Azul is centrally located in Key Largo, near diving, kayaking, beaches, a Publix, etc.

The only small downside is that the hotel is close to other properties on either side...and there are active docks/piers nearby. But that wasn't distracting and it won't stop me from booking another stay in the future.

I just read a newspaper article about how sites like TripAdvisor and HotelChatter accelerate the word of mouth on hotels. There's a reason Azul has great word of mouth.

Hope this was helpful!

Bug-o-rama

by TripAdvisor Member greytreks

We recently stayed at the Azul and at first glance loved it. While the staff was a bit uppity, the rooms were beautiful and the amenities were quite nice (including great teas and bath essentials). However they have a lot of mosquitos on the property and when my husband and I returned to our room after dinner we found ants in our room (turns out that it was hundreds of ants located under the top lid of the fridge). We also later found a palmetto bug (aka a flying cochroach) in our bathroom, which was enough to get us packing and head down to the Sheraton. If the bug problem was solved it would be a great place, but I don't think we will be back.
Also you should be aware that the rentals for all of the boats and bikes are a bit steep and there is an extra hourly charge if you require a later check out.

Had to dispute "bug-o-rama"

My friend and I just stayed at Azule this past weekend. We made our choice based mostly on all of the fabulous reviews from this site. I honestly hadn't planned on adding a review because I simply agree with all of the wonderful things that everyone else has said. However, after reading the only negetive review, I felt like I needed to refute the criticism. First of all, Dominic is the ultimate in botique hotel hosts. He was available when we needed him and was otherwise professionally inconspicuous. Secondly, I just can't imagine the described "bug infestation". We were there 3 days and did not see a single bug- not even a mosquito. As for the expensive rentals, we checked out the price of renting a Kayak from a local place vs. using the Kayak's at the hotel. We payed half the price at Azule and were able to go when it was convenient for us. (Dominic drove us out on his boat and then picked us up 2 hours later.) Finally, we planned an early morning snorkeling trip on check out day. Although we needed to check out of our room before the trip, Dominic accomodated our need to shower afterwards by providing a small studio style room that he has available for just that purpose - free of charge. Our only complaint about Azule was having to leave.....If you are lucky enough to get a reservation, don't hesitate to stay here.

Heaven is Azul...

by TripAdvisor Member Carriuni

We came back from our amazing trip to the US two weeks ago, and I've only just sat down to write this review. The reason for this is that I just can't find the words, but I'm going to try...

You know when you've had the most hectic day, and nothing's going right, and all you can think of is 'take me away from here'. Azul is what you'd imagine. Lush green lawn, leading to a white sandy beach, egrets, pelicans and parakeets flying overhead, your own tiki hut with comfy chairs, a CD player and the best view of any sunset you could ever imagine...

There's so much more I could write, but none of us have all day! I'd just say if your considering going here, think about it no longer, it's amazing!

Oh, and just as an extra, Dominic is the perfect host in every way. Cool as a catfish, knowledgeable and friendly!!!

x

Azul is a Gem

We stayed at Azul for the first couple nights of our honeymoon tour through the Florida Keys, and we absolutely loved it. We stayed in a sea view suite, and the room was cool, both in decor and as a refuge from the humid heat outside. We loved the kitchenette where we were able to stash some cocktail fixings for a quiet sunset on the private dock. To be able to sit and watch the sunset without the bar/restaurant crowds, in a comfy chair, with a lovely bayside breeze... heaven.

Although I think it's been well refuted by other reviews, I have to add that we found the rooms immaculate, with NO sign of bugs or creepy crawlies. Key Largo had had quite a bit of rain while we were there, so the mosquitoes were out in numbers, but that was everywhere, and easily solved with some bug spray. It is the subtropics, after all.

Dominick was a wonderful host, always ready with a suggestion or directions, but never intrusive in any way. His care and personal touch are throughout the hotel -- I even saw him fluffing the pillows in the tiki huts both mornings we were there.

Overall, we loved this place and can't wait to go back. We will recommend it here and everywhere, and to everyone we know! The only downside was it made all the other places we stayed so much less appealing.

Europe in Florida

by TripAdvisor Member pablus

GOT BLUE?

An artistic jewel.
Every touch was crafted exceptionally well.

Worth the price for the luxury.
Dominic was friendly and professional at all times.

The beds were very comfortable.
The living room was stylish and relaxing.

Enjoy.

Azul del Mar - Key Largo

by Blkbelt57

Has anyone stayed at this resort?
We are looking at three potential hotels.
Azul del Mar - Key Largo
Holiday Inn Resort - Key Largo
Ocean Point Suites

Anyone have any experience with these properties?

Best regards,
Doug

Re: Azul del Mar - Key Largo

by keywest123

Azul del Mar-Key Largo is by far the best choice! Much more character, well maintained, more beautiful & relaxing than the other places. They also have a property in Key West that was recently totally renovated, & it's absolutely beautiful. I met Dominik, the owner/manager & he was very kind, hospitable & gave us a tour of Azul-Key West. Both properties are unique, they're very customer service oriented & you'll love it! The feeling when you walk into both places is one of warmth; welcome hospitality, a beautiful place to look at & a place you can unwind & relax & you're in great hands.

Comments