2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 88% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• ngesler's Profile Photo

Great views, close to everything, a little pricey!

My wife & I happened to fall upon the Ramada on a fluke last year - Mar. 07. We actually had reservations at the Holiday Inn which is located next door to the Ramada. However, due to a mix-up in our reservations, they did not have our room available. The staff quickly resolved the problem by transferring our reservation to the Ramada - honoring our booked price.

The staff at the Ramada was very accommodating and situated us in a room overlooking the Marina - such a beautiful view from the balcony. The room was a good size - very clean, with a large marble bathroom w/ a soaker tub and seperate shower.

We stayed one night before heading down to Key West (see my review on the Speakeasy Inn - Key West). Several days later, on the way back up to Ft. Lauderdale for our return trip home, we decided to stay one more night at the Ramada due to it's proximity to some of the nightlife we had experienced during our initial stay. We were able to get a room without difficulty - also with a marina view - and the layout of the room was similar, although it did not have as large of a bathroom.

Unique Quality: Overall, an enjoyable stay... a little pricey for a chain hotel, in my opinion, but a great, accommodating staff, fantastic marina views (if the rooms our available) and a nice pool area w/ a hot tub overlooking the marina for those who want to catch some sun, take a dip or are vacationing with young ones. Plenty of excursions available for the adventurous type located right outside the main entrance at the base of the marina. Free parking and continental breakfast for registered guests.

Directions: MM100 - Ocean side

More about Ramada Limited Key Largo

Ramada perfect for the whole Family

my wife and I stayed at the ramada key largo in february 2005. I would recommend it to anyone....the room was clean and comfortable, the staff was polite and helpful, and our stay there could not have been better. Take a snorkeling trip on the Reef Comber catamaran just out the front door in the harbor...big fun, great crew. we will definately stay there again...enjoyed the harbor beach area and the hot tub was perfect. If I had anything remotely critical to say, it's that there are too few seats for the breakfast buffet...get there early or take it to your room! Try the Fish House Resteraunt if you want a fresh fish dinner, pricey, but you wont be disappointed by the food! have fun!

Great location, clean rooms, reasonable price

by TripAdvisor Member Dagny49

I checked out all the hotels in Key Largo and this one seemed to be the best price for the quality and the area. We'll stay here next time we visit. It was nice to be on the water and to be close to Dive Operators. Just a walk down the marina.

Great place on a budget

We just returned (May 2005) and had a great time. It's a great place for the price and if you plan on diving during the week because the dive shops are on the property. I would definately recommend Rainbow Reef Dive Center. Ramada had plenty to eat every day with their continental breakfast and the overall experience was great.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Colts/Pacers

The Ramada fit our needs just right. Had planned to scuba dive most of trip and the dive shop was right behind the hotel. Pool was on the small side but we were there for the ocean. Rooms were clean and the maid service was excellent. Breakfast passed the test with no complaints. Staff was helpful when asked for directions or suggestion. Next time we stay I will request a room that does not face the street; better view and less traffic noise. Casino boat transport left from the channel at the hotel. Walking distance to serveral stores, hotels and night life.

Beware!

by TripAdvisor Member Creativecolleen07

I had spent weeks pouring over reviews of all hotels and resorts in the Florida Keys area. After looking at pictures, reading reviews, I had decided to take my 2 teenage girls to the Ramada Limited for 3 nights during our spring break. When I pulled into the parking lot, which is literally on on the door step of a Shell gas station, I knew we were in trouble. We were greeted (not really!) with one of the most unfriendly employees I have ever seen. While I was getting us checked in, my girls decided to walk around and take a look at what I said would be a great pool area and beach area. I will never forget the looks on their faces when they realized that this was were we supposed to stay for 3 nights. The pictures are no where near what it really looks! I look at them now, and am blown away by what the true picture is! The pool is extremely small and very dirty! When I went to the "beach" area, I about fell over. The pictures make it look huge and comfortable. What is does not show is that it is no wider than 3-4 foot, and it overlooks a small, dirty channel for boats to pass. No way would we have been able to stay there for 3 nights and feel safe and comfortable. The building has areas that are crumbling, the smell of our room cannot be described. Our "furniture" was mismatched and our view was the huge sign from the gas station along with the pumps. If you opened the so called patio, you felt as if you were sitting on top of Highway 1, with the lovely noise of every car, motorcycle, and truck that passed by. I felt as if we were in the middle of a "B" rated movie and when I advised the front desk that we could not stay they called the manager, who wished me a good day and did not even bother to ask what the problem was. If the pictures were true to life, I would NEVER have booked this hotel, even if the rate was $5.00 a night. Not a place to bring a family, let alone teenage girls. Raunchy is the only word that comes to mind when describing this hotel. Look at the Marriot Beach Resort which is where we ended up for 1 night. A much better choice for families with children. A much safer, cleaner environment. BEWARE!!!!! BE VERY AWARE!!!!!!

Good for the Price

by TripAdvisor Member mizlindy

If you're looking for beachfront or old-time Florida Keys ambience, this is not the hotel for you. But if you're looking for a good value-priced homebase while you dive, fish, snorkel, shop, and explore this might be the hotel for you. Our room (standard, facing the back of the property, not Highway 1) was huge, clean and much nicer than the $300 room we had in Key West. It included a fridge and queen sofa sleeper (we didn't need the sleeper, but the fridge was great). Beds were very comfortable.

Continental breakfast was nicer than many, but heavy on the carbs and the lovely ladies staffing the breakfast were most charming and helpful. Housekeeping staff was outstanding... front desk staff not quite so friendly. The pool and common areas look a bit shopworn, but we didn't spend much time at either place, so it didn't matter to us.

All in all, a decent value for the money, but not the lovely tropical paradise envisioned by many Keys visitors.

Second stay--good both times

My wife, teenage son and I have stayed at this Ramada twice, in 2002 and March, 2005. It is conveniently located near dive, snorkel, and fishing charter boats. It is convenient to the reef park. The rooms were clean, the maid service excellent, the pool area clean and convenient, the staff helpful and pleasant. There was some refurbishing of the exterior going on during our latest stay, but the work did not inconvenience us in the least. I will stay there again, without doubt.

Bigus and Tiffer say.

by TripAdvisor Member Tiffer999

We stopped at the Ramada limited hotel Key Largo Florida in March this year. The hotel was excellent, good value for money. Bedrooms are big, the king size beds are very comfortable, bathroom average, typical hotel size and quality. Security was excellent well lit at night. Free breakfast was a bonus and good quality. We would have no reservations in stopping here again. Try and get a marina view room, the bedrooms at the front of the hotel over look a main road and petrol station. Swimming pool looked clean and tidy, with a small sandy area a few feet away through a small fence. Check out the Internet for the manager’s specials we got a good deal for a suite.

Comments