500 Burton Drive, Tavernier, Florida, 33070, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Tick Infested

My family and I booked a hotel at the Ocean Pointe Suites in Key Largo. The room looked fairly nice to begin with. That night when falling asleep my brother came in to say good night and noticed there was a tick on the wall. We then pulled back the sheets of my bed and there were ticks everywhere! There were ticks in every room and every bed in the suite. We called the front desk and they offered to put us in one of their "clean" rooms. Because I must have obviously booked the "dirty" room. We left that night.

• We had a great stay and I want to go back!

We had a wonderful stay at Ocean Pointe Suites and I'd definately go back! We stayed in a great unit (I think it was 3407) that had two bedrooms with full bathrooms, flat screen tv's, laundry machines in unit and free wi-fi! I loved our view of the mangroves and ocean. The condo was a perfect fit for the four of us (my fiancee, mom and dad, and I), and I was pleasantly suprised as to how nicely the unit was decorated. We had plenty of things to do either on property or off site, like kayaking, snorkeling, lying on the beach, playing tennis, and taking a nap by the pool! We found plenty of dining options close by, and also bbq'd on the grill located down by the private beach and tiki huts. There is a clubhouse on property where they even have a cafe and bar, which we definately used on a few occasions. The facilities were well maintained, and the staff seemed quite nice. We got a pretty good deal on this unique place, much better than a lot of the huge resorts that I felt are honestly pretty generic. Ocean Pointe is convenient if you're going diving/snorkeling, with John Pennekamp only about ten minutes away - we went there for a full day of snorkeling, and kayaking too!

Unique Quality: Free Wi-Fi
    Great View
    Well decorated
    Very Clean

Directions: Oceanfront views, convenient to highway

• Great place to stay

The Ocean Pointe Suite in Key Largo was a great place for us to spend the night on our first trip to the Keys. It gave us a taste of what was to come. The rooms were very nice and looked just like the pictures on their web site! The hotel was just off the main road so there was not traffic noise. Close enough to drive for a minute and be back on the main drag. The morning breakfast was good too. Bagels, English Muffins, Muffins, Fruit, Cereals, Juices and Coffee and Tea. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming and offered to do what ever we needed to make the stay more enjoyable. We really enjoyed our stay although it was a short one!

Directions: Just off the main highway on Burton Drive. Signs make it easy to find.

• Highly Recommend Ocean Pointe Suites

We were just passing through, from Ft. Lauderdale on our way to Key West but decided to stay a night in Key Largo. After some research I chose Ocean Pointe Suites. Comparable prices, but I was pleasantly surprised at how large the room was. Full kitchen and sitting room. It made us wish we were staying longer than 1 night.

Unique Quality: The staff was VERY friendly, and when asked to direct us to a good seafood restaurant, they pointed us to the best I have ever eaten... EVER! (see my Snapper's review)
    There is a small bar and grill on premises with a super friendly bartender, and a continental breakfast is included.

Directions: Mile Marker 92.5 along US 1.

• tatyanap's Profile Photo

Great oceanfront motel!

The Ocean Pointe Suites features 140 suites.

The one-bedroom suite offers one queen bed and one queen sofa bed and can accommodate 4 guests.

The two-bedroom two-bath suite offers one queen bed and one queen sofa bed and two twin beds and can accommodate 6 guests.

Unique Quality: Ocean Pointe Suites room amenities include: whirlpool tub in the master bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, and private balcony.

Complimentary continental breakfast.

Complimentary tennis facilities. Private beach -- coral bottom, boardwalk & marina.

EXCELLENT SERVICE!

More about Ocean Pointe Suites Key Largo

Off-beat place to stay in Key Largo..?

by ian99

Could anyone recommend a cool, maybe off-beat, place to stay in Key Largo?

Re: Off-beat place to stay in Key Largo..?

by teddyaderwich

My boyfriend and I plumped for "the Ocean Pointe Suites."... this is situated just after Key Largo, before you get to Islamorada...

IMHO the place was out of this world. We paid around $140 USD a night (stayed three nights) on Expedia. This was for an upgraded Bedroom Suite... the extra money for the upgrade was WELL WORTH IT...

All are suites, and all have ocean views... but if you go for the upgrade, you wake up and you can see the Ocean from your bed.... absolute bliss.

The whole place is just so beautiful, I would definitely recommend looking into it.

Comments